The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Someone explain the LFG tool hate?

Perfidius

By huge i mean that you could buy everyone that plays wow a new computer for the money it took to make swtor. Devs who were put in charge of an mmo like that should be experts in the mmo field, and if they werent they should have made themselves experts in the 8 years it took to make the game.

So much truth in this post, there really isn't any need for more debate.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 months in and TOR loses 25% and most of them are CASUALS.

This is a statement EA made in attempt to save face.

The fact of the matter is anyone still playing this game on a regular basis IS casual and anyone who had hoped SWTOR would end up a deep challenging mmo is long gone.

Edited by Vlaxitov

This is a statement EA made in attempt to save face.

The fact of the matter is anyone still playing this game on a regular basis IS casual and anyone who had hoped SWTOR would end up a deep challenging mmo is long gone.

How do they save face from admitting they lost the player base that is the easiest to please? Further down in the article they mentioned that the casuals that left are Game Hoppers - that's where EA is saving face and their jobs.

Just an example of why they need to get x-server lfg tool and incentives to do Fps. I hve 2 level 50's both in full rakata, and ive never set foot in the new fp(cant even rememebr the name of it) because there is no reason for me to go there and it would have to be somethign pretty good for me to lfg for two hours or beg my guild to go with me.

How do they save face from admitting they lost the player base that is the easiest to please? Further down in the article they mentioned that the casuals that left are Game Hoppers - that's where EA is saving face and their jobs.

This just isn't true. Hardcore gamers are MMO hoppers for years now because there hasn't been a mmo maker in years that hasen't dropped the ball. So hardcore gamers are still searching for a game that is deep and satisfying to play hence the hopping.

EA resorted to name calling to justify their failings and at the same time made plain that they don't even understand what hardcore gamer is.

Edited by Vlaxitov

This just isn't true. Hardcore gamers are MMO hoppers for years now because there hasn't been a mmo maker in years that hasen't dropped the ball. So hardcore gamers are still searching for a game that is deep and satisfying to play hence the hopping.

EA resorted to name calling to justify their failings and at the same time made plain that they don't even understand what hardcore gamer is.

I agree with you. BW/EA had to put a spin on the loss of casuals. Game Hoppers is a poor one because it's usually the Hardcore players that do that.

This guy I've quoted makes a passive agressive accusation such as "who needs facts when you have blind opnion!" then goes on to engage in the same exact behavior declaring his opinions as fact.

I got bored with SWTOR's repetitive content.

I wan't some link or some sort of proof substantiating your claim that any percentage of players that SWTOR "losted" was due to the content being inaccessable and not shallow & repetitive.

I'd say if anything that the inaccessibility of this game keeps people from realizing how shallow & repetitive the game is at the end and keeps people subbed due to that. The reason for the inaccessibility is that the people who made it further got to see the travesty it is at the end hence aren't in game and LFG.

Actually I think you'll find my comment wasn't throwing itself as a fact, but saying that a few people have stated their reasons as such. Want proof? Look around the forums.

Actually I think you'll find my comment wasn't throwing itself as a fact, but saying that a few people have stated their reasons as such. Want proof? Look around the forums.

Your comment was just as assertive as the guy you accused.

You're submitting a handfull of forum whiners as evidence that a chunk of the 25% lost subs was due to inaccessibility?

I think were done here.

Your comment was just as assertive as the guy you accused.

You're submitting a handfull of forum whiners as evidence that a chunk of the 25% lost subs was due to inaccessibility?

I think were done here.

I think his point was you don't need any more proof, just open your eyes.

I agree with you. BW/EA had to put a spin on the loss of casuals. Game Hoppers is a poor one because it's usually the Hardcore players that do that.

They didn't lose the "casual players" aka people who don't play often or have very limited time. Those people haven't beaten the pants off this game and still have something to do.

In the meantime they alienate their actual current playerbase by saying something tantamount to "if you didn't like our game, then you must be too casual."

