rocket punch 1k to 5k

grenade 2k to 8k.

More like cut those numbers in half.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 classes that will melt-burst you in high-end PVP gear are Pyrotechs and Snipers.

and sorcs have it the worst by far. i am in 1100 expertise and regularly have them do 60% of my health in 2 attacks. it is unhealable and uncounterable dmg, but i guess that is the world that we live in.

Pyros just do their railshot/thermal detonator and if stacked at the same time, thats back to back 4k-5k crits which is at least 50% of my health.

as for snipers, they have like snipe or ambush, i dunno sniper that well, but with follow-through it is back to back 3.5k/4.5k on light armor sorcs. which is also unrecoverable dmg in almost all situations.

I have full bm gear and the highest my detonator and rail shot ever crit is around 4k. The other day I got a detonator/rail shot double crit for like 3300/4100 and was pretty pumped. I was like, Whoa! look at the big numbers! So the idea that we're running around putting out that damage all the time is ridiculous.

we do good sustained damage, but anyone can kill us. we get a 15% heal that takes 10 seconds, and 25% damage redux for 12 seconds. if you were to give us something like a 99% damage redux and in combat stealth that would be pretty OP.

+1

It is very easy to kill a pyrotech even if he has a heavy armor which reduces damage by 30% (for a marau, it 's 25%...).

I give you my 5% extra armor against a 5 s god mod or a stealth.

Watch my linked PvP vid above. 750k in a match, next closest person was around 250k. I'm a dirty fighting gunslinger and I go up against him all the time. If I put out 550k dmg a match, he'll put out 750k damage in the same match even if the game is a stale mate and he dies more than me. Edited by DimeStax

Watch my linked PvP vid above. 750k in a match, next closest person was around 250k. I'm a dirty fighting gunslinger and I go up against him all the time. If I put out 550k dmg a match, he'll put out 750k damage in the same match even if the game is a stale mate and he dies more than me.

I only got to watch a little bit of it, because I'm at work, but the thing I noticed right away is he has a pocket healer who's completely focusing on only him :p (He might even have 2 healers, I wasn't able to see).

Voidstar is an amazing map for powertechs because we have a lot of AOE, throw in a pocket healer and that's going to be a wrecking ball always. I know on my PT I can hit 400k without a pocket healer. My record being something like 500k. There's no down PTs do a lot of damage, especially if they have someone watching their back to compensate for how squishy they are.

Watch my linked PvP vid above. 750k in a match, next closest person was around 250k. I'm a dirty fighting gunslinger and I go up against him all the time. If I put out 550k dmg a match, he'll put out 750k damage in the same match even if the game is a stale mate and he dies more than me.

He has a lot of healing, and he has a team to help focus so he isn't using constant abilities which would contribute to overheating. Not to mention the damage of his abilities aren't overly impressive to what is capable out of a PT. (Not saying he's a bad player, just since we are talking about damage numbers here).

And as stated, there *are* a lot of AOE abilities a PT has that contributes to high Damage Done on AOE-Star. So it's never, in my opinion, a good basis for pro or counter arguments on a class. (I've seen snipers and sorcs and even Maras 750K+. It just depends on how much stacking is being done on the other team).

EDIT: also the video is Pre 1.2, so back to back PPA Procs with Railshot reducing Heat was possible.

Edited by exphryl

Well, next time i will come with some numbers they are doing without healers in WZ. If on my realm average good players do 300k dmg they hit 600k damage.

I wish some constructive replies. And yes, i am in light armor. War Hero gear, rank 90. I don't pvp at all. I take 9k dmg while he make a 360 degree circle. Cause i don't play them i don't know what is the talent. All i see is fire. And fire burns too much on light armor, 2700 armor, 1300 expertise.

Wow... fire doesn't even remotely consider armor man... If you could take the time to look at the way that the system works, you'd know that...

I have a HARD HARD HARD time believing you're rank 90....

I only got to watch a little bit of it, because I'm at work, but the thing I noticed right away is he has a pocket healer who's completely focusing on only him :p (He might even have 2 healers, I wasn't able to see).

Voidstar is an amazing map for powertechs because we have a lot of AOE, throw in a pocket healer and that's going to be a wrecking ball always. I know on my PT I can hit 400k without a pocket healer. My record being something like 500k. There's no down PTs do a lot of damage, especially if they have someone watching their back to compensate for how squishy they are.

Yep. We go against Vanni premade vs premade everyday. The dude puts out ridiculous damage. We're on a PvP server and both of our guids are solely PvP guilds and completely geared out in Warhero/BM Armor with pre-designated heal, objective, and dps assignments. Vanni still kills my Gunslinger in~10 esconds if he gets a crit from Railshot and he never has to stop moving to channel anything nor does he ever get close to over-heating. The same can't be said for my gunslinger whose mobility is comparable, but instead has several damage abilities that rely on channeling and has to constantly struggle to keep his energy high.

He has a lot of healing, and he has a team to help focus so he isn't using constant abilities which would contribute to overheating. Not to mention the damage of his abilities aren't overly impressive to what is capable out of a PT. (Not saying he's a bad player, just since we are talking about damage numbers here).

