WHERE to meet when TRANSFERS hit EU servers.

NinjaApacHe

Hello folks! So let's start talking on which server to target to have characters transferred to. I will start advicing you all not to make a major transfer on ToFN or RE, if not you will face the same situation of EA days, when to get into the game you had to wait for hours.

People who are ready to transfer are, usually, people in love with the game, consolidated, and really working on their future on ToR. So to get satisfaction to our expectations we have to join altogether a server that can assure a good starting playerbase, becoming with our new arrivals a heavy load server but not a long queue one.

My advice is to target the second populated server for the category you aim to (PvP, PvE).

I will propose for PvPers to transfer to "Legion of Lettow", and for Pvers "Nightmare Lands".

If you think it is a good idea spread the word around and let's start levelling alts there.

Edited by NinjaApacHe

I think it should be a small number of servers, not just one per type, other wise you will have just one overcrowded (with queue times and all that woe).

I really do not want to disperse the crowd again and find myself in 2 months in the same situation I'm in now (maximum 30 people on the fleet and 1-5 on planets), for this reason I suggest to target one server.

as only a very very tiny fraction of players read or post on the forums I think any discussion or decisions made here on the matter will amount to nothing

I do not know how other guilds work, but mine has people like me who address important news or posts from the official forums on our own one. I think this is usual, so no I disagree. Words here are very important.

I would be very surprised if there was any real kind of choice, if they are dumb enough to stick to the 'transfers' concept rather than merging servers, its going to be a mess, at best it will work out for those in the first wave who get to move with their friends to servers with decent populations.

I honestly do not see them opening up transfers on a freedom of choice or a free from cost basis. Balancing subscribers across servers (servers or shards being a fatally flawed concept in this day and age) is a huge problem, if it were only as simple as considering the playing population it would still be a huge problem.

BW need to get a proposal, timeline and plan out into the public domain very soon, right now the one thing sure to kill this game is BW, nothing else can be more deadly than a service provider who has failed to understand their problem.

I just don't understand why they don't just pick a few adequate servers, say 4 of the top, and start plonking the small servers onto them. Oh yeah, people are touchy about their names .... "oo but i spent all day and night thinking up this name". Panzies.

I think they should do what Rift did and give everyone free transfers every 7 days. This seems the best way to go so you dont get stuck on an over popuated or under populated one. Also i think they need to cutdown the amount of servers or at least close them for a few months so we can get a good group of about 5 or 6 servers with good populations. I cant imagin the EU playerbase needs more than say 4 PVP , 4 PVE, 1 RP-PVE and 1RP-PVP.

And i hope they do this before the End of MAY!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes::wea_03: