Early access invite e-mail: Let's figure this out!

Locustone

Thanks for sharing! I don't use twitter so I guess I was in the dark about this.

heh np & me either, but I've seen the references so I read them from time to time (I thought I linked it wrong, usually people link a specific "tweet" but I have no idea how to do that)

/twitter_ig'nant

and for what it's worth, they also seem like every 2 hours the waves hit.. so expect another blast in about 30 minutes.

Edited by Thannate

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm normally not one to complain but the official announcement says in order of pre order redemption. I redeemed mine on the 28th and I'm not in. Assuming no leg-pulling, this is unacceptable.

Maybe they are cherry picking people then, who knows. I can't imagine they aren't letting friends in first--even though they probably won't admit it....

Redeemed 10/22, no invite as of 11:32 AM PST

I beleive we have seen as far as 7/29 on the redemption Q for invites so far...

While I am cool and understanding with them staggering invites so the login servers aren't clogged, it would have been so much simpler to state up front "if you preordered between X and Y, you get in today. If you preordered between A and B, you get in tomorrow."

Its the unnecessary sense of mystery that is annoying people, and understandably so.

Edited by solidus_snake

It would be nice if Bioware would just post what pre-order dates relates to when you will get into the early access.

i.e.:

Preordered July 21 - Aug 21 >> Early Access in Dec 13

Preordered Aug 22 - Sep 22 >> Early Access in Dec 14

Preordered Sep 23 - Sep 30 >> Early Access in Dec 15

Preordered Oct 01 - Oct 15 >> Early Access in Dec 16

Would that not clear up a bunch of questions?

It would be nice if Bioware would just post what pre-order dates relates to when you will get into the early access.

i.e.:

They want flexibilty to increase or delay, but whatthey coudl do is list teh dates involved in the batches.

i.e.:

These kinds of ideas make TOO much sense to adopt... I can only assume that if they did this, and did not deliver it would be messy, and people who ordered one day after a posted 'window' would make it messy "Why am I in the next group".... though I agree with you completely, there HAS to be a decent reason, it can't be because they are oblivious . . . . I hope.

These kinds of ideas make TOO much sense to adopt... I can only assume that if they did this, and did not deliver it would be messy, and people who ordered one day after a posted 'window' would make it messy "Why am I in the next group".... though I agree with you completely, there HAS to be a decent reason, it can't be because they are oblivious . . . . I hope.

Awful - they did the first week of pre-orders and they are finishing at 12:30 PST ?... wow how disappointing. thanks for the update.

ANY CHANCE on giving us a number of invites so we can try to guesstimate? ... like "Thanks and good luck to those 100,000 players for day 1. (should I take back my wasted vacation day tomorrow, will be 10x worse sitting around home alone while wife is at work and nothing to do but spam 'refresh' on gmail).

Edited by Thannate

i.e.:

this wouldn't help at all, July 21 -23 have most number of pre-orders, thats why its taking most time, acording to twitter itshould take longer period range soon, so even a whole week of preorders willbe possible in single wave.

They can't just say "today we will invite everybody who pre-ordered in july"

You should see this from other point as well, of course there are people who will get acces faster, but imagine what would happen if everyone would be able to log in at same time. 500-2000 Sith warriors/jedi knight/whatever hunting to get 1 quest item wchich spawn aproximelly 10s each. you would be loged in but unable to do anything anyway. And thats not all, there are queues to log in, server limits of players online, server stability. And imagine what would happen with your PC if 2000 player pop up on screen at same time....

Edited by Kaziuczen

Official response:

Hey everyone, good morning and welcome to the first day of Early Game Access for Star Wars: The Old Republic!

We're granting access based solely on when people's pre-orders were redeemed, and we're going to be granting it in 'waves' - large batches of emails and game entitlements that will go out over the course of today (and tomorrow, and the next day, and so on).

I'll be updating this thread (and this post) as we send out more 'waves' of invites.

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

That's about as specific as we're going to get right now. However, as we send more waves I'll update this thread/post with more information. Thanks for your patience - we know it's been a long road, but you'll be playing before too long.

Update: Wave 3 was just sent.

Update: Wave 4 was sent approximately noon CST. (Apologies for delay.)

Update: Wave 5 - the final wave for today - was sent at approx 1:30PM CST.

More invites will be sent tomorrow (Wednesday).

Stephen Reid | Senior Online Community Manager

Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook

[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Damn you Gamestop! My original receipt didn't have a code...so I had to go back and get one a day later...so my 7/30 date of submission caused me to miss out on a day of extra, bonus, early access.

Damn you Bioware for not only offering Early Access...but extra, bonus Early Access.

I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow and start my quest to find the final resting place of OPOD...

Why a final wave already? How many servers are up? And how restrictive are we being with how many people you let on per server? I'm thankful for the early access but I am sure there are going to be alot of upset people especially stopping the waves of people this early in the day.

I will not flame letting players in in waves, but for god sake, why we need to way till 8am to get next wave ready? its only 2pm if i count it properly....

This is time, when most players will start playing, in Europe its around 8pm right now (depends on country, in poland its 9) so the time when most of guild will do their PvE activity.

If Bioware will not manage with number of players now, i don't know what will happen after 20th when everybode will be able to play...

Edited by Kaziuczen