Everything in this game is to expensive.

WaliceDrel

What credit farmers ? I have got like 3 in game mails since launch.. and my server is not a dead one.

as far as cash, easy to make 2 out of 3 of my level 50's have 2million+ credits, and I have everything the game pretty much offers, I dunno /shrug

I can't answer for you or your server but I have gotten no less then 30. I report all of them as spam, after I take the 1 credit of course.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still couldn't find a valid reason for ingame work.

You see, if I wanted more work than my job I'd do extra hours where at least they are paying real currency to exploit my proletariat ***. Damn surplus value.

But dailies are just plain surreal if you think of it. I believe that if I told the young boy having fun in an arcade back in the 80's that gaming would evolve to a point where you work ingame, he would laugh at me.

You mean, back in the 80's when every single video game in existence involved near-mindless repetitive gameplay? Where, if you wanted to find Zelda you had to explore a pretty big map without even a single hint about *** was going on or where you needed to go or what you needed to do? When in order to save the princess you had to mindlessly stop on goombas and turtles until you were sick of them in levels that looked almost exactly the same? When for some games the only reward you could hope for was ever-increasing difficulty until you finally died?

IF you went back and told some kid about this game, the response you would get is:

"You mean to tell me that the game has spaceship battles, rpg elements, I get to make stuff, I get to make multiple characters that each have totally different abilities, I get to not only choose my character's appearance but ALSO put stuff on him/her later that can change how they look, and I can do this with a couple hundred other people, or more, all playing at the same time? And you're COMPLAINING because you have to do something tedious? Here, take this controller, I'll show you tedious *plugs in the cartridge for Donkey Kong*".

I don't think the thread was about inflating cash drops. It seems to be about correcting extortionate credit sinks.

How odd that those of us willing to put in the effort for what we want don't find the credit sinks bad. Too close to real life with this; other people think they deserve what I have too without working for it.

I don't think the thread was about inflating cash drops. It seems to be about correcting extortionate credit sinks.

It was more of an off topic comment aimed at the post I quoted. I thought that's what the quote button was for. My bad.

Sweet, so all I have to do to make money is grind the same stuff for 3-4 hours every day, 7 days a week? Hey, after 3 weeks of that, I can buy a useless GTN terminal for my ship!

We have a different perspective, here.

See, I count playing the game as playing the game.

If ever I feel like logging in to do some dailies is work.. y'know what? I don't do it.

I do it when I feel like it, or when I feel itchingly close to a certain goal, or in spare time. Or I run a space mission or two. Whatever. That's the thing. If you do this as a job, because for some sick reason you HAVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING IN A GAME RIGHT NOW WHEN THE DEVS ARE AIMING FOR YOU NOT TO DEVOUR ALL THE CONTENT INSIDE OF TWO WEEKS.. then you have no patience, and no perspective, and no willpower to pull yourself back from your obsession.

Do things as you dang well feel like it. Spend cash judiciously. WAIT until you can afford it to craft that awesome all-augment critterd orange gear outfit. Spread your purchases out, spread your dang gameplay out, until you're sane again.

I mean, what is WITH this credit card, no-money-down variable rate 30 year mortgage generation?

Edited by Lheim

W If ever I feel like logging in to do some dailies is work.. y'know what? I don't do it.

That's exactly what dailies feel like now. Unfortunately, even if you only want to PvP, you still must earn enough credits to be able to do important stuff like armor tweaks/upgrades. At least before patch 1.2, PvE progression offered some benefit in PvP, now it's just about the credits to afford the crazy economy.

Edited by ShadowAxx

That's exactly what dailies feel like now. Unfortunately, even if you only want to PvP, you still must earn enough credits to be able to do important stuff like armor tweaks/upgrades. At least before patch 1.2, PvE progression offered some benefit in PvP, now it's just about the credits to afford the crazy economy.

If you do edible chunks of gameplay - 20 minutes a day, set some crafting going and list that, do 3/4 dailies, you will make money. You can even do different dailies each day, or a warzone or two, or a space mission, or a flash point, or etc etc etc. If you can't motivate yourself to play for 20 minutes in a day without purchasing yet another shipboard mailbox type perk..

Don't talk to me like you have to do it all, every day.

Edited by Lheim

I have.

Let's say you have full black hole gear... 7 pieces worth. Each mod costs about 44k to remove... 3 mods per piece except for the belt and bracers, which is 2 per piece. That's 19 mods to remove. 19 times 44k is 836,000. That's assuming you have pulled mods out of black hole gear and put it in orange bracers and belt, which you now want to remove.

