Artifice since launch, went Biochem

Warcrawl

I was missing out.

I did the same thing this weekend. A bit frustrating that almost no lower level ingredients were available on GTN, so I had to send my crew out on boatloads of missions, but still didn't take long.

And yes, we were missing out. :) The initial burst DPS with the Adrenal is just sick.

And yes, we were missing out. :) The initial burst DPS with the Adrenal is just sick.

How were you missing out? All of that stuff was available to you without you needing to have Biochem to use it. The only value biochem has to a player is that it offers second-rate reusable stims and adrenals. Any player worth their salt would use the far superior Exotech items instead and those and they can be found on your local GTN kiosk.

I'll never understand why people feel compelled to be Biochem. I am biochem and I find it quite lacking, I would like to switch to something else but am reluctant to change simply because I have too much invested in purple implant recipes which are admittedly now rather useless.

Edited by Kelderek

How were you missing out? All of that stuff was available to you without you needing to have Biochem to use it. The only value biochem has to a player is that it offers second-rate reusable stims and adrenals. Any player worth their salt would use the far superior Exotech items instead and those and they can be found on your local GTN kiosk.

I've never heard of ANYBODY spending the cash to use exotech adrenals from the GTN left and right. And even that's only at 50, which for a large percentage of players (if not the majority) is irrelevant. Saying their is no significant benefit to the reuseables is quite disingenuous.

('course, I've never heard of anybody but biochems using adrenals at all)

I'll never understand why people feel compelled to be Biochem. I am biochem and I find it quite lacking, I would like to switch to something else but am reluctant to change simply because I have too much invested in purple implant recipes which are admittedly now rather useless.

I was missing out because Artifice straight up sucks in comparison. I'm a marauder with dw sabers, and I still would never use the crystals that I could craft. And I couldn't really make money off artifice because everyone else did the same. Why use artifice crystals when there were better ones everywhere else in game.

With biochem, implants, stims, adrenals, med packs, plus you can sell all those over and over in GT.

Biochem at least destroys artifice in comparison, what would you suggest over biochem?

I was missing out because Artifice straight up sucks in comparison. I'm a marauder with dw sabers, and I still would never use the crystals that I could craft. And I couldn't really make money off artifice because everyone else did the same. Why use artifice crystals when there were better ones everywhere else in game.

With biochem, implants, stims, adrenals, med packs, plus you can sell all those over and over in GT.

Biochem at least destroys artifice in comparison, what would you suggest over biochem?

Good, then My artificer who can already make 3 of the rank 26 enhancements and will soon be able to make the new hilts from campaign weapons will have a much better corner on the market.

Color crystals aren't everything.

And yes - I use exotech stims and adrenals - but I don't have to buy them off he auction - I get someone in guild to make them because that's part of what having a guild or friends in an mmo is about.

And I'm selling those enhancements over and over all day long for 400k+ each.

Pretty sure I make enough.

Good, then My artificer who can already make 3 of the rank 26 enhancements and will soon be able to make the new hilts from campaign weapons will have a much better corner on the market.

Color crystals aren't everything.

And yes - I use exotech stims and adrenals - but I don't have to buy them off he auction - I get someone in guild to make them because that's part of what having a guild or friends in an mmo is about.

And I'm selling those enhancements over and over all day long for 400k+ each.

Pretty sure I make enough.

This post exemplifies what this thread boils down to:

OP: "Mother of god. My preferred crafting skill doesn't have half of the utility that biochem does, so I'm switching over in order to get the most benefit from my skills. Just thought I should point out that this is a major problem and not something I'm very happy about."

Troll: "Blahblahblah gives me a better corner on the market. BLahblahblah exotech stims because my guild is epic. U jelly?"

This thread is made in the hopes of bringing attention to the imperfection of crafting skills at large, yet all some people want to do is come into the thread and make a false argument that the skills are "fine" because they can fall back on other players or that there is technically a way to retain a crafting skill even though it will cost a fortune, which not everyone in the game has.

I don't understand. Why do ya need to troll?

Edited by BlazingShadow

Not a troll.

Pointing out that every single profession has it's place in end game crafting currently.

Here I will list what each one can do in an end game environment.

Armstech - Augmented blasters, Augmented Rifles, Augmented vibroswords, Power and Crit Augments - all Best in Slot stuff for the classes that would use them.

Artifice - All End game enhancements, End Game Hilts, Color Crystals, Augmented black hole shields, Generators and focuses, Augmented lightsabers and double bladed lightsabers, Augmented relics - Everything listed here is Best in slot for raiders and everyone else except the color crystals.

Armormech - Augmented Heavy Armor, Augmented Medium Armor, Augmented Belts and Bracers, Aim and Cunning and some other Augments - all Best in slot items that any person trying to max out their character would want.

Synthweaving - Augmented Synthweaving armor - Augmented Belts and Bracers, Main stat augments for Strength and Willpower and others - all Best in slot items that any person trying to max out their character would want.

Cybertech - Augmented Black hole earrings, Rank 26 Armorings and Mods - all Best in slot items that any person trying to max out their character would want.

Biochem - Augmented Implants.

The Rakata Stims and Adrenals are worse than Exotech, they are the same as the normal blue stims and adrenals they can craft without any epic materials and that anyone can use. Anyone actually in a progression raiding environment doesn't use them, they use Exotech instead because it's better, by a LOT. If you aren't worried about using them then why use any at all?

