Anybody else bored with this game?

RemyDMartin

I'm bored of the difficult level grind and having to go through all the areas over and over again on alts just so I can experience the other class stories. This game really needs heirloom to give a big xp bonus with strong stats to make the grind easier for people that are going to level all the classes. I'm tired of being under leveled and being forced to slowly grind mobs so I can do the quests.

Agree not to mention the fact they nerfed the pvp leveling exp to credit ration horribly so now its worse than ever to level without going through the same old stuff...

Also...legacy bleh. Why do they tell us "you earned it" but then making us pay in game credits to use the benefits....dumb.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is the same. A better looking wow clone,with a ******** of bugs and other frustrating issues which are not addressed. Laggy, buggy and low populated. --->Unsub

Ofcourse al the best to the people that really enjoy the game. I wish i could say the same, but i expected better...well,at least "launch"ready.

Everything is the same. A better looking wow clone,with a ******** of bugs and other frustrating issues which are not addressed. Laggy, buggy and low populated. --->Unsub

Ofcourse al the best to the people that really enjoy the game. I wish i could say the same, but i expected better...well,at least "launch"ready.

Hah !a spoiled player. Dont get me wrong right now swtor is inferior to WoW. But WoW has nearly 10 years of continued development. Trust me when i say that WoW was a piece of crap when it was released. If Bioware does it right however it can easily outshine WoW after a while. Perhaps you will return when bioware ads more content.

I been playing since early launch...

"bored" ? I'd say no, at least not yet.

Does it sometimes.... a lot of the time feel repetitive? oh yes!

But then I remember back to the days first playing WoW.... it was worse!

There were no BG's in the game yet, if you wanted a break from the quest grind ya headed to South Shore and started crap to get others motivated to join you.....

So yeah I hear ya.... repetitive it is sometimes... but what has me NOT bored is that I've only got 2 50's so far, many alts... and basically have only been playing imp side.... I've got an OP in the process of leveling then I still have the majority of pub side to try out.

I'm playing it like it's KOTOR 3.... and giving them time to work stuff out.

IF this wasn't still new and basically the way it is now is the way it was meant to be and they didn't intend on doing anything to improve then yeah.... I'd be un-sub'd faster then you....

but it's still a new game.... compared to 'that other mmo' swtor is actually ahead of the game if you look back to 'that other game' at this stage of release.

im happy cos im a starwars fan and can playstarwars every day now lol:p

LOL same... Was soooooo waiting for Kotor 3 and was super super mad when I found out there would be no Kotor 3 they were going to pull a 'warcraft' "NOOOOOO!!!!@!@" but swtor feels like kotor cept better.... WoW never felt like warcraft but better....

so the way I figure it.... I'm playing Kotor the never ending story now..... and am happy too! :D

Hah !a spoiled player. Dont get me wrong right now swtor is inferior to WoW. But WoW has nearly 10 years of continued development. Trust me when i say that WoW was a piece of crap when it was released. If Bioware does it right however it can easily outshine WoW after a while. Perhaps you will return when bioware ads more content.

Really wow was a piece of **** when it was released?.

Was swtor released at the same time?

No. If they actually had a couple of brain cells bang together they would of looked into this first. to see how they could make it different and how to learn from another companies mistakes.

I been playing since early launch...

"bored" ? I'd say no, at least not yet.

Does it sometimes.... a lot of the time feel repetitive? oh yes!

But then I remember back to the days first playing WoW.... it was worse!

There were no BG's in the game yet, if you wanted a break from the quest grind ya headed to South Shore and started crap to get others motivated to join you.....

So yeah I hear ya.... repetitive it is sometimes... but what has me NOT bored is that I've only got 2 50's so far, many alts... and basically have only been playing imp side.... I've got an OP in the process of leveling then I still have the majority of pub side to try out.

I'm playing it like it's KOTOR 3.... and giving them time to work stuff out.

IF this wasn't still new and basically the way it is now is the way it was meant to be and they didn't intend on doing anything to improve then yeah.... I'd be un-sub'd faster then you....

but it's still a new game.... compared to 'that other mmo' swtor is actually ahead of the game if you look back to 'that other game' at this stage of release.

Also playing it like KOTOR III. Loving the game myself, I just don't understand the whining.