So to remove all your black hole mods and put in new gear is 836,000. Now let's assume you want to put those into gear that is already full of black hole gear and you need to remove them... that's another 836,000. So this absurd example would cost 1,672,000... still well short of your 2 million.

My previous post stands.

lol this is win

You mean, back in the 80's when every single video game in existence involved near-mindless repetitive gameplay? Where, if you wanted to find Zelda you had to explore a pretty big map without even a single hint about *** was going on or where you needed to go or what you needed to do? When in order to save the princess you had to mindlessly stop on goombas and turtles until you were sick of them in levels that looked almost exactly the same? When for some games the only reward you could hope for was ever-increasing difficulty until you finally died?

IF you went back and told some kid about this game, the response you would get is:

"You mean to tell me that the game has spaceship battles, rpg elements, I get to make stuff, I get to make multiple characters that each have totally different abilities, I get to not only choose my character's appearance but ALSO put stuff on him/her later that can change how they look, and I can do this with a couple hundred other people, or more, all playing at the same time? And you're COMPLAINING because you have to do something tedious? Here, take this controller, I'll show you tedious *plugs in the cartridge for Donkey Kong*".

Ummm yeah.....I've gotta concur here.

Everything in this game is to expensive.

Okay, I have to know. What MMO are you coming from to think that everything is too expensive. I would actually prefer everything to be raised in price. Stop being lazy and start working for something you want.

Stop being lazy and start working for something you want.

That is just it. A game is not work and playing it is lazy by definition. A game is meant to be fun, dailies are not. Either the prices needs to be lowered or Bioware need to introduce a more fun way to gain credits - or at least grant people alternatives that range further than crafting and dailies.

That is just it. A game is not work and playing it is lazy by definition. A game is meant to be fun, dailies are not. Either the prices needs to be lowered or Bioware need to introduce a more fun way to gain credits - or at least grant people alternatives that range further than crafting and dailies.

Crafting, Dailies, Warzones, Ship missions, uncompleted missions, Flashpoints, Ops, etc. (I am sure there are more) Which one of these are you not doing to not be rolling in dough?

Ok for the last time here is the break down for all the ppl bad in math who say its not almost 2mil.

"800k to remove your mods. 200k EACH for augmented orange gear that you like the look of = 1.8mill almost 2 mill just as I said. So every time I want to change the look of my toon it will cost me almost 2 mil. I dont know about you ppl but I like to change the look of my toon from time to time and I do not want to pay almost 2 mill every time to do it. It was free to change your appearance in swg its still free in everquest 2 and other games. Everything in this game has a ridiculous price tag. I will prob never buy any of the legacy items. I don't think fluff is worth millions of credits."

What I don't understand is why there are so many ppl who love to pay this apparently. I seriously cant believe there are lots of ppl defending paying almost 2 mill....lol I personally think its the ppl who don't work or live in their moms basement and can play all day. Allot of us work and can not spend 3-4 hours a day grinding. And grinding to do something as simple as change your appearance.

'

800k to remove your mods. 200k EACH for augmented orange gear that you like the look of = 1.8mill almost 2 mill just as I said. So every time I want to change the look of my toon it will cost me almost 2 mil.

If you change your gear as often as I am assuming you are doing, why not just obtain multiple copies of these augments and have your different gear already geared when you want to change than paying every time to un-mod?

All MMOs reward those who put in more time. Have you considered that a different genre of game might be a better fit for you?

Ok for the last time here is the break down for all the ppl bad in math who say its not almost 2mil.

"800k to remove your mods. 200k EACH for augmented orange gear that you like the look of = 1.8mill almost 2 mill just as I said. So every time I want to change the look of my toon it will cost me almost 2 mil. I dont know about you ppl but I like to change the look of my toon from time to time and I do not want to pay almost 2 mill every time to do it. It was free to change your appearance in swg its still free in everquest 2 and other games. Everything in this game has a ridiculous price tag. I will prob never buy any of the legacy items. I don't think fluff is worth millions of credits."

What I don't understand is why there are so many ppl who love to pay this apparently. I seriously cant believe there are lots of ppl defending paying almost 2 mill....lol I personally think its the ppl who don't work or live in their moms basement and can play all day. Allot of us work and can not spend 3-4 hours a day grinding. And grinding to do something as simple as change your appearance.

'

Edited by Tiergan_Manasa

Crafting, Dailies, Warzones, Ship missions, uncompleted missions, Flashpoints, Ops, etc. (I am sure there are more) Which one of these are you not doing to not be rolling in dough?

As I said, dailies and crafting. FP and Ops are not a sustainable source of income compared to dailies and crafting. I never do PvP so cannot say about that. Ship missions are cool. The point of my post stands: This is not work. It is a game.

