Star wars and DCU double battles EP.1

Aurbere

Superman went all out against Darkseid during that fight and he still lost, the innocent people thing has nothing to do with how the fight played out.

Starts at 5:25

I quote from Superman. "I feel like I live in a world made of card board, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control, even for a moment or someone could die, but you can take it can't you big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut lose, and show just how powerful I really am."

That's what I thought. The fights between Superman and Darkseid can be pretty even, with one coming out the victor in the end.

Superman went all out against Darkseid during that fight and he still lost, the innocent people thing has nothing to do with how the fight played out.

Starts at 5:25

I quote from Superman. "I feel like I live in a world made of card board, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control, even for a moment or someone could die, but you can take it can't you big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut lose, and show just how powerful I really am."

I'm well aware of that. However, if you notice, Superman made the effort to direct Darkseid away from any people. He didn't just go all out like you think he did. He still showed restraint. Not to mention, how many times have you seen Superman writhing in pain like that just to come back and defeat whomever he was fighting? The writers chose to have a bittersweet ending to the fight with Lex being the one to actually finish the fight by giving Darkseid the one thing he has always wanted.

My entire point is that Superman wins because he is written that way. They show him at certain points during the fight at a disadvantage for dramatic effect, nothing more. Darkseid wins the fight when Superman can't just destroy whatever piece of rock on which they happen to be fighting.

The only opponent to have ever instilled a sense of fear in Superman was Doomsday. Doomsday being the only opponent to have actually killed him by way of an actual fight, not Kryptonite, not Magic, and not a Red Sun. Actually physically beating him to death. Granted they both died but, still the only opponent that can say he actually beat Superman to death.

I don't advise Comic vs SW battles. Because 99% of them would absolutely stomp the hell out of SW. It's not even a subject of debate. You'd need to carefully screen each character and the only ones you could even use that might be considered an Even Fight for Jedi/Sith would be those who're considered Street Level.

Consider this. You could put Prof. Charles Xavier (Marvel) against Sidious and, regardless of the fact Xavier has no advanced physical abilities, he'd still stomp down Sidious without effort. Xavier's telepathic abilities makes everyone's in SW appear as child's play.. Xavier could not just trick everyone on the world, he could Control them if he so wished to. Moondragon, another psychic in the Marvel Universe, is on the same level and has done such herself. By the time the fight started, Sidious would drop to the floor. Drooling. Because Xavier just shut down his brain.

Even others like Pyslocke have abilities that would wreak havoc. Her offensive talents may be close range, but she can create a telekinetic bubble inside your head, cutting off the oxygen flow to your brain, make you stroke out and cause brain death. That's not something Sidious or Luke or any other Jedi/Sith could defend against. They don't have any experience in dealing with powers that're so focused and operate on a deeper level than they knew was possible.

Luke and Sid may be haxed in the SWU, but their base stats are still on a Street Level. Which makes them easily exploitable. All in all, it doesn't matter what absurd feat they can do when it requires certain conditions or preparation to perform. Not against people who can take them out fast, hard, and with extreme prejudice.

I don't advise Comic vs SW battles. Because 99% of them would absolutely stomp the hell out of SW. It's not even a subject of debate. You'd need to carefully screen each character and the only ones you could even use that might be considered an Even Fight for Jedi/Sith would be those who're considered Street Level.

Consider this. You could put Prof. Charles Xavier (Marvel) against Sidious and, regardless of the fact Xavier has no advanced physical abilities, he'd still stomp down Sidious without effort. Xavier's telepathic abilities makes everyone's in SW appear as child's play.. Xavier could not just trick everyone on the world, he could Control them if he so wished to. Moondragon, another psychic in the Marvel Universe, is on the same level and has done such herself. By the time the fight started, Sidious would drop to the floor. Drooling. Because Xavier just shut down his brain.

Even others like Pyslocke have abilities that would wreak havoc. Her offensive talents may be close range, but she can create a telekinetic bubble inside your head, cutting off the oxygen flow to your brain, make you stroke out and cause brain death. That's not something Sidious or Luke or any other Jedi/Sith could defend against. They don't have any experience in dealing with powers that're so focused and operate on a deeper level than they knew was possible.

Luke and Sid may be haxed in the SWU, but their base stats are still on a Street Level. Which makes them easily exploitable. All in all, it doesn't matter what absurd feat they can do when it requires certain conditions or preparation to perform. Not against people who can take them out fast, hard, and with extreme prejudice.

For the most part, I tend to agree with you but, don't forget that in Return of the Jedi, Luke was able to stop the hearts of those two Gamorrean Guards with nothing more than a hand gesture.That's about as canon an ability as they come and Luke had barely trained as a Jedi for three years at that point.

Don't count the Star Wars characters out so quickly. Boba Fett or Jango Fett could give any gunslinger from DC or Marvel a run for their money. Either of them would give Deadpool's healing factor a workout.

Yeah, folks on the level of Phoenix, Nate Grey, Franklin Richards, Hal Jordan, Captain Atom, and Martian Manhunter would more than likely take on hordes of Star Wars Characters on their own, there are still some characters that could fight them on equal footing though.

The Force is far more capable than you seem to give it credit. Force Lightning is able to affect a great many beings as it causes great pain and agony. It's not very forgiving. Force Telekinetic abilities can be applied with every bit as minute detail as you said Psylocke was capable of with the advantage of distance.

