Any tips for a new lvl 400 Art/Arch/TH for sake of credit making?

Netsurfer

I'm new to the level 400 arena, and I am a bit at a loss as to how to make good credits with my current professions, which at the moment I'm unwilling to change. Those are Artifice, Archaeology, and Treasure Hunting (all of which are 400, to be clear). Like all of us do now with 1.2 (especially for one who has hit lvl 50 right after it launched), I have an obvious need to make credits all of a sudden! Plus I've never paid much attention to any MMO economy before.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what someone with my set of professions should do, make, or maybe even farm for sake of being able to turn a decent profit in the current state of the game?

I'm new to the level 400 arena, and I am a bit at a loss as to how to make good credits with my current professions, which at the moment I'm unwilling to change. Those are Artifice, Archaeology, and Treasure Hunting (all of which are 400, to be clear). Like all of us do now with 1.2 (especially for one who has hit lvl 50 right after it launched), I have an obvious need to make credits all of a sudden! Plus I've never paid much attention to any MMO economy before.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what someone with my set of professions should do, make, or maybe even farm for sake of being able to turn a decent profit in the current state of the game?

Those are the same 3 I have, make the purple enhancements to sell on the gtn, or just sell the raw mats from arch., or ive been doing alot of TH (rich missions) to get those patterns to sell on the gtn. Trust me, im not making tons n tons of credits because they have alot of artificers out there, but simply see which enhancements are on the ah and try to corner the market on at least one. (they've got a ton, but just make sure your not spending your mats trying to get a purple sch from one you already know. They have some that are duplicate i.e same stats, but under a different name)

Do your weeklies and do your space missions everyday.

Use your Black Hole commendations to buy some gear, pull the enhancements out and RE it. 20% chance you will learn it, but if you succeed, congratulations you can practically print money assuming you do space missions.

lvl 47 purple grade crystals (orange/yellow/blue/green) sell for 40k

lvl 39 purple grade crystals (yellow/blue/green) sell for 20k

lvl 31 purple grade crystals (yellow/blue/green) sell for 10k

i rarely sell offhands or enhancements but you can try those also. i can't keep crystals in stock, they sell fast.

Do your weeklies and do your space missions everyday.

Use your Black Hole commendations to buy some gear, pull the enhancements out and RE it. 20% chance you will learn it, but if you succeed, congratulations you can practically print money assuming you do space missions.

^ this. If you can get the RE and on campaign relics you will be printing money especially if you can crit when crafting.

I'm sort of puzzled at the logic of getting to 400 art/arch/th (or 400 anything) and *then* wondering how to make money at it. ***? Pretty much every crewskill you should probably be making money on it from the very start. If you haven't figured out how to make money with your crewskills by the time you get to 50 or 100 or so, you probably should just give up and go adventure.

Thanks for the tips all! @ the guy that talked about Black Hole Commendations stuff - I love the tip but how do you get those Black Hole Commendations?

Otherwise, you guys weren't kidding that artifact selling stuff is intense! is it primarily artifact fragments, with power crystals as a close second as far as overall worth on the GTN goes for me then?

(and as a bonus question - do epic enhancements really sell much more than the mats would?)

Depends. If the recipe is rare, then yes, absolutely. If you RE the Black Hole enhancement it will sell for a lot.

You want to do be doing your normal dailies to save up 200 daily commendations to buy relics -- this means Corellia, Belsavis and Ilum.

To get Black Hole tokens you're only going to make around 14 a week unless you do some raiding. You get 6 + 8 from doing the Corellia weekly and your Kaon/Lost Isles weekly, you can also get some extra from doing Nightmare Pilgrim weekly and raiding Nightmare Karagga's Palace or any version of Explosive Conflict (Denova).

at Lvl 50 I am making around 1 mil credits per week with very little effort.

sell the endgame +41 crystals.

you can get 3 colour schematics red/blue/yellow in crit/power/end variants from the daily vedor and the pvp vendor.

I am selling crystals ranging in price from $40k to $80k

watch the market and find which colour/stat combo is missing or has fewer on the GTN. Makeand sell that,

If there is only 1 or 2 of a colour listen on GTN for around $40k buy it and sell it for more. Im on a heavy load server but there still only seems to be 3 or 4 other names i see selling these all the time making it fairly easy to manipulate the market.

Trying to crit and make augmented lightsabers is also worth a shot but ive had mixed luck with this.

Some days I will crit 3/5 and sell for 150k each, other days I will craft 20 with no Aug

Get the schematics for the grade 2 custom lightsabers (the level 20 ones) and then get the grade 2 materials for them (marilite, eralam crystals, sacred artifact fragments and fibrous nylite solution- buy the solution, crew skill the rest). It costs about 10000 credits I'd guess to get the materials necessary to make 15-20 of them, start making them and odds are 2 or 3 should crit. Then depending on server you can sell them for anywhere between 90k to 200k (before you do this check the market and base the price on the current market price, but also to see if there is more of one type of lightsaber than the other). This is my own steady-ish income, on one day I logged in to find 300k credits in my email. :)