The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Best and Worst Things About Being a Powertech

TheOpf

Best thing...

No other class has as many abilities to use or as sparse. Melee and ranged combat able. Damage mitigation.

Jet Boost, grapple, flamers the list just goes on and on

Worst...ummm....haven't really found one yet!

Actually there are a lot more Mercs than PTs. They may not be as active these day because they are no longer a FOTM.

I played on 2 different servers, and in WZ it is rare to see 2 PTs on the same team. Actually I think there are more Vanguards than there are PTs.

on my server you are starting to see a lot more powertechs. the secret is out :(

As a vanguard here's what I wish I had and didn't have from a pt

I wish I had Rocket Punch over stockstrike, stockstrike is so anticlimactic and rocket punch is like BOOM SUCKA!

However ill keep my armor, you guys can have yours

Alot of things just jump to mind when talking about advantages of PTs. But I was really thinking about this, why this AC in particular is very appealing to me. After playing a few WZs last night I got it. It's definitely the flexibility of range. Being able to apply pressure whether you are in melee or at range (most importantly at mid range) is invaluable.

the best thing I love bout being pt is the completely mobile dps as pyro. There really isnt a need to stop moving. ever. I love being able to constantly moving. yes, we are a glass cannon but atleast we arent rooted to one spot all the time.

As a vanguard here's what I wish I had and didn't have from a pt

I wish I had Rocket Punch over stockstrike, stockstrike is so anticlimactic and rocket punch is like BOOM SUCKA!

However ill keep my armor, you guys can have yours

I got a commando up to level 13 and the attacks are just so... bland. The sfx for the HIB sounds like a squirt. Mortar Volley and the Flamethrower equivalent? Snore...

I got a commando up to level 13 and the attacks are just so... bland. The sfx for the HIB sounds like a squirt. Mortar Volley and the Flamethrower equivalent? Snore...

I remember when I made a commando and first got HIB.... it sounded/sounds SOO MUCH like a fart, and not of the funny ones... >_<

Best:

Being the second best pvp tank in the game.

Worst:

Having to flounce around with the most effeminate looking weapons in the game.

I dunno about effeminate. I think having a pistol is bad ***. Glowsticks and Cannons are like giant "ego" extensions. I dont need a big gun to show off my "equipment". Understated pistol every time

Yes the moves are very lame, trust me I cuss out my friends daily for wanted to roll repubs

Best

-Grapple i love you

-Some of the most beautyful animations and sound effects in the game

(The sound of Rail Shot never gets old)

Worst

-Heat management

-Pea Shooter pistol design

Edited by Sabredance