The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My server is dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

As shocking as it is, he is. I could name the company that he worked for as well, but I won't. A few minutes with Google confirmed his experience.

Of course you wont. Also noone on the internet ever lies to bolster their position right? :rolleyes:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord praven server.

This last week after the plague, my server has died. Going from a nomal 150 - 175 on the fleet to 50 on a saturday night. Two groups running pvp, thats it.

Server transfers must happen soon I think before its too late. Too many servers not enough people.

Do something bioware.

I second that Lord Praven is dying faster than frog in a blender !

The number of servers is too many. We need the transfers today, or tomorrow at the latest !!

Edited by Moopah

Lord praven server.

This last week after the plague, my server has died. Going from a nomal 150 - 175 on the fleet to 50 on a saturday night. Two groups running pvp, thats it.

Server transfers must happen soon I think before its too late. Too many servers not enough people.

Do something bioware.

nope, your not dead yet.

my server had about 15 in fleet and no warzones running at 1030 eastern tonight, a saturday. thats dead.

so enjoy those warzones while you can!

Funny thing is....is we wouldnt all be in the forums ************ if this wasnt such a big issue. Honestly I'd rather be playing as my weekends and late nights are the only time to play games...(once the family goes to bed).

Just when I log in currently to Black Vulkas , there is currentyly like 9 ppl max on republic fleet... how the hell can I play ???? BW is getting a lot of bad bad bad PR right now... totally serves them right.

nope, your not dead yet.

my server had about 15 in fleet and no warzones running at 1030 eastern tonight, a saturday. thats dead.

so enjoy those warzones while you can!

hey you must be on my server..talos restoraton project...i logged about an hour ago and there were 7 people on fleet,67 total on imp side ,whole server

hey you must be on my server..talos restoraton project...i logged about an hour ago and there were 7 people on fleet,67 total on imp side ,whole server

So 67 people just on one faction is bad? Whats wrong with that?

so say the server was balanced,which its not ,imps rule the server...that would mean 134 people total on the whole server,yes that is horrible.134 people spread between 2 factions and multiple different planets,isnt an mmo. why would you even ask this? do you work for bioware? all you do is defend this dying game,when everyone else is seeing it as it is.

What exactly would you have me google? I can claim to be anyone I want. I am the pope google me see I am telling the truth.

I am not going to post someone's identity on these forums. You sit here and claim that those of us who say we're developers are fabricating lies to further our own agenda. I am telling you that at least in one prominent case, this is not true, for I was able to validate his claims through research. Your baiting me into revealing personal details of a forum user will not work.

It's is a rather simple process. For example, if you Google my user name, it shouldn't take you more than 5-minutes to come up with my full name, address, the company I used to work for, etc...

I'm just getting sick and tired of you jumping in this thread and accusing anyone with a shred of credibility to be an outright liar.

I'm just getting sick and tired of you jumping in this thread and accusing anyone with a shred of credibility to be an outright liar.

dont worry we are all sick of him,he knows absolutley nothing about anything. i dont even think he plays this game,hes always on the forums. he actually believes 67 people is a good population for a server...that right there should tell you not to worry about what he says.

So in past posts you have claimed to play all kinds of mmos for years, i find that extremely hard to believe after you posted that. I think bioware must have started even outsourcing their paid forum trolls to india, they sure arent getting their monies worth right now.

So in past posts you have claimed to play all kinds of mmos for years, i find that extremely hard to believe after you posted that. I think bioware must have started even outsourcing their paid forum trolls to india, they sure arent getting their monies worth right now.

i was thinking the same thing,he has no idea what he is talking about,must be an employee of bioware,because no-one would think his statements are right.

They did our transfers manually, and it took them a whole week just to transfer Oceanic players onto three servers. Keep that solemn fact in mind when you consider the scale of your current proposal.

There's a lot of servers out there with less than 500 total people. A week or not it needs to happen ASAP.

Everyone demanding character transfers ASAP should remember that we got into this mess because BW listened to everyone at launch screaming that we needed MORE servers or the game was doooomed.

Because clearly they are the same people. :rolleyes: Sorry but queues not popping at all until the afternoon or whatever is unacceptable.

Of course you wont. Also noone on the internet ever lies to bolster their position right? :rolleyes:

And no one out of the 200k subscribers for this game could possibly have ever worked for a software company or filled one of the hundreds of thousands of game dev positions across the world.

Some of you need to learn how programming and businesses work before you throw tantrums. I am sure part of the queries are already complete. Since they had to do it manually, they probably had to fill in part of the queries by hand and execute it.

Just because part (even if all) of the SQL is finished, you still need to build some sort of interface to interact with it.

To launch and take on 200,000 subscriptions without the ability to move or restore players between servers is absurd. It'd be the equivalent of putting a thousand people onto a plane with only one engine. We're six months into production launch - millions of dollars has changed hands - and this sort of incompetence is unacceptable. If this was managed by a team in any other industry that team would've been long fired for failure to manage risk and use common sense on a project entailing such a massive amount of money.

Reality is, it's a lot more logical to think they're figuring out what they want to do rather than how to do it. To think otherwise would be to assume some serious incompetence.

Edited by dcgregorya

There are too many US servers total and most are low pop at any given time. IMO they should do FORCED server merges of the lowest populated servers and put those people into another server based on the type pvp, pve, rp ect. They can still do the voluntary server transfers but I still think there's just too many servers and they need to get rid of a few.

My server, Chuundar (EU) is dying aswell. You can't even warzone or raid in weekends anymore. We only face the same 8 man republic group whenever a warzone pops up, and when they decide to log out, it's over with warzones for the entire day.

We have roughly 10-20 players on the fleet at prime time, it is absolutely baffling.

My entire guild is thinking of quitting and moving to a different game. We aren't going to PAY for transfers, and if the free transfers ( merges ) aren't going to suffice we already made a backup plan.

Let me remind you bioware, some other big mmo's are releasing soon. Every day you stall your stupid merges the servers die more and more. Every day you postpone cross server PvP, and patch 1.3, you will have drops in subs.

I don't care what you say on paper, people quit everywhere around me. I've got about 6 friends that are still playing untill the 30 free days run out.

Something needs to be done ASAP. I am sick and *********** tired of having to queue 15-20 minutes between warzones, and then hoping to get in as there's 20 imps and 10 reps queueing.

My biggest question now is how long does this post have to get before we get an updated reply from BW on the situation? People want REAL information and a REAL timeframe. The vague "early summer" timeframe is slap in the face for people who've been sucking it up for the last 2-3 months on dying servers. There's too much speculation and too little factual information to actually work with that it's mind boggling.

The conditions on my server, personally are getting worse (I had no idea that was even possible):

So last night, we had 1, yeah 1, warzone queue pop up around 11pm est. One... All day. On a Saturday. Before last night I hadn't gotten one since Thursday, which actually for whatever reason had about 5 games. Before that was several days of 1 or 2 per night.

Most people I saw logged on, both sides together was around 200 last night.