Lethality for PvE sniper in 1.2?

Vuknasty

As a Marskmanship sniper since launch, I have often wondered whether the mobility of Lethality plus the Elemental damage is a better choice for raiding.

Currently the only boss where I can sit in Cover and pewpew is Fabricator in KP. The rest of the time I feel like I spend too much time running around avoiding Damage on the Floor to really maximize my output as MM.

What spec and priority system are Lethality snipers liking now that 1.2 has shipped?

Spec is pretty straight forward 31 pt build for lethality.

Basically, the rotation is some form of

Shatter -> Corrosive Dart -> Corrosive Gren -> Weakening -> Cull -> Filler -> Cull -> repeat

Filler is orbital strike, SoS, Exploisve probe, or rifle shot. Some also use ambush. Shatter can be moved around or placed into the filler time if you want, especially after the first round. I like opening with it to help the overall raid though.

The goal is to always have the good versions of dart and grenade up, use weakening blast before Cull, and keep both weakening and cull on cooldown.

If the boss has a vulnerable phase, a good plan is to put dart and grenade them just before and start into weakening as soon as they're vulnerable.

Edited by Infalliable

Spec is pretty straight forward 31 pt build for lethality.

Basically, the rotation is some form of

Shatter -> Corrosive Dart -> Corrosive Gren -> Weakening -> Cull -> Filler -> Cull -> repeat

Filler is orbital strike, SoS, Exploisve probe, or rifle shot. Some also use ambush. Shatter can be moved around or placed into the filler time if you want, especially after the first round. I like opening with it to help the overall raid though.

The goal is to always have the good versions of dart and grenade up, use weakening blast before Cull, and keep both weakening and cull on cooldown.

If the boss has a vulnerable phase, a good plan is to put dart and grenade them just before and start into weakening as soon as they're vulnerable.

Switched to Lethality and immediately saw a big DPS jump. Maybe I was doing it wrong, but as MM I was doing about 1150-1200 DPS on the dummy and 1350-1400 DPS in Lethality (fully buffed, using adrenals etc.)

My question is, what should the priority be for filler? Does it depend on how much energy you have? I know orbital strike should be a filler as long as you have the energy for it. But what after that? SoS...Ambush...Explosive Probe?

I also noticed that there's usually enough time for two "fillers" before the second cull. Should one always be Rifle Shot or maybe a snipe?

I'm starting to get more of a feel for it. Seems like priority is based on how much energy you have (AKA how many dot crits you have been getting)

Quick question on the rotation though: since corrosive grenade lasts longer and has a CD, why have it come after corrosive dart and not before? Is it so Corrosive grenade can get the full benefit of weakening blast?

Quick question on the rotation though: since corrosive grenade lasts longer and has a CD, why have it come after corrosive dart and not before? Is it so Corrosive grenade can get the full benefit of weakening blast?

Exactly, I use Grenade before Dart for that very reason.

thats a better reason than what i was using grenade for.

my reasoning was, aoe everyone first, which means you get the most potential out of it.

i still start a fight with ambush though.

heres a good resource for lethality

i find lethality spec to be excellent, great against high armoured targets.

Exactly, I use Grenade before Dart for that very reason.

I found that my DPS is slightly higher on the target dummy with grenade before dart (something like 50-70 dps more). I think I'll stick with grenade first until the math shows otherwise.

Thanks for the link to the guide Shakyl, I couldn't find a guide for the life of me!