BH Merc may have some hope

Uzzzi

I am not real happy with our straight DPS on one target but when you take into acount our DPS on a group of players I think it is very high. Shooting a target dummy is only giving us a small picture of what we can really do with Merc. If the Devs could add another type of target dummy (probably 3 - 5 near each other) we would out DPS any class (expect powertech once again) Anyone else see it that way?

No, because it only matters single-target, or in pvp. Anyone can clear trash...

I agree with you that it definitely lowers our usefulness and probably doesn't fit in with the dual wielding blasters look. But in any case I would like to see another type of target dummy setup and see how we compare to other classes.

I am not real happy with our straight DPS on one target but when you take into acount our DPS on a group of players I think it is very high. Shooting a target dummy is only giving us a small picture of what we can really do with Merc. If the Devs could add another type of target dummy (probably 3 - 5 near each other) we would out DPS any class (expect powertech once again) Anyone else see it that way?

I aoe plenty in warzones. We aren't the best dps class not by a long shot.

You realize that Marauders have an AoE that they can cast 5 times as often as BHs can cast DFA, right? One that is instant cast instead of channeled. One that can be talented to do as much damage as DFA on a normal (non-critical) hit. And if talented properly actually has a 100% chance of a critical hit.

No, you didn't know that.

Marauder dps against multiple clustered target dummies would be a MULTIPLE of BH Merc dps. And yes, they also do more single target dps.

Edited by Macroecon

BUT you have to build focus for those... and you have to be specced into 1 tree for big aoe slams and ANOTHER tree for the single target. Not both at the same time...

have u played marauder... you could spam all day so ezy to build up...

You realize that Marauders have an AoE that they can cast 5 times as often as BHs can cast DFA, right? One that is instant cast instead of channeled. One that can be talented to do as much damage as DFA on a normal (non-critical) hit. And if talented properly actually has a 100% chance of a critical hit.

No, you didn't know that.

Marauder dps against multiple clustered target dummies would be a MULTIPLE of BH Merc dps. And yes, they also do more single target dps.

Never played Marauder so I have no idea about that and believe me im not a fanboy of Merc. If anyone asks me which advance class to pick for BH I always say Powertech.

BUT you have to build focus for those... and you have to be specced into 1 tree for big aoe slams and ANOTHER tree for the single target. Not both at the same time...

Are you seriously claiming that Rage Marauder does less single target damage than either Merc dps? On a single test dummy typical Rage Marauder dps is 30% higher than Merc dps.

And Marauders specializing in the other trees can easily talent up their Smash to do as much damage as DFA because Decimate is a tier 1 talent. And cast it 5 times as often as DFA. And have even more single target dps. And be the best team buffer in the game. And have the best defense abilities in the game.