The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

DPSMeter.com - World of Logs for SWTOR - World Rankings + Full-raid Analysis

beardchef

We like SWTOR a lot, but it was missing log analysis. So we worked, drank gallons of coffee, and didn’t sleep for weeks. Here is what we came up with.

Introducing DPS Meter, the first full-raid combat log analyzer

:wea_03:dpsmeter.com

It has a lot of features. Here are a few:

• HTML5 responsive graphs, tables, and tooltips
  • World rankings. Just the beginning, a lot planned.
  • Automatic log merging. And we don’t ask for your timezone.
  • No more log gathering. Just link to your raid members and they can upload their log.
  • Automatic class detection. We’re even working on talent spec detection!

Pug support:

• Anonymous no signing-up required.
  • Easy sharing When your raid is done, just send an upload link to chat.

Some of our graphs:

• DPS Graph
  • HPS Graph
  • Threat graph with a real-time threat table on mouseover.
  • Cumulative Damage

Example:

Here is an example, but it is a fail raid: http://www.dpsmeter.com/lap0lag :(

DPS Meter is now in open beta! We created a framework that allows us to always improve it, and we want your input! Please let us know below or on the DPSMeter forums if you have any feedback. Here are some experimental features we are working on:

• Sorc shield estimation
  • Overheal estimation

If you think this is good, please upvote us at reddit! http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/sugig/dpsmetercom_world_of_logs_for_swtor_world/

Edited by beardchef

This is not a third-party program. You just upload a log file :), so there is no risk of getting banned.

oh, that's great then =D

Cheers for the clarification!

can't use it, says I need to log in.

Edited by Bloodtau

Very nice!

Requests/suggestions:

- optimize to work better with various resolutions

- track largest hits

(apologize if I have missed either of these features)

Resolution optimization is something we are working on. Tracking largest hits is a good idea and we'll get it done.

I heard third party programs like this are getting peoples accounts banned. I'd like an official response from BW before I use them.

LMAO

A web site is not a 3rd party app.

Not that there is any truth to your silly banning rumor anyways.

LMAO

A web site is not a 3rd party app.

Not that there is any truth to your silly banning rumor anyways.

Maybe you should go read the forum before trying to insult people.

People are getting banned for using the MOX parse due to it accessing swtor memory files. Seriously, some people.

Maybe I didn't give it enough time, but it seemed odd that after uploading a file, it makes us select the range to be included by only looking at the little dots of encounters.

How are we suppose to know which is what?

On tortools we can look at each encounter, the time it took, and what mob was involved. Maybe I missed something obvious?

Maybe you should go read the forum before trying to insult people.

People are getting banned for using the MOX parse due to it accessing swtor memory files. Seriously, some people.

Accessing memory files? You mean the combat log, right?

What else would it be accessing, and why?

Those are not the only cheats that people are being banned for. Those are just the more common ones.

But the rumors of being banned for MOX are still just rumors.

Edited by Arzhanin
Quoted removed content

Maybe I didn't give it enough time, but it seemed odd that after uploading a file, it makes us select the range to be included by only looking at the little dots of encounters.

How are we suppose to know which is what?

On tortools we can look at each encounter, the time it took, and what mob was involved. Maybe I missed something obvious?

This logger combines any number of logs for a raid, say one for each raid member. If one of the raid members did PVP before a raid, you'll get some stuff at the front for example. This range selector helps you chop that stuff off and make the raid report clean. You can know what to chop off by the list below. As you select, you'll see the list below change. It will tell you what is being selected.

This whole process is optional, by default, all the encounters are selected.

I heard third party programs like this are getting peoples accounts banned. I'd like an official response from BW before I use them.

Just where did you hear this???

The combat log is designed for 3rd party programs to parse. That is the point of it.

No, you read the post on the forum today from someone who said his "friends" got banned for using third party log parser sites and/or programs, when what really happened is his friends got caught cheating and/or using exploits but blamed it on third party programs. Because as we have seen from the likes of Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds, if you get caught cheating, never admit it!

So perhaps we keep this on topic ladies and gentlemen :)

Any feedback possibly? Please don't be shy. We have big plans. There are a lot of data-visualization possibilities. PvP data especially has largely been ignored in MMOs. If you have a crazy or experimental idea, we would love to hear it. In the meantime, we're ironing out kinks and going through the list of more-obvious features.

I've tried this meter several times and its worked flawlessly! It gives full analysis of combat creates encounters for bosses and really shows off the nubs dps like Bloodtau who can't read let alone play an MMO without clicking their hotkeys with their mouse. I recommend this to everyone!