Considering "naga" mouse. Help?

Solaras

Got the Naga when this game came out after using one at a SWTOR demo at Game's con thing.

It's awesome. Took a while to get used to it, but it comes with trainer stickies so you can find certain keys easier. But give it a week or two and it becomes second nature.

I tried playing on my brothers laptop once without, was awful in comparison :(

I too have the Naga standard ed. and yes it's too small. I'd spend the extra bucks and get the elite edition were I to do it again. It's got swappable (larger) grips and the top two buttons are accessible. And I hate using the Naga for anything but SWTOR, Rift and WoW.

The OP mentioned the Naga Hex, which could be a good one. 1-6 plus key bindings seems like it would work for a number of game-types out there right now.

The hex is a bit easier to learn than the full 12 button pad. But, the 12 do come in hand once you get to higher levels, and have more abilities to fire off. Reaching 1-6 is simple. As previously pointed out, the others are a bit more difficult, and I sometimes miss the button I want. I find 10 - 12 have gotten simpler, since they're just 'bottom row'. 7 - 9 are still real iffy. I put lesser used powers there ( long cooldown stuff ), and generally just use onscreen button mouse clicks for those.

I'd rate the Naga as a 7/10 for value. I'd go higher if the buttons were a bit larger.

I'd rate the Naga Hex as a 8/10 if you can live with just 6 buttons for powers, and 7/10 if you frequently use more than 6 buttons for powers ( raid / pvp player ).

Special mention: For the dedicated healer, either of these make 'Heal spamming' incredibly easy. There's just a couple of things you want to spam as a healer, and these let you set that up very easily. Any extra buttons left over can be bound to debuffs, offensive powers.

Razer is making a 'Lefty' version of the Naga. I'd love to see a 'Man Hands' version, with a keypad that's just a but bigger, and / or has a bit more separation between buttons.

I love my naga, and I have pretty big hands.

Honestly using a mouse and naga are perfectly compatible. We have so many different abilities that there are more than enough to fit both keyboard and mouse. I personally have all my different targeting options on my mouse, as well as all my different heals and strafing keys, whereas all my offensive and defensive abilities are mapped to my keyboard.

That way when I'm in "attack mode" I'm using my keyboard, and then using my mouse for PVP/PVE healing. It's a good way to keep from getting confused.

Also when you buy the mouse, you get little stickers to put on the keys that raises them, making it easier to learn. I recommend the full 12-button one, myself.

Trust me ... Get a Cyborg M.M.O. 7

I have had 3 different naga's and tbh they all felt uncomfortable, buttons are really hard to press unless u have small fingers, then if u have small fingers/hands u wont be able to reach all the bottons. u cant win

As soon as i got the Get a Cyborg M.M.O. 7 i noticed a difference so much more comfortable, it is without a doubt the most comfortable mouse ive ever used even though it dosnt look it. and the button setup is "pure goodness" fully programable easy to reach everyone, i just cant say enoiugh good things about this mouse

Just get it u wont regret it :)

Get a Cyborg M.M.O. 7

Way more customization and TONS more buttons/features. The num pad on the side of the Naga sounds good on paper, but unless you have girly thumbs it's a waste. I have a Naga and regret it. I used a friends M.M.O. 7 and the difference was night and day. The Cyborg mouse is way more ergonomic in that you can customize the fit and wieght and button placement is on spot. the thumb num pad is nothing more than a gimmick. Naga is a waste of money.

Disagree. I have normal sized hands... I bought the naga without plans of actually using it for a MMO. I now can not see myself playing a MMO without it. In addition to all the keybind I have, it essentially gives me 2 more bars of quickslots, so now on this game, I have 4 quickslots that I have trained and can hit instantly. 0 clicking = win.

Honestly if u have a naga but u havnt tried the Cyborg M.M.O. 7

u cant say if the naga is better or not.

I have had the standard naga, naga epic & Swtor naga ...

Then i got Got a Cyborg M.M.O. 7 such a noticeable difference is confort & i just feels like a better mouse

Save ur money & Get a Cyborg M.M.O. 7 Imo ... believe me u wont regret it

Trust me ... Get a Cyborg M.M.O. 7

I have had 3 different naga's and tbh they all felt uncomfortable, buttons are really hard to press unless u have small fingers, then if u have small fingers/hands u wont be able to reach all the bottons. u cant win

As soon as i got the Get a Cyborg M.M.O. 7 i noticed a difference so much more comfortable, it is without a doubt the most comfortable mouse ive ever used even though it dosnt look it. and the button setup is "pure goodness" fully programable easy to reach everyone, i just cant say enoiugh good things about this mouse

Just get it u wont regret it :)

I got this mouse before the naga epic. Returned it straight away, its clunky, feels odd and has terrible build quality. But this is just my opinion

I had the standard naga but I couldnt hit 7 - 12 buttons still liked the mouse though. When the naga epic came out I got that which is a bit larger or maybe they fixed the button placement a little I am not sure but I have no trouble hitting all 12 buttons now. Handed the standard over to my girlfriend and she can hit all the buttons fine so everyone got an upgrade :)

I will say now and then the epic kinda has a brain fart and I have to switch from wireless mode to wired for a moment but I don't mind much since it happens so rarely.

Yeah thats one of the many problems ive had with all my naga's

For no reason at all wired or wireless.. the mouse would just die and usualy at the most Inconvenient time pvp/raids ect & i would have to go round the back of my pc & unplug then plug back in .. kinda of anoying

And it would happen abit at least once a day

Also used to get sore hands using the naga mouse also but not with the Cyborg Mouse... go figure