Why is master muheeda a human now

Davirkid

It's pretty obvious BW had voice content they wanted to use instead of Rodian gibberish. "Meeesa whinegoo, whinegoo, meegoo!" doesn't develop the character as much as they can with real voice acting, which requires a more humanoid species, or at least not a Jar Jar-like species that doesn't generally speak Basic.

It's not a conspiracy - it's a small enhancement to the game. One of the selling points for SWTOR was full voice acting, and that'd be a lot cheaper if they just recycled the same alien gibberish sounds all over the place instead of real voice acting.

It's pretty obvious BW had voice content they wanted to use instead of Rodian gibberish. "Meeesa whinegoo, whinegoo, meegoo!" doesn't develop the character as much as they can with real voice acting, which requires a more humanoid species, or at least not a Jar Jar-like species that doesn't generally speak Basic.

It's not a conspiracy - it's a small enhancement to the game. One of the selling points for SWTOR was full voice acting, and that'd be a lot cheaper if they just recycled the same alien gibberish sounds all over the place instead of real voice acting.

Have you played a republic toon lol 75% of our quest givers speek gibberish even the ones that could speak common alot of times don't..

Have you played a republic toon lol 75% of our quest givers speek gibberish even the ones that could speak common alot of times don't..

Actually, I was just complaining in another thread how horrible and tedious I'm finding the Republic storyline after finishing the Sith Warrior story and getting bored by re-rolling SI. I decided to go from Imperial to Republic.

The NPCs so far are just not as nuanced, and now come to think of it the lack of humans and real voice acting is a large factor in that. On the Imperial side, there are very few aliens, since the Empire doesn't exactly favor most alien species, and certainly not any non-humanoid species that can't speak Basic.

There is some Huttese (usually from Chiss and the odd Twilek), but nowhere near as much gibberish voicing as the Republic story. For example, the vast vast majority of Imperial officers were human and I think they invariably spoke English, usually British English, except for the few Chiss, and they were the primary quest-givers.

Maybe I wouldn't find the Gree or the ludicrous side quests so annoying if the quest givers were at least relatable, instead of annoying aliens who speak gibberish - even in the subtitled translation! Or if we're going to keep them as aliens, just use the old trick of assuming the PC is wearing a universal translator so he actually hears real voice acting. Doing it the other way just seems like cutting corners on the voice acting budget.

Doing real voice acting would probably encourage better writing. For the Republic quest, I feel like the subtitles need subtitles half the time! If fixing that means fewer Rodians, what a small price to pay.

Edited by jgelling