what is the point of Heavy Armor for BH

think of it this way: Merc's get to use ALL THREE level's of armor (check your abilities if you don't believe me).. so with Heavy Armor, you get the ability to really customize your look and stats. Me personally, I'm running my Arsenal BH around looking more like a Chiss born Sith with some mean pistols instead of something more like "the Fett", and since most of my armor is already orange, keeping the stats up where I want them is easy. This relates to more playability, more DPS, and alot more fun.

Now.. granted.. I'm a PvE junkie that loathes PvP environments, so maybe it's different for me facing the comp than others players, but seriously, think of it in the simplist term: now you can make your BH look however you want and just tinker with the stats :)

None whatsoever since so much damage circumvents our physical armor rating.

You need to learn what armor protects from, that being kinetic and energy. Thus only elemental and internal damage passes by it which makes sense. By "so much", I think you mean a little as classes have only a small subset of internal/elemental attacks.

We might as well run around naked

Play someone in Medium armor sometime and you'll stop complaining about Heavy Armor real, real fast.

People need to learn how the game works before complaining. It's only Internal and Elemental damages that bypass armor. Take a look at the sheer number of attacks that deal Kinetic or Energy sometime.

Play someone in Medium armor sometime and you'll stop complaining about Heavy Armor real, real fast.

People need to learn how the game works before complaining. It's only Internal and Elemental damages that bypass armor. Take a look at the sheer number of attacks that deal Kinetic or Energy sometime.

most specials are internal and elemental. it caps at 75% (which nobody can reach and is closer to 46-48%) and really doesn't make much of a difference in TTK in pvp (a mara can waste me in 3 GCD). at least not compared to the better bubbles (that mitigate all damage) and tricks that light and medium armor dps classes get over the BH.

Edited by theunwarshed