Your points are all wrong - the guy I quoted was mad because he couldn't make money by selling color crystals - boo hoo. There are a lot more things you can sell to make money.

Each profession has a slew of stuff they can make that are all best in slot end game items that you will be able to buy even if you don't raid - eventually. Biochem has the least out of all of them.

Everybody in this thread is wrong about almost everything they said. That's a huge problem when posting on the forums, you should probably make sure you are right about what you are saying before you post.

Not a troll.

Pointing out that every single profession has it's place in end game crafting currently.

Armstech - Augmented blasters, Augmented Rifles, Augmented vibroswords, Power and Crit Augments - all Best in Slot stuff for the classes that would use them.

Artifice - All End game enhancements, End Game Hilts, Color Crystals, Augmented black hole shields, Generators and focuses, Augmented lightsabers and double bladed lightsabers, Augmented relics - Everything listed here is Best in slot for raiders and everyone else except the color crystals.

Armormech - Augmented Heavy Armor, Augmented Medium Armor, Augmented Belts and Bracers, Aim and Cunning and some other Augments - all Best in slot items that any person trying to max out their character would want.

Synthweaving - Augmented Synthweaving armor - Augmented Belts and Bracers, Main stat augments for Strength and Willpower and others - all Best in slot items that any person trying to max out their character would want.

Cybertech - Augmented Black hole earrings, Rank 26 Armorings and Mods - all Best in slot items that any person trying to max out their character would want.

The Rakata Stims and Adrenals are worse than Exotech, they are the same as the normal blue stims and adrenals they can craft without any epic materials and that anyone can use. Anyone actually in a progression raiding environment doesn't use them, they use Exotech instead because it's better, by a LOT. If you aren't worried about using them then why use any at all?

Your points are all wrong - the guy I quoted was mad because he couldn't make money by selling color crystals - boo hoo. There are a lot more things you can sell to make money.

Each profession has a slew of stuff they can make that are all best in slot end game items that you will be able to buy even if you don't raid - eventually. Biochem has the least out of all of them.

Everybody in this thread is wrong about almost everything they said. That's a huge problem when posting on the forums, you should probably make sure you are right about what you are saying before you post.

Agree 100% with this post .:wea_03:

any other crew skill you can just relegate it to alts and get the full benefits of crafting and selling and the yada-yada and the laa de da.

biochem for main character.

result = BiS for everything plus reusables when you dont feel like spending a couple dozens of k of credits for a few seconds boost.

While Exotech may be better, the crafting material cost required to continuously churn out the Adrenals, Stims and the associated Medpac costs can become a burden on players, especially if they are new-50s. The Exotech stims were costing me 30k apiece when I first started EV and KP, so couple that with 4 hours of wiping in EV NiM (love you Soa, really) and you have a hefty cost of around 400k per night raiding. Although this situation has changed, the huge money-making exploits have been closed (slicing, lock boxes, running lower level dungeons).

As Rakata are re-usable, I don't have to worry about running out of medpacs at that crucial moment during a raid (was regularly going through 30+ while progressing through KP and EV as a new 50). I don't have to worry about relying on a guildie or the GTN for Stims and Adrenals (although not essential to raids, they help a lot).

I swapped from Cybertech to Biochem purely for it's usefulness while doing end-game PvE & PvP. The purple recipes may not be the best-in-slot as you put it, but their usefulness is certainly up there.

As you said, there is a market to be found in everything, I just feel that crafting for selling in TOR is underwhelming.

Not a troll.

And what crew skill makes those exotech packs?

keep telling yourself this

Anyone actually in a progression raiding environment doesn't use them, they use Exotech instead because it's better, by a LOT. .

If by "progression raiding environment" you mean guilds that have already cleared 4/4 in Hard Mode EC, then you are correct. I have no doubt those people are using Exotech Adrenals 2 or more times every fight. You are also talking about way less than 1% of the players. If your argument rests on "it's fine for way less than 1% of the players", I think you don't have a very strong argument.

If by "progression raiding environment" you mean guilds that have had HM and maybe NM EV & KP on farm for a while now, have cleared SM EC, and are working on HM EC, then you're flat out wrong. Indisputably, completely wrong. These people are not using Exotech Adrenals. Maybe your particular guild or your friends do, but to generalize that to everyone else is crazy. My guild is the largest on our server (at least Republic side), and we progress faster than any other guild I know of (there may be a small one that does 8 mans that's faster that I don't know about), and NO ONE in my guild uses Exotech adrenals. The SWTOR mailing list I'm on at work has a couple hundred people on it, and NO ONE has ever spoken up and claimed to use Exotech adrenals when we've had long mail threads lamenting how much better Bio is than any other profession.

You'd have to be utterly insane to think that the average guild that's currently struggling on HM EC is filled with player that use Exotech adrenals, so I'm just going to assume that your definition of "progression raiding environment" is the first one I described, and that you're only addressing you arguments to the <1% of the players that are in that group. In that case, what you say is true, but I don't think it's very compelling because it applies to so few people.

As a raider and pvp'er, what would I rather do? Make a one time purchase to upgrade my gear (until the next time comes to upgrade) or do I went to spend my credits everyday for consumables?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.