Is the Rakghoul Plague event still on??

Falcyndark

I spent an hour running around Tatooine and went to Wreck of the Stardream and did not get any daily. I asked in General and of course with only 5 people on the planet it took a while to get any answer. I finally whispered a 50 on the republic fleet and they said it was over.

There is no mention on the main SWTOR that the event is over if it is. Could some one throw me a bone here? :)

Thanks.

I spent an hour running around Tatooine and went to Wreck of the Stardream and did not get any daily. I asked in General and of course with only 5 people on the planet it took a while to get any answer. I finally whispered a 50 on the republic fleet and they said it was over.

There is no mention on the main SWTOR that the event is over if it is. Could some one throw me a bone here? :)

Thanks.

Its over since the 24th of april. The plague is still arround though its passed from ppl to ppl. But the dailys yeah they are no more, as well the jawa vendor. at least for now, im sure we will see some folow up later on.

Why should I expect any different from this game of sadness....

You would think that in the media section posted 4.18.2012 that the Rakghoul Plague would maybe have a note at the top saying it was a limited time world event running from start date to end date. People should not have to search a forum, or dev tracker comments <--- I mean really who does that.

Note to SWTOR if you put up a schmancy video maybe make a note if its in the game all of the time or just a timed event. I guess I will look up to see if the conflict thing is still on or not too before I go and check that out.

Oh well,,, maybe I will run a flashpoint.. but wait ... with a total of 4 to 8 50's on at one time on my server that probably wont happen either.

aarrrrrrgh..... Sorry for the rant..

You would think that in the media section posted 4.18.2012 that the Rakghoul Plague would maybe have a note at the top saying it was a limited time world event running from start date to end date. People should not have to search a forum, or dev tracker comments <--- I mean really who does that.

Note to SWTOR if you put up a schmancy video maybe make a note if its in the game all of the time or just a timed event. I guess I will look up to see if the conflict thing is still on or not too before I go and check that out.

Oh well,,, maybe I will run a flashpoint.. but wait ... with a total of 4 to 8 50's on at one time on my server that probably wont happen either.

I thought your original post was sincere until you posted this...now I believe you're just trolling. You knew all along when the event ended. Admit it.

I thought your original post was sincere until you posted this...now I believe you're just trolling. You knew all along when the event ended. Admit it.

No it was sincere. If you read my last post about SWTOR having the Rakghoul plague in the media section (which it still is with updates as of 4.23 ). The other rants are legit and before you judge the last line says sorry for the rant... Not a troll here just someone who is not happy with the game.

Before I log on tonight I will search the forums or the dev tracker posts (as I have sooo much time in my life to do that) and see if the "Operation: Explosive Conflict" is in fact still on or just an event.

The rant was simple. If you advertise something then explain when something starts and when something stops. That's all.

Edited by Sireene
use of retarded - PM'd

This is a MMO... if you are playing a MMO and not following the forums, you will miss stuff. This is how every MMO has worked for a long while. You are already on the internet, you are already in the game, and clearly your checking the forum.

Take 2 seconds and check the dev tracker. The information on when this event was ending was everywhere.

Not to mention it was a world event. Common sense tells you it will end, and if you thought otherwise, welcome to your first MMO. And if you know it is going to end, and you do nothing to figure out when it is going to end... well you have no one to blame but yourself.

Not to mention you are looking to do the event a week after it ended screams you did not give a damn about it. So why do you care now?

This is a MMO... if you are playing a MMO and not following the forums, you will miss stuff. This is how every MMO has worked for a long while. You are already on the internet, you are already in the game, and clearly your checking the forum.

Take 2 seconds and check the dev tracker. The information on when this event was ending was everywhere.

Not to mention it was a world event. Common sense tells you it will end, and if you thought otherwise, welcome to your first MMO. And if you know it is going to end, and you do nothing to figure out when it is going to end... well you have no one to blame but yourself.

Not to mention you are looking to do the event a week after it ended screams you did not give a damn about it. So why do you care now?

No, he's right. I took a 3 week break, then when I come back, the entire website has changed & I missed the first world event. What a pile of crap. I payed extra for CE, payed for 6 months in advance, plus I've been playing since early access, so I was honestly starting to get sick of it. Now irritated even more. We should have received emails about this and where is the Dev Tracker? 'Here's a free month, sorry we suck.' pff...

Edit: ...and having to check a forum for in-game details is a crock as well. I don't go to the supermarket to check my bank account or go to Facebook to check my email. Howabout an in-game mail? Would that make too much sense? Notice in advance would have been ideal, but we're not civil enough to treat our customers like people, they get ranked & shunned. At this point, I do not plan to renew my subscription. It's already over.

Edited by Jandrik_Xun

Yeah, same thing happened to me :( saved up about 100 tokens, went on a trip for a week, came back and the event was over before I could spend them. There really should be a world event vendor who sells all current/past world event rewards so that bums like me who saved up tokens can still spend them :rolleyes:

Reading a couple of posts in this thread makes me wonder why anyone willingly makes video games. Gamers are some of the whiniest, entitled people on the planet and nothing any developer does will ever please all of them. The event ended, there was information on the forums that stated it was going to end, the real world still exists and the sky is in its normal place, despite what some of the chicken littles might think.