Possible to MIx Darkness and Deception?

Beemerchick

I just started an Assassin, having barely gotten him off Korriban. I pulled up a skill calculator to get a rough idea of what I want to do with my points, and (at first glance) I found myself mixing Darkness (17) and Deception (22). (The last 2 points are in Madness to reduce damage taken by 2%.)

Just about every build I've seen for any class has some mix of trees, but focuses on one tree more than others. (My other characters are focused like that.) Which is why I am posting this question. Is it possible to mix the trees almost equally and not come up with a jumbled mess?

I took Assassin because I wanted to play with the stealth mechanic. I already have an Imperial-side tank (BH Powertech), so do not want to play my Assassin as a tank. It just seems like the Darkness tree has a lot of skills that would be useful for any melee character. At the same time (and at first glance), I am not drawn to the highest levels of the Deception tree. (I originally had more points in that tree, but removed some to shift to Darkness.)

It would help if you link your build idea. No one can comment without first taking a look at your build.

That being said, the likelihood of it being useful is pretty slim. The trees are now designed in a way that being a hybrid is a pretty poor life choice.

• 2 weeks later...