Yoda vs Darth Vader

Akilus

You know, something I don't get. You have all these Jedi that Vader killed. Did none of them think to use the Force to crush that little box sitting in the middle of his chest like a huge freaking target?

We have a guy obviously breathing using an iron lung and he has this little box on his chest with all sorts of blinking and flashing lights. It should be pretty obvious that it's not his poor attempt at ripping of Flava-flav. No. It's painfully obvious that its the control box for his life support.

The only reason Vader is so menacing is because everyone else, his son included, is a blithering idiot.

Edited by Bluerodian

You know, something I don't get. You have all these Jedi that Vader killed. Did none of them think to use the Force to crush that little box sitting in the middle of his chest like a huge freaking target?

We have a guy obviously breathing using an iron lung and he has this little box on his chest with all sorts of blinking and flashing lights. It should be pretty obvious that it's not his poor attempt at ripping of Flava-flav. No. It's painfully obvious that its the control box for his life support.

The only reason Vader is so menacing is because everyone else, his son included, is a blithering idiot.

That wasn't his breathing apparatus. That was his voice modulator. The breathing apparatus was his helmet. They'd have to rip the helmet from his head to kill him.

That wasn't his breathing apparatus. That was his voice modulator. The breathing apparatus was his helmet. They'd have to rip the helmet from his head to kill him.

Even then, just focus fire on his melon and call it a day. He can deflect blaster bolts, sure, but can he deflect blaster bolts from several sources while getting his helmet force-rugged by several Jedi?

Or heck, just use the Force to squash the helmet around his head like a grape.

Same thing. His suit has a single point failure that no one exploited.

I also guess there's a reason he never went down to Tatooine during the OT. His worst enemies would have been Jawa scavengers armed with Ion guns.

Edited by Bluerodian

Read Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader and I agree, Yoda wins flat-out.

I would like to see a book where Yoda really shows off what he can do. Just so we can get a good idea of what he can do. But Yeah, I read Dark Lord and still Yoda wins.

I was under the impression that the control box controlled all of his support systems. Because then Palps could just flip a switch and BOOM! Bob's your unlce and Vaders dead.

Even then, just focus fire on his melon and call it a day. He can deflect blaster bolts, sure, but can he deflect blaster bolts from several sources while getting his helmet force-rugged by several Jedi?

Or heck, just use the Force to squash the helmet around his head like a grape.

Same thing. His suit has a single point failure that no one exploited.

I also guess there's a reason he never went down to Tatooine during the OT. His worst enemies would have been Jawa scavengers armed with Ion guns.

Really wouldn't have mattered anyway. Nearly all the Jedi were killed during Order 66. There were only 4 left in the galaxy as of Episode 3.1. Luke, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Galen. Plus I'm pretty sure his suit was designed to make up for his loss of maneuverability by making him a walking tank, as demonstrated when he blocked the blaster with his hand.

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

Really wouldn't have mattered anyway. Nearly all the Jedi were killed during Order 66. There were only 4 left in the galaxy as of Episode 3.1. Luke, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Galen. Plus I'm pretty sure his suit was designed to make up for his loss of maneuverability by making him a walking tank, as demonstrated when he blocked the blaster with his hand.

I think Vader's suit was designed to be blaster proof to a point. I think after so much damage the suit would deteriorate.

Vader.

because he's vader.

Yoda is the most overrated and stupid character in the entire star wars franchise. him even being a great fighter goes against the entire point of his character and personality. i will never accept him being a "great fighter" as canon. thats silly and stupid. its as stupid as the movie "Batman and Robin" where george clooney pulls out a bat credit card. when yoda pulled out a lightsaber and started jumping around like a cartoon frog my childhood died.

Vader.

because he's vader.

Yoda is the most overrated and stupid character in the entire star wars franchise. him even being a great fighter goes against the entire point of his character and personality. i will never accept him being a "great fighter" as canon. thats silly and stupid. its as stupid as the movie "Batman and Robin" where george clooney pulls out a bat credit card. when yoda pulled out a lightsaber and started jumping around like a cartoon frog my childhood died.

What do you mean Yoda's overrated? He lifted an X-wing with his mind! He was Grand Master of the Jedi Order. Size matters not remember that?

Vader.

because he's vader.

Why wouldn't Batman have a credit card? :p I mean he has everything else on his belt.

Why wouldn't Batman have a credit card? :p I mean he has everything else on his belt.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a few gift cards on him too. :p Batman walks into Walmart. "Hey, I got a 50 dollar gift card. I would like 50 dollars worth of leather, my cape isn't looking so good. :D

Edited by Aurbere