Carnage 1.2

Viscerus

I played Carnage prior to 1.2.

All of the changes to our talents seemed good for Carnage, but it seems like I am doing less damage.

I feel like I am having a harder time bringing down targets than i did before 1.2, which makes no sense to me, unless teh changes to the way expertise works or healing (or whatever else), benefited other classes more than marauders.

Sometimes I feel that way.

One night of Warzones I'll be doing great, top 1-3 in damage, massive amount of killing blows, great objective scoring....

Next day I'll feel like glass. Getting dropped in less than 3 seconds.

Day after that I feel like Im doing no damage at all.

Probably operator error and my enemies change. Some of them aren't geared well, others are geared for a trip to hell and back.

yea it happens.

I have a 370k damage game one match and the next match i did 120k

granted the 370k was a voidstar and the 120k was a NC where i was playing a little more objectively.

However - a lot of the time it can come down to your team and if the healers like you.

yea it happens.

I have a 370k damage game one match and the next match i did 120k

granted the 370k was a voidstar and the 120k was a NC where i was playing a little more objectively.

However - a lot of the time it can come down to your team and if the healers like you.

I think unless you are doing a lot of AoEs in general it is very hard to do a lot of damage in NC - this is because some many of the fights occurs in packs and but that the same time it can be quite spread out. Also there is too much moving from point to point even when compared to Alderaan.

If you face a group (pug or organized)that knows how to focus fire, a Carnage Maurader is an easy target. As soon as they realize you don't have a pocket healer or guard, you will be the first target every time.

This usually happens a lot but when you see it coming thank god for Force Cloak

I think unless you are doing a lot of AoEs in general it is very hard to do a lot of damage in NC - this is because some many of the fights occurs in packs and but that the same time it can be quite spread out. Also there is too much moving from point to point even when compared to Alderaan.

That's very true.... But I've had that occasional 300+ game of NC. But most of the time that's when there are a number of pugs in recruit gear.

Actually Novare gets my vote as the WZ when the Carnage mara really shines. An earlier post mentions 120k damage but Novare is sometimes a very low damage WZ. I have topped the chart with about 160k on occasion.

And the benefits of regular 80% Predation for the whole ops are obvious.

We are great at huttball too, but if you're very objective focussed you often don't get to do a lot of dpsing. I don't mind if I only get 40k so long as I've scored/made 4+ goals!