[Legacy] Make Upcoming 1.3 Legacy Unlocks LEGACY Wide, NOT Character Specific

llesna

Dear all,

As you can see in this picture here, the current plan for the upcoming legacy unlocks with the 1.3 patch is for them to be character specific, rather than legacy wide.

This will mean that for the upcoming advancement, companion, convenience or travel updates, you'll have to pay for them on every single one of your characters. Going on current legacy pricing, that's not going to be cheap.

Given that these are going to be expensive as heck anyway, I am kindly ask the devs to think wisely about this and realise that it will just become a grind fest for everyone with more than a few characters and will probably just end up with players having to funnel cash from higher level alts to unlock these on new ones.

So please, support me in making these upcoming unlocks legacy wide.

Kind regards

llesna

P.S. Please also see this thread for other legacy suggestions and requests.

P.P.S. As my question about the upcoming changes was answered by Bioware, I have started a new thread to ask for the choice to unlock such features individually or legacy wide.

Edited by llesna

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree. Unless they are going to unlock across the entire Legacy, they should either be reduced in price or moved from the Legacy completely to a new system. Otherwise, what is the point of having a Legacy system.

Thank you for your support there. I completely agree with your points :)

I have 8 characters, 5 of them 50 (already deleted one lvl50 char to make room). Do they really expect anyone to dole out credits for all characters? I could *maybe* buy some for my main but the rest? Yeah, no.

I must agree, Bioware have promoted the concept of the Legacy system as being a server wide system for your "family" of characters. Making any aspect of legacy unlocks only for a single chatacter goes completely against the whole concept of Legacy.

I disagree, its the same discussion that happened at wow so often.

Chars should never be linked, so that 1 char finished means all chars finished. If you want to reach something with a new char, then you must do it from scratch.

Everything else is kinda silly, people would stop playing after 1 char then and scream even louder "where is content" then.

I disagree, its the same discussion that happened at wow so often.

Chars should never be linked, so that 1 char finished means all chars finished. If you want to reach something with a new char, then you must do it from scratch.

Everything else is kinda silly, people would stop playing after 1 char then and scream even louder "where is content" then.

If it's meant to be character specific, then why is it under the legacy umbrella?

The whole point of legacy is that you get cumulative awards from playing on multiple alts and accumulating a high legacy level. The point is not to have to grind any more individually on specific characters.

If the unlocks are character specific, then why are the other unlocks legacy wide?

The decision to make them character specific cries injustice and grind and doesn't fit into the whole ethos of having a legacy, which is to get bonuses for all your legacy characters.

If you're going to have character specific unlocks, then those shouldn't be legacy related.

There is a way this could work if bioware implements it correctly.

If they want the unlocks to be character specific then make it based on a legacy level thereby removing the cost if you reach the legacy level

In other words:

If you reach a legacy level that specific item is unlocked without the cost

or:

If you don't want to wait for the legacy level then you can purchase it with credits

but not both

Either one or the other.

And that is on all the unlocks not just specific ones

There is a way this could work if bioware implements it correctly.

If they want the unlocks to be character specific then make it based on a legacy level thereby removing the cost if you reach the legacy level

In other words:

If you reach a legacy level that specific item is unlocked without the cost

or:

If you don't want to wait for the legacy level then you can purchase it with credits

but not both

Either one or the other.

And that is on all the unlocks not just specific ones

I like the idea of either/or, rather than cash and legacy level.

I still do wish that the devs would rethink the idea of any legacy-related specific character bonuses and make them legacy-wide, but I could live with linked characters being able to unlock options just by the legacy, though it wouldn't really be character specific any more.

I am very much hoping that someone will see my thread and think about the silliness of character specific legacy unlocks.

I'm sure you do not see this as a priority devs, but considering this is a feature promised for 1.3, I'd like to see this issue resolved as soon as possible before the update hits and before you cause a lot of player aggro.

At present, most players simply do not realise that the upcoming unlocks are going to be character specific.

I am very much hoping that this issue is raised with the devs before 1.3 goes live or even to the PTS.

It would be a shame if such useful features were to be marred by being character specific.

Please stop spamming your own thread.

And it is also a completly useless thing to discuss, if the things you buy are for all characters they are just going to cost that much more and you won't save any money, if they are for character only they will be cheaper and those of us without 6 level 50 characters will be happier.

Please stop spamming your own thread.

And it is also a completly useless thing to discuss, if the things you buy are for all characters they are just going to cost that much more and you won't save any money, if they are for character only they will be cheaper and those of us without 6 level 50 characters will be happier.

Check the times and dates between my posts and you'll see that I've not been spamming my own thread by any stretch of the word. I'm just keen to keep this little-known issue in the public eye, as most people will wrongly assume that the upcoming unlocks are going to be account wide, since that makes logical sense.

Also this is hardly a useless thing to discuss. Legacy unlocks should unlock legacy wide, not for single characters at a time.

Keep in mind that if you do not have lots of characters, you will not have a high enough legacy level to get any benefit from these things, so you're complaining over nothing.

The fact is that legacy benefits should affect ALL your characters as it's based on your legacy level, meaning that you've worked hard on other characters so that you get a benefit on a new one, especially when the number of character slots is increased beyond eight.

In any case, I thank you for your post, however misguided it is.

i agree, kinda stupid and goes against the point of the legacy system, if they are going to be character specific why not make them new types of datacrons. and since there is 5 of each type of exp boost make one of each availible every 10 lvls first being reachable from lvl 1 and the last somewhere lvl 40ish.

Darn, I didn't notice that the new unlocks weren't going to work the same as the ones we currently have. I was really looking forward to more legacy unlocks, but not if they are character only. I can't even afford most of the ones we already have :(