I think his point was you don't need any more proof, just open your eyes.

No no, it couldn't be that people beat their game and go bored with it.

Those 25-50 people complaining about inaccessibility account for a big portion of the 25% subs lost.

How about open your eyes.

No no, it couldn't be that people beat their game and go bored with it.

Those 25-50 people complaining about inaccessibility account for a big portion of the 25% subs lost.

How about open your eyes.

Please learn to read before throwing accusations. I said A FEW PEOPLE had cited this as their reason.

Not all.

Not most.

A Few.

Which was along with my point that lack of LFG was a contributing factor not the only reason.

Ok?

Please learn to read before throwing accusations. I said A FEW PEOPLE had cited this as their reason.

Not all.

Not most.

A Few.

Which was along with my point that lack of LFG was a contributing factor not the only reason.

Ok?

First of all you laid it out as a straight up counter assertion and now are backpeddling aka clarifying what you've already said. Secondly, No I can't even agree with that man. If this game was good enough there would be so many people clamoring for a group to play with that you wouldn't feel like you need a LFG tool.

I stand by every word I said about the people who made it to the end first not being around anymore hence the problem finding groups.

Edited by Vlaxitov

First of all you laid it out as a straight up counter assertion and now are backpeddling aka clarifying what you've already said. Secondly, No I can't even agree with that man. If this game was good enough there would be so many people clamoring for a group to play with that you wouldn't feel like you need a LFG tool.

I stand by every word I said about the people who made it to the end first not being around anymore hence the problem finding groups.

I can see there's absolutely no chance of a reasonable conversation with you, you've decided I said something else and refuse to take notice of what's blatantly in front of your face.

I am not backpeddling, feel free to go back and read properly what I had said. Might wanna remove your head out of somewhere first though so you can see the screen clearly.

The reason for the lost of most subs (IMO) is the lack of a good LFG matchmaking system from the start, once the system is in play most will return because of it. Right now finding players to group (mostly for flashpoints) with is not very easy or time costly.

By huge i mean that you could buy everyone that plays wow a new computer for the money it took to make swtor. Devs who were put in charge of an mmo like that should be experts in the mmo field, and if they werent they should have made themselves experts in the 8 years it took to make the game.

That would be sort of a crummy computer at $30 per. The game was ~$300M. WoW has ~10M subscribers.

You could pay everyone's WoW subscription for 2 months with the money BioWare spent making this game.

Or you could buy everyone who plays WoW half a tank of gas...

Or a decent bottle of wine...

Or a trip for the player and a date (can a WoW player GET a date??) to a movie...

EDIT: But they'd probably just rather keep right on queueing up for their X-LFG or X-LFR to see some group content, get loot, and embrace their inner epeen.

Edited by DarthTHC

That would be sort of a crummy computer at $30 per. The game was ~$300M. WoW has ~10M subscribers.

You could pay everyone's WoW subscription for 2 months with the money BioWare spent making this game.

Or you could buy everyone who plays WoW half a tank of gas...

Or a decent bottle of wine...

Or a trip for the player and a date (can a WoW player GET a date??) to a movie...

EDIT: But they'd probably just rather keep right on queueing up for their X-LFG or X-LFR to see some group content, get loot, and embrace their inner epeen.

I personaly think Blizzard should rename their game to World of Lootcraft

World of Scrubsiders is more like it

It has to be horrible. It's successful. And we all know that success is bad, amirite?

Same logic: Warren Buffet is one of the worst investors in the world, right?

Wait, who?

Or ThankYouAllForThe$150,000,000PerMonthPleaseEnjoyKungFuPandaPokemon!

Or is that too long to fit on the box?

Hey now. Don't be dissing on my Panda. I already have a name saved - Pandapoo. People may deny it, but Blizz will get a lot of subs from their new expansion - they always do. How many will they lose the months to follow it's release? We'll see.