On Fatman, the game IS fun.

Angedechu

Ya gotta say I'd lost hope for this game, I took a last chance and deleted my 2 50s and re-rolled to the Swiftsure, and it changed the game for me, infinately better than a light or standard sever. With the new crafting and the new content in 1.2 and the little Rackghoul surprise I'll give it a chance. Still loads of work to be done, but they seem like they're listening to the fans and that's a big plus.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one world are u freaking kidding me u cant run on fleet when u have 250+ people on it and not have problems for most players that is and u want the hole pop on 1 server no thanks just dont make any more

do managed server transfers to empty the crap servers or better manage new players into old servers better i have a hi pop server leave our aussie servers out of your euro crap

Just like what they do with the leveling worlds, they can create more then 1 instance of Fleet as well.

This whole seperate servers stuff really needs to go, MMOs should all be basically 1 server, it would alleviate so many problems and it would keep populations more consistent 24 hours a day.

Jung-Ma has a decent population, always around 150+ in fleet if not more during peak times. So far for the most part a decent community there.

Some great RP heavy guilds like Dead Star Company (not a member but i've watched some of their guild RP sessions on Drommand Kass).

Downside would be I went from 1-50 and i might have seen 4 Pubs in that entire time outside of a WZ.

So on that end it does need a healthy injection of the Republic to even things out a bit.

But on topic glad to see things are going well with Fatman. Hope that spreads to many more servers.

Ya gotta say I'd lost hope for this game, I took a last chance and deleted my 2 50s and re-rolled to the Swiftsure, and it changed the game for me, infinately better than a light or standard sever. With the new crafting and the new content in 1.2 and the little Rackghoul surprise I'll give it a chance. Still loads of work to be done, but they seem like they're listening to the fans and that's a big plus.

Christ, why did you do that? You could've waited for the transfers. It's not like those two 50's prevented you from doing anything else on another server.

They said they required 500 k subs to be profitable.

I don't believe this, but 1 million subs certainly must be profitable.

they would be lucky to have 500 000. Now read carefully this state

Exclusive: I’ve confirmed from multiple sources within Electronic Arts that the company is planning to layoff 500-1,000 people as soon as this week. As of March 31 public numbers, that represents between 5%-11% of total company employees. The layoffs were originally set for last Monday (4/9), but they were pushed back and we’ve confirmed they’re coming very soon.

After a brief resurgence, EA has had a rough year with Star Wars not matching lofty internal expectations, an expensive Popcap acquisition, a CFO departure, and being recently named the worst company in America.

While it looked like a possible banner year, over stretching on several fronts led to a disappointing fiscal year. Estimates put Battlefield 3 sales around 13MM units, the company ‘chased’ the launch dumping an estimated $30MM into incremental marketing after the game launched according to one source within EA. The same thing was done for Star Wars to extend its run and try to improve sales. Star Wars sell through is estimated to now be around 3MM units, but the subscriptions which are needed for an MMO to payoff are already declining.

It’s also another big blow to EA CEO John Riccitiello who this month marked his fifth year since returning to EA. I was working at EA and sat in the all-hands meeting to mark his return in 2007. While the quality of EA games has most definitely improved, the costs to produce these games and Riccitiello’s acquisition warpath have hurt.

Not to mention a stock price that has moved from $61 to where it sits now at $16, it’s safe to say that Riccitiello’s time is once again running out. On top of all this, Zynga has gutted EA’s management listing 5 of the top 11 executives as former EA senior managers including the COO, CMO, CCO (Creative), CPO (People), and the EVP of Corp Dev. Glassdoor.com puts his internal CEO rating at 53%, no where some Silicon Valley companies like Google (92%) or Yelp (89%) while closer to other CEOs in his category (Marc Pincus 54%, Bobby Kotick 36%).

This article reports nothing especially damning about TOR.....

For instance, one bit blast (rightly) the CEO for buying for such a huge price the company that made Plants Vs Zombies.

Read again ;) Its about EA and EA its the big sausage roll in gaming idustry specially for TOR!

Read again ;) Its about EA and EA its the big sausage roll in gaming idustry specially for TOR!

And according to sources nexon were buying EA too. where is this source and article from exactly cos EA have fingers in way to many pies to try and put anything at Biowares feet.

Edited by Shingara