The only saving grace for a lot of the Comic Book characters is the fact their abilities are portrayed as not requiring much in the way of preparation or concentration. Any sufficiently disciplined Jedi or Sith would easily be a match.

Yea. I agree with ReiKai. These battle aren't going to be very interesting since SW characters would be totally destroyed by the majority of characters from DC/Marvel. The most powerful SW characters would barely have a chance against even the low-mid tier superheroes/villains from the comics.

Also, Deadpool would crush the Fetts with ease.

Edited by billyboyjennings

That's why their double battles. One SW character on one side one on the other. I knew SW would be no match for DCU which is why I have different team-ups. With one SW and one DCU on each side there is more balance than just SW vs. DCU.

The whole thing would really come down to one thing: how would Tatooine's two yellow suns affect Superman's Kyrptonian physiology? Would it be like on Earth, or would his powers go into overdrive from the extra star's radiation? And, if so, would this be like All-Star Superman where he absorbs so much radiation that he just dies from the stress?

For the most part, I tend to agree with you but, don't forget that in Return of the Jedi, Luke was able to stop the hearts of those two Gamorrean Guards with nothing more than a hand gesture.That's about as canon an ability as they come and Luke had barely trained as a Jedi for three years at that point.

I don't recall him stopping hearts (unless that's from the EU). In either case that's still mental as there is a part of the brain that controls the heart and lungs. And doing it against one of the Dumbest species in the SWU is not so impressive.

Don't count the Star Wars characters out so quickly. Boba Fett or Jango Fett could give any gunslinger from DC or Marvel a run for their money. Either of them would give Deadpool's healing factor a workout.

No, they couldn't. Boba and Jango are not good shots when on their own. Against the likes of Moon Knight, Hawkeye, Bullseye, Dead Shot, and many, Many others within the Marvel and DCU's, The Fetts aren't even worth mentioning they're so far out of their league. Bullseye could kill them with paper clips to the exposed parts of their armor or darts through the transparisteel lenses of their helmets.

Yeah, folks on the level of Phoenix, Nate Grey, Franklin Richards, Hal Jordan, Captain Atom, and Martian Manhunter would more than likely take on hordes of Star Wars Characters on their own, there are still some characters that could fight them on equal footing though.

Hence why I said "Street Level". Even then, most Street Level characters are far better fighters than anyone in SW. Even those with less skill could still easily take them out. Kitty Pride, for instance. Also known as Shadow Cat. When she is Phasing, she is immune to psychic assaults. And she can phase through just about anything. She can phase through and rearange their organs if she wanted to. Or just touching their lightsabers would cause them to short out and break. She's virtually untouchable, and she's not the greatest fighter.

The Force is far more capable than you seem to give it credit. Force Lightning is able to affect a great many beings as it causes great pain and agony. It's not very forgiving. Force Telekinetic abilities can be applied with every bit as minute detail as you said Psylocke was capable of with the advantage of distance.

You seem to give it too much credit. Against people like the Absorbing Man, Force Lightning is about as useful as trying to use a taser on a brick wall. And we have those like Storm who can manipulate the weather on a global scale. Nevermind some people whose power is Lightning. Some people like Living Lightning and Electro. As with TK, even earlier Jean Gray could shatter diamond-hard substances with a thought. People like her and Strife could levitate mountains. Then there's Exodus who put a TK bubble around an island which multiple hero teams couldn't break, including X-Men, Avengers and Fantastic 4.

The only saving grace for a lot of the Comic Book characters is the fact their abilities are portrayed as not requiring much in the way of preparation or concentration. Any sufficiently disciplined Jedi or Sith would easily be a match.

That's really not it. Most Comic characters are just, in general, far more skilled and possess far greater combat abilities than Jedi/Sith do.

The whole thing would really come down to one thing: how would Tatooine's two yellow suns affect Superman's Kyrptonian physiology? Would it be like on Earth, or would his powers go into overdrive from the extra star's radiation? And, if so, would this be like All-Star Superman where he absorbs so much radiation that he just dies from the stress?

Superman 1-Million sat a million years inside a yellow sun and became like a god just soaking up the energy. Main Superman can't even die anymore. It's ridiculous.

That's why their double battles. One SW character on one side one on the other. I knew SW would be no match for DCU which is why I have different team-ups. With one SW and one DCU on each side there is more balance than just SW vs. DCU.

That just makes no sense when the SW chars are absolutely useless in the resulting conflict and either we; A) Already know who'd win in the Jedi vs Sith part or B) They both die the instant the other two chars start fighting so it doesn't matter.

That just makes no sense when the SW chars are absolutely useless in the resulting conflict and either we; A) Already know who'd win in the Jedi vs Sith part or B) They both die the instant the other two chars start fighting so it doesn't matter.

I'm going to try to make the matches as close as possible, and obviously the jedi and sith are going to get killed early on. That's how things go. These match-ups are about seeing our favorite heroes team up to fight their enemies.

I'm going to try to make the matches as close as possible, and obviously the jedi and sith are going to get killed early on. That's how things go. These match-ups are about seeing our favorite heroes team up to fight their enemies.

There are sites and forums specifically for that purpose. There's no reason to do that here. Even then, that would be in the General Discussion section.