The game has slowed down a bit for me, but I'm not bored with it. Taking my bounty hunter from 1-50 was completely awesome, I loved pretty much everything about it. PVP from 10-49 is always fun for me, and while New-50 PVP was kind of depressing when I first got to it, with the changes they made to WZ rewards I am having more fun and slowly making my way up to BM. I don't run the daily missions every day, but I do a few times a week for money. I've only done a few ops with my guild but had a great time doing them, I have a lot to look forward to in that area. I'm working on 4 alternate characters (the highest is 30) and while their progression isn't quite as exciting as my first character, it's still very fun playing in new ways.

I've finished the "NEW MMO OMG" rush that was present during my first character, but there is still plenty that I want to do, and I have fun every time I get on.

I Haven't logged in 1 week or so and I know won't thing for sure: I won't be here when the free month ends and I got no idea if I will ever return. My server is near dead and I am sick o dailies. I see no reason to log.

I won't leave this game for GW2 and I am not sure if TSW will save MMO for me. Since I gave up Anarchy Online all mmo's have been a huge Let down: TR, CO, ... Rift and now Swtor. I think I will be back to single player game..of Wait after ME3 I don't even know if SP game worth my money anymore... Pirate games seem the only safe thing to do.

Bored? Yes, a little. Am I surprised? No. I knew going in that this wasn't going to be the end all be all experience that so many thought it was going to by due to a lot of hype pre launch. My opinion is that the game will only get better through time. I'm sticking it out so I can see what they have planned over the horizon. I think that alot of people get bored due to the fact that they haven't yet put features into the game that they were expecting sooner. This is not really a bad thing. It just means they want the features they add to be as good as they can get them. It dont always come out perfect, but we'll just see what happens. I still have my fingers crossed. If it don't pan out by the end of the year, then I'll probably give Tera a try. Edited by Prenavo

The problem with this is game is that there's is no LFG tool. So when you reach 50 you'll almost certainly waste 1-2 hours on the fleet trying to get a group going. And most of the times, you won't be able to find a group.

This ^^

Not sure whether a LFG tool would help since you need players on the servers for it to be any use. First time I hit 50 it was fine, I could group up with people I knew or find a random public group. I have played two others up to 50 for their class stories but my options to group with people seem to have taken a nose-dive during the levelling process.

I found it very difficult to find enough people online to do the Heroic 4 quests so they got left until I could solo them, and now I haven't managed a Hard Mode Flashpoint in a week or so as either a tank, dps or healer role. I could try out a few more of the other Advanced Classes but when I try to play them I get disheartened knowing that the process up to 50 will not involve the flashpoints which I like and will end up with sitting in Imperial Fleet hoping to spot a HM FP group that now seems to never happen for me.

Either in general less people have been playing recently on my server or they just aren't interested in the Flashpoints outside of guild groups. Bit difficult to find new people to play with if you can't find any groups in the first place. I could reroll to another server but I think that might be a bit extreme. Just hoping the populations get a little better when I come back to the game. I would love to stick it out longer as have a free month to use up but there is very little to do after 5 months with this one.

Edited by Deranger

I've found myself getting a little bored with it. I don't think it's ALL swtor's fault though. I, like many people I know, are just getting burned out on MMO's. But one main thing with me is I don't feel like I live there. I LIVED in Azeroth. It was a real world with real people I lived among. Here, I'm just a dude who occasionally sees another dude.

I've been bored since 3 months ago.

Problems that caused this are:

1) Too many damn servers. BW made the mistake that all new MMO's are making they are making ENTIRELY too many servers at launch so people don't have to wait in queue. I personally don't give a crap if I have to wait for 20 mins for the first 2 weeks the game comes out, as long as when the newness wears off I am on a healthy server.

2) Poorly assigned servers for guilds that registered. My guild for example was put on a server that of the registered guilds was, 47 Republic and 234 Empire guilds. That is a huge faction imbalance before anyone even rolls a toon on a server at all.

3) Because of reason 1 there is a dire need for server mergers. It is taking far too long for them to do this.

4) BW made the HUGE mistake of overly catering to the casual player. So much so that both the 1st tier of PvE and PvP gear was not even ever used. In the case of PvP that gear does not even exist anymore.

Making the game for casual players is fine, but you can only do that when you have the content in game to handle it.

5) Space is an utter joke, and I started numerous threads telling them to remove it from the game before release and introduce it in an Xpac or patch properly. Much like SWG did.

6) The utter lack of alien species. One of the biggest selling points to playing Star Wars is playing an alien race. In the current game you playing as either a blue human, red human, green human, a human with metal bits clinging to their face, or get this a human.

Jawa, Wookie, Trandoshan, Droids, Ewoks, Gammoreans, and a plethora of other alien races should have all been consider before most of the current lot.