Merc PVP - Video

rotatorkuf

Completely raw capture of a FULL voidstar warzone.

Skip ahead if you don't want to waste 15 minutes (who would?).

Just wanted to show what is capable with good gear and if played well enough.

This was capped earlier today, scoreboard is at the end of the clip.

Enjoy.

FYI, damage is 510k, and I can usually top the charts, and this is not a how-to video, just showing what kind of damage output you can have. Still wish we were more survivable/group buffs.

Edited by rotatorkuf

After watching 3 min, I saw how bad you play merc. I'm not sure what you are trying to prove there. Pyro suck and if i have to switch to pyro because Bioware are brainless developpers who don't realise how broken merc are, then I would rather quit this game and look for something that makes more sense. Guild War 2, here I come.

After watching 3 min, I saw how bad you play merc. I'm not sure what you are trying to prove there. Pyro suck and if i have to switch to pyro because Bioware are brainless developpers who don't realise how broken merc are, then I would rather quit this game and look for something that makes more sense. Guild War 2, here I come.

edit: lol, nevermind

Edited by rotatorkuf

So I watched the video (its Voidstar) and I don't think he is playing Merc Pyro badly. Some observations:

1) At the start of the video he got owned right away by a PT Pyro (Sobeast). I don't consider this evidence that he is playing badly because PT Pyro is a much stronger class than Merc Pyro.

2) After that, he respawned, targeted Sobeast and killed him because Sobeast didn't attack back and was busy attacking someone else. See, this is evidence he knows what to do as a Merc Pyro! Merc Pyro is all about getting lucky and have enemies not pay attention to you.

3) After that, he does a reasonable job of continuing to dps while no one attacks him. Once the door breaks, he does a nice move to destealth an enemy Assassin. Sure he can't kill the Assassin until 2 of his teammates join in attacking the Assassin, but that's to be expected after all. He correctly switches to attempting to defend the other bridge controls where the enemy finally begins to shoot at him, at which point he dies rapidly. Again, that's not evidence he is a bad Merc Pyro, just that he is a Merc Pyro.

4) At the second set of doors, he has a pretty good sequence using LoS breaks against an Arsenal Merc, but I don't like how he eventually moves far away from the doors he is supposed to be defending. The attackers aren't able to take advantage of this but figuratively and literally speaking, he left the door open.

5) Once his side starts to attack, he correctly stops to help his teammates gang an enemy that has wandered too far away from the doors. That leaves the door unguarded. It is at this point that he makes his biggest mistake in the match. Rather than using Jet Boost, he uses Electro Dart to stop newly spawning enemies from intercepting his teammate planting on the door. As there were two enemies charging towards his teammate, one of them got through and stopped the planting. Over 6 minutes of attack time are wasted before his team gets another plant.

6) After the Electro Dart mistake, he once again does a decent job dpsing while virtually no one attacks him. There is some comic relief here as a really bad enemy Marauder makes several cameo appearances in the video. How bad is he? A couple of times he Force Charges the Merc Pyro and then runs away. Once he Force Charges the Merc Pyro and then at a range of 1 meter, runs AROUND the Merc Pyro a full 360 degrees while not attacking. These are the numberless hordes of Marauders that keep Marauder meta averages down and ensure further Marauder buffs are in the cards.

Overall, I think he does a pretty good job of dpsing, but is a bit lacking in objective based gameplay.

Edited by Macroecon

Over all not terrible. I highly suggest unbinding S key. I saw you hit it a few times and stutter with it like you knew you hit it and were mentally smacking your self. My only problem with pyro merc and its with the whole AC class is your overalll WZ dmg is nice. But when it comes time to put someone in the GY it just feels lack luster. You just look like you are softening them up for the team. That has its role but just doesn't feel very merc like. Edited by Exzileforgotten

I struggle with my alt decision as of now. I like the merc play style but pyro for pyro PT is clearly better.:(

Yes, if only because of flame burst and 90% armor ignore rail shot.

Over all not terrible. I highly suggest unbinding S key. I saw you hit it a few times and stutter with it like you knew you hit it and were mentally smacking your self. My only problem with pyro merc and its with the whole AC class is your overalll WZ dmg is nice. But when it comes time to put someone in the GY it just feels lack luster. You just look like you are softening them up for the team. That has its role but just doesn't feel very merc like.

what exactly are you talking about? i don't have my s key binded to any ability, must be shift + something

for the most part, yes, it's lacking compared to other classes dps burst (except for maybe assasin dps imo), but it is still very nice, you can kill most classes by yourself easily (if they're not being healed by an operative, and if the sorc is bad, and if no one is really targeting you, but how many other classes does this NOT apply to?)

however you do what you can with what you got, until bioware realizes ***

So I watched the video (its Voidstar) and I don't think he is playing Merc Pyro badly. Some observations:

1) At the start of the video he got owned right away by a PT Pyro (Sobeast). I don't consider this evidence that he is playing badly because PT Pyro is a much stronger class than Merc Pyro.

2) After that, he respawned, targeted Sobeast and killed him because Sobeast didn't attack back and was busy attacking someone else. See, this is evidence he knows what to do as a Merc Pyro! Merc Pyro is all about getting lucky and have enemies not pay attention to you.

