Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

If 1.3 Isn't Out by May - Will You Unsub?

brentonj

the problem is that you think if you subscribe to an mmo

you have special rights that you can demand how Bioware do his job

Wrong

You can suggest something but nothing more

why so less content is being released ?

well ask EA why this is so

They make the choices in every aspects SWTOR is being handled

Bioware is a division of Electronic Arts

so if you want to hate someone its Electronic Arts

who is responsible not Bioware

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem is that you think if you subscribe to an mmo

you have special rights that you can demand how Bioware do his job

Wrong

You can suggest something but nothing more

why so less content is being released ?

well ask EA why this is so

They make the choices in every aspects SWTOR is being handled

Bioware is a division of Electronic Arts

so if you want to hate someone its Electronic Arts

who is responsible not Bioware

You know, this kind of post .. regardless of whether or not I'm happy with the game (happy with some, mad at other bits) .. always grinds my gears.

Paying customers have the right to set their own expectations of what is value for money. And guess what? If a company doesn't meet that.. not paying further is actually the correct thing to do. It's not disloyal, it's not reactionary, it's not mean.

You pay me ten bucks for a sandwhich and I give you what you think is a bad one? Well, okay. Don't come to buy sandwhiches from me any more; go somewhere else. Simple as that.

And customers do have a right to give feedback.

Just to clarify my guild has UNSUBSCRIBED.

We don't feel this game is worth $15 a month, and we are simply not having fun anymore.

We believe the direction of the game has turned into an absolute nightmare, and are completely confident BioWare can NOT turn it around.

Nor that they have the technical ability and vision to do-so..

Some of your threads...

Game-Breaker: Companions Are Broken

Friday 4/13/11 - Has today made YOU Quit?

3 Needed Changes To Save Star Wars: The Old Republic

Hero Engine: Has It Sealed The Game's Fate Already?

Server Population is DYING!

Are you working for?

Edited by masterbason

stop trying to make people unsub... just unsub yourself and let who is happy with swtor to play!

bye

What on earth are you talking about?

All I have ever stated is that my guild (and possibly over 500,000 other players) are completely unsatisfied with the direction of this game.

Therefore we're now standing by our statement, and have decided COLLECTIVELY to UNSUBSCRIBE.

Nope. I'm going to keep playing until I stop having fun.

Me too. I wish people would stop trying to ruin the game for those still playing and go spend their time in a more constructive way elsewhere. In my naivete I thought these forums where for people that actually want to play the game.

Note to self, stay away from this subforum at all costs.

I know a lot of people (myself included) have felt like patch 1.2 was essentially fluff and features that should have been available at launch.

As such, my guild agreed last night that we're quitting unless we get new content in May. <snip>

Anyone else feeling the same regarding 1.3?

No. Nobody is. On the whole Interwebs.

I personally would LOVE to see every person who posts about quitting actually quit. Sure, the numbers might drop by a few thosand, but what a better community it would be without them. I also suspect that many people who take issue to the OP's post are a rare breed of homind often refered to as "real adults". That subset of humanity have the capacity for two things that are not in evidence within the original posting:

1) They remember other game launches realistically, without rose-colored glasses.

2) They have realistic expectations for patch release schedules

Even "totally ready" games, MMO and otherwise, lack features that groups within their respective game's community want at launch. Every game, from MPBT:S to UO, even WoW, WaR, Rift, etc. all have lots of people telling whoever will listen that this or that should have been available at release. The first few patches are full of "well 1.x.y.z is really just what should have been in release" comments.

Kindly unsub for the good of this community.

I personally would LOVE to see every person who posts about quitting actually quit. Sure, the numbers might drop by a few thosand, but what a better community it would be without them. I also suspect that many people who take issue to the OP's post are a rare breed of homind often refered to as "real adults". That subset of humanity have the capacity for two things that are not in evidence within the original posting:

1) They remember other game launches realistically, without rose-colored glasses.

Even "totally ready" games, MMO and otherwise, lack features that groups within their respective game's community want at launch. Every game, from MPBT:S to UO, even WoW, WaR, Rift, etc. all have lots of people telling whoever will listen that this or that should have been available at release. The first few patches are full of "well 1.x.y.z is really just what should have been in release" comments.

most of us HAVE unsubbed. we just have a bunch more play time due to our misplaced trust in Bioware. I guess i could have gone the way of RuQu, and just abandon ship completely.

and it's more than "a few thousand". it's actually FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND.

and if you don't think it's going to be at least another FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND less by next quarter report, i've got a lot of great deals on bridges i can make you.

This "community" you speak of, has lost well over 400 THOUSAND PLAYERS. And yet you continue to live in denial that there aren't serious issues with the game (among a host of problems).

Interesting...

Edited by brentonj

I would stay but the server were my full WH gearded lvl 50's are atm has about 30 ppl on line in prime time and that is including both factions. so no im not staying... actually i still have 1 month left of sub and im not even loging in...

Its kind of boring loging in just to sit down in the Imperial Fleet chating in general with the other 5 guys on line then log out after 30 min waiting for a wz to pop.

there is a free application for that, its FREE, and its called MSN.

Edited by Clawrod

We talked about staying IF the game went Free to Play.

It was agreed upon that the regardless of the payment, the game has nothing left to offer for the majority of gamers.

i'm torn on this.

i'm currently living on borrowed time (sorta). i subbed for 6 months, and with the extra month, i've got quite a bit of time left, even though I'm unsubbed.

as i'm typing this though, i'm sitting on Voss, in front of the pilgrim tablet, still laughing my *** off everytime someone runs by and clicks the tab. our raid with dulfy's guild isn't for another 2 hours. no one is talking in general, nor in guild chat.

however, i still enjoy the limited raid we do. yeah, it's simplistic, and yes, WoW raid would actually be better, but my friends are still around, so i raid with them in THIS game.

yes, none of them are actually IN SWTOR until minutes before raid, because they're all playing D3, but we're all on mumble, yapping well before the raid starts.

so, I still "play" the game, but i think the bottom line is, the actual game has very little to do with my choice of game, it's the people.

maybe BW will finally realize this too, and make the game much more community / player friendly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.