Trying something new......7/3/31

After playing the cookie cutter 3/7/31 spec and getting frustrated (this is the best we have?!?!), I decided to play around with some other specs.

Now, first off, I primarily PvP. I am valor rank 75 and come from a background of DAOC and WAR style PvP/RvR (so I do like to think of myself as fairly situationaly aware and skilled in run n' gun/kiting/etc).

As I said, I toyed around with some other specs but tried a 7/3/31 spec......7 (SD/HP/FS), 3 (EI), 31 (normal Madness build...nothing in SD, OF, CF ). I have been VERY surprised with the results. I actually put out more dmg than the 3/7/31 build. Of course, this spec is all about constantly throwing out your AOE (due to FS) and in between that, I am constantly moving and tab dotting anyone nearby.

It's a very mobile spec and what I would consider, very much a great damage support spec. Let's face it....we do not have a great 1v1 spec....unless you listen the people claiming "well if this star aligns with this star and ALL of your cooldowns are up and ready and your opponent got something in their eye, you might win 8 out of 10" who seem to think sorcs are still ungodly in 1v1 (denial). From this standpoint, I do not think about "what can I do 1v1", I look at what can I do against the ENTIRE other team and help our side win.....and it usually works well....top dmg, kills and medals.

Anyways...just trying to throw out another one for folks to consider.

I have been doing Ok with the Hybrid 1/12/28 and force isnt usually an issue . Curious if this build

is force starved? Also, I would assume you do the affliction/ FL/Wrath/DF/CD Rot with this also ..while

throwing out some shocks etc...

Edited by Unao

I have been doing Ok with the Hybrid 1/12/28 and force isnt usually an issue . Curious if this build

is force starved? Also, I would assume you do the affliction/ FL/Wrath/DF/CD Rot with this also ..while

throwing out some shocks etc...

Actually no force issues....unless I am not dying in a WZ and have to seethe (haha).

But yes, throw deathfield and follow with tab affiliction on everyone while moving around a lot.....throw Creeping if it is up too. (if I have time to sit and turret, I will throw Force Storm down and follow it with a DF towards end and start my dots....sometimes, I can sit and throw another storm after it.....I do this when I see the other team clumping a lot). I will stop when safe to throw out lots of FL to get Wrath up to throw a Crushing while moving (nice!)....and yes, I throw out shock (LS if wrath us up...again, nice instant) as needed too (ie if target is near death and dont need a dot to do it..ie. if instant will kill them).

I move a LOT!....Many folks have learned to look for me, so I get chased around. haha

Edited by SilencingMchine