And as stated, there *are* a lot of AOE abilities a PT has that contributes to high Damage Done on AOE-Star. So it's never, in my opinion, a good basis for pro or counter arguments on a class. (I've seen snipers and sorcs and even Maras 750K+. It just depends on how much stacking is being done on the other team).

EDIT: also the video is Pre 1.2, so back to back PPA Procs with Railshot reducing Heat was possible.

I suspected that because of the procs, but I didn't want to say without being sure.

Yeah, he gets heals. But so does the other team. We go against him premade vs premade everyday and we have our own pocket healers. I can put out a lot of damage but I'm always chasing Vanni by 100-200k damage at the end of matches. He'll be #1 and I'll be #2 in all our matches but I can't close the gap.

the flame dot will take about 1k or 6k from you

the railsht will take about 2k to 10k from you

rocket punch 1k to 5k

grenade 2k to 8k

Nice numbers, did you locate them in a known hole? :)

If we're going to talk crits.. atleast know what is technically possible before spouting numbers...

The DoT component of Combustible Gas (empire) ticks over 6 seconds, and can crit for 600-800.

(Almost 6k tho! 3 ticks of 800 ^^).

It can be applied by using the default auto attacks OR talented to apply when you use Flame Burst (empire).

Flame Burst itself is not a DoT ability and it can crit for 2-3k when using all cooldowns and you have around 1800 Aim with 75%+ effective surge, a.k.a pretty good gear.

Rail Shots? They will re-apply the Combustible Gas DoT if the target already has it on.

15 second cooldown, but talented it has a chance to reset the cooldown once every 6 seconds.

Crits range from 3-5k (On 1200 expertise targets) and potentially 6k crits if the target has crap gear with no expertise.

Rocket Punch... 6k? I need the stuff you're smoking :)

Highest i've seen with all cooldowns on light armor was 3.2k and that's on a bad geared target.

Yet again... almost your target number!!!1

The "grenade" or Thermal Detonator (empire) as we like to call it.

Won't see many of those going over 5k with cooldowns.

Then again, it seems to be a preference to go 8 points in the tank tree to get 9% aim boost instead these days.

This is with all augmented WH gear, augmented blaster etc...

If a player enters a warzone without pvp gear... that person will have to run back and forth from the spawnzone.

Smash can crit higher than Rail Shot.

Heatseeker Missile can also crit higher than Rail Shot (post "fix").

The fire damage can't even crit higher than 3k, clearly OP!

Latest news on the block, pyros aren't arsenal mercs which you can just look at and they blow up.

Try that with a pyro and you will be swizz cheesed by Rail Shots and heated to a proper consumer temperature by Flame Bursts in the process.

You almost nailed the numbers tho!

You can even see at the end of the first video where he solos two people by himself even though he starts the fight at 70% hp.

Mara's can do that too.

Also the two people there, were terrible. I've won 1v3s against terrible players. Again, not a good basis for an argument.

I"m assuming you are referring to the two that start at 3:13 as I didn't see any other 1v2s in the video that would be applicable.

Edited by exphryl

Mara's can do that too.

Also the two people there, were terrible. I've won 1v3s against terrible players. Again, not a good basis for an argument.

I"m assuming you are referring to the two that start at 3:13 as I didn't see any other 1v2s in the video that would be applicable.

Yes, and Maras are OP too =). The second dude he killed in the 1v2 fight was clearly out of energy before he died. But Vanni wasn't even close. He could kill 2 people in a 1v2 and not even come close to overheating even though those other two players have basically drained themselves trying to get him down.

Edited by DimeStax

My biggest complaint about pyrotech dps is that almost everything is instant cast including their biggest hits, even their big hitting abilities appear to be on relatively short cooldowns, and they are apparently extremely heat efficient. Their Railshot hits as hard as a Snipers Ambush except Railshot is instant and Ambush is 3 second cast.

My biggest complaint about pyrotech dps is that almost everything is instant cast including their biggest hits, even their big hitting abilities appear to be on relatively short cooldowns, and they are apparently extremely heat efficient. Their Railshot hits as hard as a Snipers Ambush except Railshot is instant and Ambush is 3 second cast.

Thermal Detonator: 15 Seconds

Railshot: 6-15 Seconds.

Nothing else could be considered a "Big Hit"

I wish I could have knockback roots while not being able to be stunned as well.

But people just like to compare damage of a class and nothing else as usual....

PS: As stated earlier, heat management in a hectic 1.2 battle is not as gracious as it was pre 1.2 since you can't get back to back PPA Procs anymore over a long course of a battle. It takes at LEAST 4 GCDs to get a chance at the proc now where previously you could go

16 Heat + PPA PRoc (-8 Heat) +16 Heat + PPA PRoc (-8 Heat) +16 Heat + PPA PRoc (-8 Heat) which would effectively keep your heat near 0 the entire time.

Edited by exphryl

You can even see at the end of the first video where he solos two people by himself even though he starts the fight at 70% hp.

Man, he didnt die even once.... Plus he had no issue with heat so of course he will do lot of dmg.

I'm comparing damage because that is what I'm specifically referencing as OP. Yes all classes have their own methods of survivability, and whenever those reach a threshold that doesn't seem fair to most players then those specific abilities are referenced (Marauder: Undying Rage). I'm not comparing CC to CC in this reply, I'm comparing damage to damage, apples to apples.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.