SWTOR Combatlog Analyzer

Tomrath

At the moment i am out of ideas, but maybe...

How is your Java?

Right now? Close to nothing. But this January my Python was at nothing and now I'm writing usable bioinformatics code with it. I'm planning on taking a summer class in Java starting these next weeks, and I'm a very quick learner when it comes to code.

It's not reading the SWTOR combat logger. It is reading a text file created by the combat logger feature of the game. Once the file is written to your disk, it is yours. BioWare has no claim on it. Does the truck driver have claim on the food he delivered to my house? He was used by the company to get it to me, but once it was in my house it became mine. The comany that sold it to me no longer has any say on it.

If you are incredibly paranoid, copy the text file off your machine once you have closed down SWTOR, and use the parser on another machine, unless by some incredible token BioWare actually own everything and can ban you for logging on to another machine that is in your house ?

There is a man on the moon, and he is communicating your every move the martians waiting on the dark side. The martians are actually partying in the dark side crater waiting for you to implode from paranoia.

CRAP....I thought it was going to be a Real Time analyzer. For example; you run the game in Window Mode with the Analyzer collecting the data from the log and presenting to you. That would be nice but may be against the ToS.

Hello everyone!

Please see the following post by Allison Berryman, Senior Community Cooridinator:

We’ve asked our Terms of Service department, and we can confirm it is not part of our policy to ban players for using combat log parsers. If anyone feels like an action has been taken against their account in error, we strongly encourage you to contact support (http://www.swtor.com/support/form) with details. Please keep in mind that we do monitor for anything that violates the Terms of Service (speedhacking, botting, or any other third-party software that interacts with the client to result in unintended behavior). We also encourage people to be very careful about downloading and using any third-party software – remember to take the safety of your computer seriously!

This post is also visible from the Developer Tracker. Be sure to keep an eye on it!

Hope that helps :)

Sounds good but I am curious is this approved by Bioware. I dont want to get banned for using it.

getting banned for using a program like a log parser would be the same as getting banned for having mouse drivers, or video drivers. did BW officially approve your mouse drivers? thats a third party program that you are using to DIRECTLY effect your game play. hope you dont get banned for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any intention of making this open source? This sounds like a great program, but I'd prefer to make sure it's doing only what it's supposed to be doing before using it. No offense.

And that would also afford either myself or others to make possible contributions to it, in order to improve your tool. So far this seems like one of the better parsers I've seen.

• 5 months later...