The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SIMPLE ANSWER PLEASE can i get purple crystals on republic side?

JointMaster

can i get purple crystals on republic side,

plus also im just wondering why both sides don't get all crystals seeing as we are all on the same planets we all find the same crews skills items we all walk on the same planets so why cant we find the same crystals seems stupid.. i know that sith use red and orange (purple apparently) but that doesn't mean jedi cant go find some red or orange or purple in the crystals its not like that when crystals grown they grow to be specif colors... like there isn't many colors as it is already forcing people to use certain colors just because there on a different side is stupid and annoying on your behalf..

Edited by JointMaster

Short answer: Yes!

Long answer: You can get every crystal in the game either as Republic or Empire. There are very few colors that are limited and they are not limited by faction, but by alignment. Those crystals are blue and green for Lightside and red for Darkside. Every other color crystal in the game is not restricted to anything.

Short answer: Yes!

Long answer: You can get every crystal in the game either as Republic or Empire. There are very few colors that are limited and they are not limited by faction, but by alignment. Those crystals are blue and green for Lightside and red for Darkside. Every other color crystal in the game is not restricted to anything.

False, there is no alignment requirement for the crystals you speak of.

Uhm yes there is unless i missed a patch note somewhere, but i swear i saw a crystal with restriction the other day.

You must have seen lightsaber restriction, certain lightsabers or gear can only be used by certain alignments. Color Crystals are not alignment based, my Jugg has a green saber.

You must have seen lightsaber restriction, certain lightsabers or gear can only be used by certain alignments. Color Crystals are not alignment based, my Jugg has a green saber.

Hm I guess you're right, just checked and yeah it was the Lightsaber that was restricted. When did they change it though, cause they were restricted before. (the color crystals that is)

Hm I guess you're right, just checked and yeah it was the Lightsaber that was restricted. When did they change it though, cause they were restricted before. (the color crystals that is)

Its been changed for a while, I know that the colors were alignment restricted at launch. I'm guessing early 2012 they changed it.

They were changed in patch 1.2. Now the crystals themselves no longer have alignment restriction, but some lightsaber bodies do.

Edited by Karkais

Purple schematics drop off certain world bosses, not sure which one.

And there ARE crystals only one side can get... the Black-Red and Black-Blue are side specific as you can only obtain them from the PvP/Raid vendors and they only sell black-blue to republic and black-red to Empire.

And there ARE crystals only one side can get... the Black-Red and Black-Blue are side specific as you can only obtain them from the PvP/Raid vendors and they only sell black-blue to republic and black-red to Empire.

I'm guessing those are bound immediately or else one could take the crystal and send it through legacy mail.

Incorrect

Black core blue can be obtained by empire side, but only through the PvP vendor... same with republic side for the black core red, you can also get purple crystals from the PvP vendor.

Unrelated to the quoted post, there is not a restriction on color crystals, any faction and any alignment can use any color.

To correctly answer the alignment question, that was removed in 1.5 with the addition of the custom crystal vendor on the fleets. All crystals become non alignment dependent with that patch.

we haevnt had patch 1.5 yet..

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.5/362012

under the items section, thats when alignment restrictions got removed

Edited by wadetho