Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Want to verify about 2 mods

dardack

Ok with Aim being very close to power, here is my dilema:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/35082/advanced-agile-mod-25a

vs

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/35186/advanced-agile-mod-25

So my thinking is, -13 aim for 26 more power. So like if even it would be 13 more of that stat. Need someone who's done the math to verify. Right now I'm replacing all the 61aim mods with the 48 aim more power mods. Want to make sure i'm doing right thing.

Also if this is the case, Looking at potentially putting the PVP mods in PVE gear. Since the pve is same mods just 25 expertise added, but you can't get the 48aim/37 power mods that I'm aware of.

EDIT:

Obvious the Black Hole pants for BH's are best in mods/enhancements, why I'm buying 5 (Mod is 52 aim,41 power). But until I can get what 50x5, 250 bh (only have 43 so far after buying ear since rakata ear had accuracy) WZ comm's are much easier to farm, and waiting on buying WH gear I can do. Got my MH/2pc CT so far.

Edited by dardack

In a perfect world I'd love to have nothing but the lower aim and higher power version. At least in this tier of gear, even with all buffs to Aim, you'll have stronger attacks with the higher +Power on it.

But I'll be relegated to the higher aim one though since that's what is in the War-Hero boots (and since I need the enhancement anyways it works out)

In a perfect world I'd love to have nothing but the lower aim and higher power version. At least in this tier of gear, even with all buffs to Aim, you'll have stronger attacks with the higher +Power on it.

But I'll be relegated to the higher aim one though since that's what is in the War-Hero boots (and since I need the enhancement anyways it works out)

I'm talking about buying all BM gear with the lower aim higher power for pvp/pve, at least until for pve I can get all the black hole, and for WH the lower aim/higher power in the Boots (51aim/39 power) for pvp.

But My main question is to verify that the lower aim/higher power is better then the higher aim/lower power. Since the disparaty is so much. Not like 13 less aim 13 more power, but 26 more power.

Last time I looked it took 5 aim to add 1 damage bonus to your ranged attacks, and ~4.3 power to add the same 1 point of damage bonus. Aim also adds crit chance (this varies depending on current rate). The overall conclusion that I arrived at is that if you're getting 1.3 times the power (i.e. trading 13 aim for 18 power) then power is better, unless your crit rate is ridiculously low.

The mod in question also drops some endurance, so weigh that against what your current needs are. If you're under 16k you might not want to lose too much endurance; can't deeps too well if you're running for your life or dead.

Last time I looked it took 5 aim to add 1 damage bonus to your ranged attacks, and ~4.3 power to add the same 1 point of damage bonus. Aim also adds crit chance (this varies depending on current rate). The overall conclusion that I arrived at is that if you're getting 1.3 times the power (i.e. trading 13 aim for 18 power) then power is better, unless your crit rate is ridiculously low.

The mod in question also drops some endurance, so weigh that against what your current needs are. If you're under 16k you might not want to lose too much endurance; can't deeps too well if you're running for your life or dead.

Without my End stim (swap depending if i'm getting focus'd or not) 17708. With all of those mods already in (the lower aim/endurance) in my PVP gear anyways. Saving up the WZ Comm's to put in my PVE gear.

But now I'm totally putting it into my PVE gear. I mean your gaining 2x the power of the aim you loose (13 aim vs 26 more power) so that's even better. I mean in pve that's even better.

I'm about 26% in both pve/pvp without the 5% crit buff. That's what I normally run anyways.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.