As I said, dailies and crafting. FP and Ops are not a sustainable source of income compared to dailies and crafting. I never do PvP so cannot say about that. Ship missions are cool. The point of my post stands: This is not work. It is a game.

Then do not play any video games. Simple as that. Every single video game requires you to put in time to fully enjoy it. If you do not want to put in time, do not play them.

Then do not play any video games. Simple as that. Every single video game requires you to put in time to fully enjoy it. If you do not want to put in time, do not play them.

I don't get you. I say I want to have fun in a game then you conclude I should not play video games? That is preposterous. Video games are entertainment, they are not work. They are made to be fun - to entertain you. Dailies are more boring than watching paint dry. I can come up with a long, long list of video games that requires no dailies and no grind whatsoever - games that are consistently fun.

Not every game is quite so expensive though. I honestly don't mind spending some time making money, up to a certain point, but for things to cost millions is a bit much. It crosses the line from fun to mindless repetitive work.

I work long hours to make ends meet in real life, I don't want to do the same thing in my digital life. And I believe games are meant to be a fun activity that helps you forget real life for a while. I'm sure there are people that find grinding the same content over and over and over to make money fun. I dont mind grinding alts to increase legacy level, but then having to grind credits to pay for the stuff your original grind unlocks is not fun. It's a timesink too many.

Regardless, I don't see prices going down, so meh.

I do not like doing daily grinds either. Did them in WoW and will never again. That does not mean I can not get the stuff you claim to not be able to. Getting 1 million credits is not a chore. I had that on my first character before I hit 40. The fact that stuff in this game, and any MMO for that matter, costs so much is because it is an MMO. This is not a game you are ment to play for a month or two and put down. This is a persistent world that you will be playing for a year plus, assuming you stay. If by the end of that first year you still do not have 1 million credits, you are doing something wrong. These items and legacy features are not ment to be things you acquire in a week. They are ment to be things that take you a few weeks or months to obtain. This is why there is no argument. If you are tired of grinding to get money to buy something, stop grinding for it. Just play the game and buy it when you eventually do get the money. If you want it right now, then grind and stop complaining. Edited by Kemosobe

I do not like doing daily grinds either. Did them in WoW and will never again. That does not mean I can not get the stuff you claim to not be able to. Getting 1 million credits is not a chore. I had that on my first character before I hit 40. The fact that stuff in this game, and any MMO for that matter, costs so much is because it is an MMO. This is not a game you are ment to play for a month or two and put down. This is a persistent world that you will be playing for a year plus, assuming you stay. If by the end of that first year you still do not have 1 million credits, you are doing something wrong. These items and legacy features are not ment to be things you acquire in a week. They are ment to be things that take you a few weeks or months to obtain. This is why there is no argument. If you are trying to grind to get money to buy something, stop grinding for it. Just play the game and buy it when you eventually do get the money. If you want it right now, then grind and stop complaining.

I'm well aware of what an mmo is about. Like i said, i dont mind grinding. I'm also well aware that you play an mmo over time, that not everything is available to you the day its released. This mmo is the most expensive I've played. By far. Making a million before you get to lvl 40 is not the norm, I can assure you of that.

And I'm not complaining, I'm stating a fact. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if the prices stay this high. Sure, I don't like it, but that's the way it is. I can live with it, or choose not to, but anyone who says it's not any more expensive than other games clearly hasn't played many.

I'm well aware of what an mmo is about. Like i said, i dont mind grinding. I'm also well aware that you play an mmo over time, that not everything is available to you the day its released. This mmo is the most expensive I've played. By far. Making a million before you get to lvl 40 is not the norm, I can assure you of that.

And I'm not complaining, I'm stating a fact. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if the prices stay this high. Sure, I don't like it, but that's the way it is. I can live with it, or choose not to, but anyone who says it's not any more expensive than other games clearly hasn't played many.

Was not aiming at you since you said you accept them. And I do not understand how that wasn't the norm when I did nothing special but do my missions and play the game. Even my friends were griping at how easy it is to get money in this game. The only other game I have played where stuff cost so much less compared to the amount of money you obtain is WoW. Every other MMO I have played, you have to work just as hard as this game if not harder.

I find it hysterical that there are soo many fools not only happy to give away their credits but insist on it......lol I guess the old saying is true "a fool and his money are easily parted".

If you are trying to compare this to real life money, I have been called a Jew (jokingly) several times by friends because of how stingy I am with my money. I am the same way in games. Simply because I have 6 million credits does not mean I will easily spend 5,000 of it on extensions for my item bag.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.