The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Free Roam Space Missions and Guild Command Ships

LeeLoou

I have been doing my daily space missions and they are quite boring after the 20 or 30 times you do them. The whole space scenario on rails is so 1990's anyway, I had more control over my ship in N64 Rogue Squadron. Put up a faction specific space zone where players can go in and free roam and find NPC ships to destroy and loot resources and credits as well as comms and get XP.

Also, make a guild command ship where players can fly to and meet up with their guildmates, acces guild banks, access a guild terminal to read about upcoming events or messages posted by guildmates, all this in game rather than having to leave the game and go to a guild website. This could cut down on lag in fleet, make guilds feel more immersive in the game, and give players a meeting place to go away from fleet and other non guild players.

Agreed space is so lacking in this game.

I was one of the things is loved about Star Wars Galaxies, the ability to fly my ship anywhere i wanted. Hell zoning to run PvP space combat was awesome, runs on capital ships, faction missions. One of the best things was upgrading you ship so that you could invite your team mates to join you on missions. They controls the turrets while you flew the ship.

I feel that BW has let the SW fan's and community down with this 'fly by rail' crap, may as well be playing Paperboy (if you old enough to remember it)

I've only run maybe a dozen space missions before I got jacked with the lack of freedom (i have 4 alts and none have done a single mission), who ever thought that Star Wars space combat was a linear concept should be tired to a chair and given games like, X-wing v's Tie Fighter series or at least spoken to Lucas Arts and got it fight.

I dont even get the feeling that I'm in a star wars universe, it just leaves me wanting.

Nice idea OP, but at the moment the space missions would just be a small room with a space backdrop, adding an entire free-fly space area would not only take MUCH longer to develop, it'd increase the size of the game significantly.

Galaxies had 12 free flight zones so I dont think adding a single space zone for each faction would add all that much to the game. Galaxies had all that plus 10 planets, player cities and housing, and the game was 1/10th the size of SWTOR. Besides by definition "Star Wars" is a war among the stars so why shouldnt the space combat be a bigger part of the game and taken off the "Rails".

Ya, at least in rogue squadron even though it was a set path if you missed a target you could go back for it and return to the mission. Some missions where in a small zone but you had free will to pick your targets and fly where you wanted to. The Space missions in tor are way too restrictive.

Guild command ships would be very nice. They could also pave the way for possible future guild raids. Space battles would also be nice. Just like duels but in space. Space warzones would be cool too. You could do any one of these with fighters or even the command ships. Definitely a good idea.:)

Agreed space is so lacking in this game.

I was one of the things is loved about Star Wars Galaxies, the ability to fly my ship anywhere i wanted. Hell zoning to run PvP space combat was awesome, runs on capital ships, faction missions. One of the best things was upgrading you ship so that you could invite your team mates to join you on missions. They controls the turrets while you flew the ship.

I feel that BW has let the SW fan's and community down with this 'fly by rail' crap, may as well be playing Paperboy (if you old enough to remember it)

I'm pretty sure they've expressed in multiple interviews that they would work on ground content first, and then when opportunity arises start working on space content.

You guys just expect this to be like Galaxies, when its not, and that's your own problem.

Space updates will come but among all the other complaints they get, as well as bugs, then space may not get what you want it to for some time.

It took Galaxies an expansion to give you all the amazing space stuff didn't it? Give Bioware some time..