3) After that, he does a reasonable job of continuing to dps while no one attacks him. Once the door breaks, he does a nice move to destealth an enemy Assassin. Sure he can't kill the Assassin until 2 of his teammates join in attacking the Assassin, but that's to be expected after all. He correctly switches to attempting to defend the other bridge controls where the enemy finally begins to shoot at him, at which point he dies rapidly. Again, that's not evidence he is a bad Merc Pyro, just that he is a Merc Pyro.

4) At the second set of doors, he has a pretty good sequence using LoS breaks against an Arsenal Merc, but I don't like how he eventually moves far away from the doors he is supposed to be defending. The attackers aren't able to take advantage of this but figuratively and literally speaking, he left the door open.

5) Once his side starts to attack, he correctly stops to help his teammates gang an enemy that has wandered too far away from the doors. That leaves the door unguarded. It is at this point that he makes his biggest mistake in the match. Rather than using Jet Boost, he uses Electro Dart to stop newly spawning enemies from intercepting his teammate planting on the door. As there were two enemies charging towards his teammate, one of them got through and stopped the planting. Over 6 minutes of attack time are wasted before his team gets another plant.

6) After the Electro Dart mistake, he once again does a decent job dpsing while virtually no one attacks him. There is some comic relief here as a really bad enemy Marauder makes several cameo appearances in the video. How bad is he? A couple of times he Force Charges the Merc Pyro and then runs away. Once he Force Charges the Merc Pyro and then at a range of 1 meter, runs AROUND the Merc Pyro a full 360 degrees while not attacking. These are the numberless hordes of Marauders that keep Marauder meta averages down and ensure further Marauder buffs are in the cards.

Overall, I think he does a pretty good job of dpsing, but is a bit lacking in objective based gameplay.

Yeah, wasn't really trying to "win" outright, but I always try to keep people off the door in voidstar, more often than not, my team wins, albeit not entirely because of my class, but because we as a team can win.

Also, this is where mercenary utility itself comes into play, or the lack thereof (merc utility).

No predation (mara)

No group damage reduction (sniper)

No friendly pull (sorc)

No guard / speed / snare-root break / stealth (sin)

No melee/range dodge/parry (op)

Truth be told i dont see you putting that much of a presure on them... it looks more like their healer had a nice day thanks to you....

Lots of tags and damage but somehow the video dont do the class justice.

Even after seing that video im still confident we have to be revamped as a class (mercenary)

The vidieo is pretty much pointless. you enjoy playing a Pyro and we are happy you enjoy it, can you play it better ? yes its clear how you frezze a bit when your attacked but can do just like anyone else when you can free cast with no one attacking you. its a voidstar match for gods sake,,easy damage for anyone to throw up besdies an arsenel merc due to the nerfs and bugs.

Other players do not like the play style of a pyro and would rather be arsenel due to its play style. trying to post a video saying " look mercs are still gods" is fail on your part because those that play arsenel should not be foreced to play a play style like pyro if they dont want to, which is what bioware is trying to do. i say screw bio ware and screw you for suporting them destroying our class at the whim's of whining crying litte turds. As i have said before atm Mercs are is the toilet tissue the president of bioware currently uses to whipe his ***. nuff said

The vidieo is pretty much pointless. you enjoy playing a Pyro and we are happy you enjoy it, can you play it better ? yes its clear how you frezze a bit when your attacked but can do just like anyone else when you can free cast with no one attacking you. its a voidstar match for gods sake,,easy damage for anyone to throw up besdies an arsenel merc due to the nerfs and bugs.

Other players do not like the play style of a pyro and would rather be arsenel due to its play style. trying to post a video saying " look mercs are still gods" is fail on your part because those that play arsenel should not be foreced to play a play style like pyro if they dont want to, which is what bioware is trying to do. i say screw bio ware and screw you for suporting them destroying our class at the whim's of whining crying litte turds. As i have said before atm Mercs are is the toilet tissue the president of bioware currently uses to whipe his ***. nuff said

lol, rage aside, i'll try to point out some things

i didn't post this under the impression "look, we're god mode dps", just posted it saying it can be relatively fun, considering how lacking we are compared to other classes

yes i have fun with pyro, more so than i do with arsenal, if only because arsenal is way too stationary (and unfortunately, not as good without a cover mechanic as snipers have)

i'm just saying, i'm not entirely okay with the current state of mercenaries, especially healing and survivability and probably most importantly, group utility....i'm just trying to point out that you can be a glass cannon as worst case scenario

You only got those numbers because noone focus'd you. Bad players.

Gonna have to agree with Night here. Pyro can put out damage just fine, yes only if you're turreting and people ignore you.

That doesn't mean the class is good, if the opposite team is smart, they'll assign one melee of any AC you the entire game and it will completely and utterly shut you down.

Though I hate that PT Pyro can apply with 100% assurance CGC and have a 90% armor ignore Rail Shot /WANT

Edited by Enkaizu

Pyro suck and if i have to switch to pyro because Bioware are brainless developpers who don't realise how broken merc are, then I would rather quit this game and look for something that makes more sense. .

I so agree with this, Bioware WAKE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MERCS ARE BROKEN IN PVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!