If 1.3 Isn't Out by May - Will You Unsub?

brentonj

For those on this thread complaning aboujt empty servers.

Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

And for me this game is only as fun as the people I play with. So if your find that your guild is full of complaints its problay not the best group of players to be playing with. I've never been to a party where all we did was complain about the party. And besides that your should realy try to complet the content before you complain about it.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm no longer subbed but because of 1.2 and the free month, i still get to play the game for 50 more days (i was paying quarterly).

i enjoy the game, even though all i do is pvp and craft. the down side for me is i'm an APAC player who can't migrate any of the toons I play because they were created after the cutoff (I rerolled on the same server to take advantage of built-up credits of 12m and gear from an old and retired main).

so now, i'm playing on a well-populated server during US time, but is dead during my playtime. so PvP queues take a long time to pop for me and questing is confined to all the solo ones.

i unsubbed, but i will come back once the transfers are available. i am willing to pay to play again with my friends.

Edited by noodlehaus

Yet another "Give me more give me more or my entire guild will quit" thread. Man I can't wait for GW2 to come out so we don't have to deal with these "people" anymore.

GW2 will only draw the PvP-Players away, there is now PvE worth noting in the game.

As you see, the OP is in a raiding-guild, so its pretty clear they will suck in PvP bigtime.

And Diablo3 isnt even a real game oO

Well, if they waited until it applied to more of the playerbase, then people would QQ that they waited too long.

No, they could of simply allowed the set bonuses for existing armor to transfer too.

Meh I already unsubbed just playing out the remaining game time during peak hours when people are actually on. I do like the game and hope its gets better so I can come back but I don't know, especially when D3 comes out.

I am going to be patient and see what they have in store for us. For now, after trying GW2 Beta and not being even remotely impressed (purely on a personal level), this is where I shall stay as it is the only MMO I have fun playing.

No, I won't be unsubbing. I did that for a month because I felt 1.2 came a bit late. Got back and everyone's in full BM gear while I'm still in champs. It was a bad decision and truthfully, 1.2 wasn't just "fluff". People DEMANDED this game came out early. I mean the game was postponed, and postponed, and finally the community demand became too much. Well...this is what they get. So the die hard fans will remain, while the MMO hoppers will go and find something else. I'm fine with that. I did it myself, and I regret it now, because SW:TOR is shaping up to become a heavy hitter in the MMO community. Most of us (myself included at times) shake our heads and say "No, it's not competitive enough, PvP mechanics suck...", etc. but the truth is, this game is ahead of the curve in so many ways. They just need to follow through and start sticking to promises. Working out the bugs, getting new end game content in, and following through on their word will put this game in the top 3 for a long time.

Cya guys have fun playing WoW with all of the other 10 year olds.

"I'M CRYING AND NOT GETTING MY WAY!!!! I'M GOING TO QUIT!!!"

please do.... were all just tierd of reading the same crap over and over again. when we all know next month you will mostly all still be here complaining about the same thing.

No, they could of simply allowed the set bonuses for existing armor to transfer too.

If it's so simple, how about you write the code for them to do this?

Because in the latest Dev Tracker or Q&A (not sure which) Bioware actually answered the question on why this implementation was chosen instead of retroactively making it possible for all gear. They explained that it was not possible for them to change these things to already owned gear for a number of reasons.

But of course, you know 100% better and know for a fact that changing the set bonuses is a simple procedure and Bioware just did not make it possible to spite the playerbase. That is a lot more logical.

Cya guys have fun playing WoW with all of the other 10 year olds.

"I'M CRYING AND NOT GETTING MY WAY!!!! I'M GOING TO QUIT!!!"

please do.... were all just tierd of reading the same crap over and over again. when we all know next month you will mostly all still be here complaining about the same thing.

Alright, alright...while we're on one side of the fence of not leaving the game, there's no reason to push others out. Besides, what game did you play that was so astoundingly better than WoW in the first place?

You've got to keep in mind that WoW spawned a whole populace of MMO players that its predecessors didn't.

I read statements like this and I really have to ask "What game did you play that was so much better?"

I'm not trying to start a battle back and forth but it really isn't the same criticism it was when people left for Tabula Rasa, Conan, Aion, Rift, etc. and used the statement to fortify their decision in supporting a different game. Every one of those games, and this is being compared to WoW still.

Anyhow, just pointing it out...

I don't know...I feel like there was some good stuff in 1.2. I'm really loving Novare Coast and I've gotten some good mileage out of the Corellia Black Hole dailies. Legacy is kind of a wash for me, since I've only purchased the mailbox, though I do want the repair droid, as well. Plus we got some new schematics, some tweaks to crafting, various improvements, gear sets that carry bonuses on the armoring mod, various economic adjustments, etc. I'm happy for now. It's a good foundation.

yip everything that should of been there since launch

And after 1.3 comes out in may? Would you then demand 1.4 come out in June? 1.5 in July?

Seriously, lower your expectations or just unsub now. You're expecting something that simply won't happen.

hmmm are u aware its bw that stated there would be new content every month after 1.2 so the expectations have been set high by bioware, nobody else.

hmmm are u aware its bw that stated there would be new content every month after 1.2 so the expectations have been set high by bioware, nobody else.

Actually.. they said they will be rolling out new patches 'month after month'. This only means there will be more stuff coming over the next months, it in no way means specifically that they will release large content patches every 30/31 days.

Maybe next month will be the 'group finder' patch, adding nothing but that.

Than the month after that, the big Legacy 2.0 patch.

Then maybe a new patch with actual new flashpoints and an extra warzone or daily area.

Etc.. Etc..

Patches month after month =/= new content every month.

Edited by Devlonir

yip everything that should of been there since launch

Seriously, there needs to be a line drawn where we say "this is the stuff that 'should' have been in at launch and anything beyond this is extra". Because at this rate we could have twice the content that was available at launch added before the end of the year and we'll still have people like this guy saying it should have been in at launch. Hell, they'll probably still say that for the first expansion. It really will never end with these people. Things weren't in at launch. Many things some considered standard at launch are here now. It's done and over with. It really is time to get over it and move on now.

As well, I really don't think that just because other things were added into a patch along with things that many felt should have been in at launch means that those other things should be considered 'missed launch material'.

Seriously, there needs to be a line drawn where we say "this is the stuff that 'should' have been in at launch and anything beyond this is extra". Because at this rate we could have twice the content that was available at launch added before the end of the year and we'll still have people like this guy saying it should have been in at launch. Hell, they'll probably still say that for the first expansion. It really will never end with these people. Things weren't in at launch. Many things some considered standard at launch are here now. It's done and over with. It really is time to get over it and move on now.

As well, I really don't think that just because other things were added into a patch along with things that many felt should have been in at launch means that those other things should be considered 'missed launch material'.

Flying Mounts on Azeroth were added in WoW at the start of Cataclysm, after the 6 year anniversary of the game.. some people said it should have been in at launch :p

If 1.3 Isn't Out by May - Will You Unsub?

Nope, i have 5 1/2 class story to do (i have two 50s and a 33), plus i haven't started EC HM yet (finish the previous tier en nightmare already) and haven't tried out RWZ. Still plenty to do.

I didn't unsub for the 12 month ICC farm, i will not unsub to a game i still have so much to do.

Well said. And if all these things had been available at launch, these same people would then still be whining about how no new content was introduced since launch.

1.2 and the rest of the "coming soon!" legacy features should have indeed been launch. There is really no other way to describe it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.