The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nerf bat coming with tomorrow emergency update?

Fearyn

I know they dont have all that, all at once. But they have much of it.

And to negate defensive cooldowns one just has to run away, knockback, or stun the sent/mara.

Then the cooldowns are down and he is defenseless. How is it op, just cuz you have to kite through the defenses?

Sent jumps you, pops the first one(defensive cooldown)

you knock back and run

he finds you, you fight, he pops saber ward

you run or fade out or whatever

he finds you gets back on you and pops the 99% damage reduction, you stun him. NEGATED

This is just if you are alone. Normaly there will be lots of people to waste his cooldowns.

Nothing but time takes down that bubble, I cant run as fast as you guys(or through fire), I can only stealth for 4 seconds, I cant just exit combat invisible.

I cant stop your abilities and you can stop mine...but I am OP?

That's not how it usually works. A good sent/mara doesn't use leap as their opener, they just run to you. So, knockback is countered by leap. Both classes have the same 50% slow, so sorc can't just run away (not to mention that sent/mara has a speed buff). Sorc's force speed is countered by either 2nd leap (if talented) ,or cone mez + walk back into melee range, or force choke. After all is said and done, sent mara still has stealth + walk back to target combo available if sorc somehow manages to get out of melee range. Given how much burst mara has, they don't even need to pop defensive CDs in this kind of fight most of the time.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not how it usually works. A good sent/mara doesn't use leap as their opener, they just run to you. So, knockback is countered by leap. Both classes have the same 50% slow, so sorc can't just run away (not to mention that sent/mara has a speed buff). Sorc's force speed is countered by either 2nd leap (if talented) ,or cone mez + walk back into melee range, or force choke. After all is said and done, sent mara still has stealth + walk back to target combo available if sorc somehow manages to get out of melee range. Given how much burst mara has, they don't even need to pop defensive CDs in this kind of fight most of the time.

At this is why a Marauder is not a melee class that suffers from being kited or LOSed. He's a ranged class with instas so you can't even escape his range.

At this is why a Marauder is not a melee class that suffers from being kited or LOSed. He's a ranged class with instas so you can't even escape his range.

Assuming you aren't a bad mara or sent that starts every single fight with a leap, you're basically unkitable, any sent/mara worth a damn knows this and will rarely initiate a fight with a charge as it can be used as an anti-kite tool or even a second interrupt when fighting a healer.

BW would agree with most people that sents and marauders are over powered. Because after reading this thread everyone believes sents get every ability in two of the trees.

Every sent can't break roots, every sent doesn't have a run speed buff unless transcedence is active, every sent doesn't not have a stunning light saber. Every sent does not have prescision strike. I could make every class sound OP if i start mentioning skills from all 3 trees.

How many people in this thread premade? Wear pure pvp gear that is not champion or cent? Do not back peddle? It's a group game that provides very easy conters to marauders. Adapt, move play and have fun.

Sorry Ops and scoundrals, you did get hit too hard by nerfs.

Another gross exageration...

You can root a Mara/Sent (and yes there are tons of classes that have roots) which effectively shuts them down like a stun... Someone roots a Trooper, BH, Smuggler, Sorc, Agent... bug Whup... guess what... they still can fire at least... Oh yea as many have pointed out... Roots dont affect Resolve either...

Oh but wait they have that Force Camo that can break snares.... a 4 second invs to break a snare is a waste for the most part... I personaly use it as a last ditch effort to escape only...

Another gross exageration...

You can root a Mara/Sent (and yes there are tons of classes that have roots) which effectively shuts them down like a stun... Someone roots a Trooper, BH, Smuggler, Sorc, Agent... bug Whup... guess what... they still can fire at least... Oh yea as many have pointed out... Roots dont affect Resolve either...

Oh but wait they have that Force Camo that can break snares.... a 4 second invs to break a snare is a waste for the most part... I personaly use it as a last ditch effort to escape only...

Sure they don't have any ranged skills, then why am i getting hit by flying lightsabers for 4k+?

Sure they don't have any ranged skills, then why am i getting hit by flying lightsabers for 4k+?

Assuming you are below 30% health (its their finisher like others classes have one) and also assuming they rage is built up enough... its on a 30 Sec cool down so they cant spam it either....the other throw does 1K at best and its on a 10 sec cooldown...

this is the kind of misnformation and exageration I am talking about.