Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend. SWTOR or GW2, what do you prefer?

xeenz

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, where to begin...

Seems kind of a dishonest review. so, no flaws? that's what you're saying?

So, gw2 worlds are "Living" worlds just because some NPCs walk around?

Dynamic events? I already did Public Quests back in 2008 with Warhammer

WvWvW? yeah, I already banged on a Keep Door for 20 minutes back in 2008 with Warhammer

Anything "new" that guild wars 2 brings to the table?

Seems kind of a dishonest review. so, no flaws? that's what you're saying?

So, gw2 worlds are "Living" worlds just because some NPCs walk around?

Dynamic events? I already did Public Quests back in 2008 with Warhammer

WvWvW? yeah, I already banged on a Keep Door for 20 minutes back in 2008 with Warhammer

Anything "new" that guild wars 2 brings to the table?

It's funny because despite your opinion about those things, SWTOR doesn't have any of them. You're telling me you like the fact that NPC's stand around, motionless, waiting in hallways for you to come along and kill them?

You like running up to a static NPC, listening to some chatter, and running off to collect 10 alien fingers? Although Dynamic Events are just a mask for questing, at least ANet tried to do something new.

It's more than banging on a Keep door, you obviously don't know how to work Siege equipment.

And if you read what I wrote, I said several times that it's far from perfect. Should probably quit being such a fanboy.

You like running up to a static NPC, listening to some chatter, and running off to collect 10 alien fingers? Although Dynamic Events are just a mask for questing, at least ANet tried to do something new.

It's NOT new! funny how people flame Bioware for beign a "wow clone" but Anet is praised for copypasting Mythic (which is now a part of Bioware) so technically Anet is beign praised for copying Bioware.

It's more than banging on a Keep door, you obviously don't know how to work Siege equipment.

Im just saying what I saw on the stream, I watched several hours of GW2 gameplay before I came up with my opinions

It looks like a modern day MMO. I still enjoy playing WoW. I fully enjoy playing SWTOR (which will increase tenfold with LFD). I'm sure if I played Guild Wars 2 I'd enjoy that too but I'm at my limit at the moment. I didn't see anything in this Beta that blew me off my office chair and gave me reason to delete everything off my harddrive.

Also, it seems that GW2 decided to copy something from SWTOR: Ability delay. :D

I noticed no Ability Delay, except for a few lag spikes causing it here and there due to the influx of players. Did you actually play the game? Because in this thread you said you haven't played GW2 and you don't plan to. If you played this weekend, it means that you pre-purchased the game. So which is it? Did you play it, or are you just a SWTOR fanboy spreading falsities?

It's funny because despite your opinion about those things, SWTOR doesn't have any of them. You're telling me you like the fact that NPC's stand around, motionless, waiting in hallways for you to come along and kill them?

And if you read what I wrote, I said several times that it's far from perfect. Should probably quit being such a fanboy.

LOL a GW2 hold out.....good luck

It's NOT new! funny how people flame Bioware for beign a "wow clone" but Anet is praised for copypasting Mythic (which is now a part of Bioware) so technically Anet is beign praised for copying Bioware.

Im just saying what I saw on the stream, I watched several hours of GW2 gameplay before I came up with my opinions

So let me get this straight. You didn't actually play the game, and yet you're forming opinions and spreading those opinions around as fact. Without actually playing the game.

Yeah, ok.

- The lack of abilities is shocking.

i guess im a minority in not liking games with a truckload of abilities.which is my major issue with swtor.classes just have way to many abilities to not have macros,but i guess bioware thinks everyone likes binding half there keyboard with hotkeys

So let me get this straight. You didn't actually play the game, and yet you're forming opinions and spreading those opinions around as fact. Without actually playing the game.

Yeah, ok.

Lets get this straight,

It is a FACT, that I saw people banging on a door for 15-20 minutes, last night

it is a FACT that Mythic came up with Public Quests before Anet

it is a FACT that Mythic had 3faction pvp back in the days of DaoC

So yeah, while some things are fresh, they are not new or revolutionary in anyway.

Yeah, ok.

This thread seems to be full of that. Next beta event people need to just spend the weekend playing. I was pretty certain I wouldn't like SWTor, but I followed the development anyway to get facts rather then speculate, then gave it it's fare shake when it went live. I don't like this game, but I gave it a chance and tried out all of it's content and mechanics. I definitely wouldn't lie and not play it but say I did and spread around a bunch of false information, that's just childish.

Yeah, ok.

I have played the beta, and i agree with that. GW2 is literally a copy and paste of warhammer online, Even the contribution system on the dynamics events looks like the same system of warhammer. And the worst thing about this is that people really believe that Gw2 is new and innovative.

Lets get this straight,

It is a FACT, that I saw people banging on a door for 15-20 minutes, last night

it is a FACT that Mythic came up with Public Quests before Anet

it is a FACT that Mythic had 3faction pvp back in the days of DaoC

So yeah, while some things are fresh, they are not new or revolutionary in anyway.

FACT: You saw one instance of people (who probably didn't know what they were doing) banging on a keep door for what seemed to you like 15-20 minutes.

FACT: I never claimed that Mythic didn't. As a matter of FACT I said it was nothing original and reminded me of Warhammer in the first point of my post.

FACT: What does this have to do with anything? I never claimed that Mythic didn't have that in DAoC, I played DAoC. What point are you trying to make here?

It's obvious that you don't know what you're talking about, and I don't consider someone who watched another person play a video game on an internet stream a credible source for an opinion on said game. So I'll just end the argument now.

I have played the beta, and i agree with that. GW2 is literally a copy and paste of warhammer online, Even the contribution system on the dynamics events looks like the same system of warhammer. And the worst thing about this is that people really believe that Gw2 is new and innovative.

its funny,cuz people called swtor wow in space also

wanna know what i consider those people? fail trolls

This.

The GW2 fanboys are running around screaming like their game is brand new. Even SWTOR was more innovative.