Sith Pureblood Masks Should Be Visible.

Thraze

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sith pureblood here, missing his rebreathers. How can removing assets from showing at all be a valid solution, when people can just hide the masks anyway if the clipping bothers them, I cannot understand.

Hell, why not just make my cropped hair invisible at all times simply because it clips with the neck when I run forward? Sure, I dislike the clipping, but I damn well want to have my hair on!

But I can't really be complaining all that much - all we're missing are rebreathers. The poor Twi'leks seem to be missing almost the whole gamut of headgear, which is a damn shame.

In the end, my view is that we're adults and that we can handle a bit of suspension of disbelief due to clipping, and refuse to believe that this is a "feature".

Support the Twi'lek in their quest to free their lekku here.

Yeah, I'm already being hyperbolic and passive-aggressive in that thread to see if Bioware gets attracted to that. They won't, obviously, because they don't care about Purebloods, Twi'leks and Miraluka (which has been quite obviously demonstrated with the refusal to address these graphical issues) and want to remove them from the game (the only logical conclusion given that Bioware are making certain bits of content inaccessible or ridiculous to these species).

Ideally we should have a single thread for all the issues, but Bioware won't even read one of the current threads, I doubt they'd read a large one with a lot of signatures and disgruntled customers.

Everyone should really ask about this in the Q&A each weak until they at least address it.

Something like:

• Why did you remove the showing of certain head gear with certain species? Are there any plans to return those head gear graphics? Why did you not just allow us the option to hide headgear until you get around to providing a more elegant/permanent solution? And why is the voice modulation still activated on the head gears that your wont allow us to show?

Yeah i think we really do need to take this campaign to the Q and A thread too. Otherwise Bioware will only ever skim this suggestion box thread, and if it isnt on the 1st page at the time they skim it, it'll just get overlooked.

Everyone should really ask about this in the Q&A each weak until they at least address it.

Something like:

• Why did you remove the showing of certain head gear with certain species? Are there any plans to return those head gear graphics? Why did you not just allow us the option to hide headgear until you get around to providing a more elegant/permanent solution? And why is the voice modulation still activated on the head gears that your wont allow us to show?

This is a fine idea. I'll be posting.

I won't let this thread die.

It's an extremely lame cop out to say "working as intended" by removing a feature that worked before.

WE HAVE A HIDE HELMET OPTION FOR THOSE WHO HATE CLIPPING MORE!

I logged in today without reading the patch notes. My my heart skipped three beats when I noticed that my pureblood juggy was wearing his rebreather again! Thank you bioware!! You have always listened to my feedback. You're not perfect, but I never asked you to be perfect. I really get the impression you give a sh** about your fans.

I've noticed other masks still don't show up for purebloods. The Bounty Hunter's "Mercenary's Helmet" for one. The Rakghoul plague event helmet doesn't show up either, though in all fairness that never showed up for me. As with other people in this thread I find these changes to be idiotic and would like it to be reverted so that I can actually see what my character is wearing.

As fascinating as the ability to effectively 'deactivate' my character's hair may be it really isn't a novelty worthy of losing access to helmets that should be visible.

Like others have said - hide helmet is there for a reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm...working as intended?

I noticed this recently when I attempted to equip the Civilian Pilot Helmet on my Sith Pureblood female. This character model has no facial protrusions except a slight brow ridge, and she has a basic hairstyle. However, equipping the Civilian Pilot Helmet displays no graphic and merely removes her hairdo!

I bugged it, but even if it were working as intended (minus the missing hair, of course, which is clearly unintended), I see no reason whatsoever they can't make this item display on my character's head.

I agree with others in this thread who have said that if they don't like the look of a helmet because of clipping, one can always hide the head slot. It's kind of annoying that that decision was made for me.

Edited by thewatcheruatu

• 1 year later...
I think BW should create a range of Head Sizes, so helmets and hoods can be moved up to an appropriately larger size than the player's head, depending on species. This way we can have slightly larger helmets, which wouldn't be annoying if done well, and any extremities can be more easily covered and free from clipping.