Overcharge Saber

Carrera

It reduces the limit from 4.5 seconds (I believe) down to 3, which means you get a bit more heals from Force Lightning and melee strikes. It might not seem much, but it really adds up. I personally don't use it too much, I consider it part of my cooldowns and activate it when neccessary.

When in dark charge your attacks heal you every 4.5 seconds, which with 1.5 second gcd means 1 out of 3 attacks will proc a small self heal. OCS will shorten this to 3 seconds meaning 1 out of 2 attacks will proc a small selfheal. But this is the less important property of it.

But DO NOT FORGET THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!

The most important thing is that in your darkness skill tree you need to have spent 2 points on Hollow

http://www.torhead.com/ability/3yq4PYb/hollow

When you have this you get instantly healed 10% of your max health, which is a lot more heal than you get from the "increased rate of dark charge applying it's effects".

If you don't have skill tree points spent on HOLLOW then Overcharge Saber is not that useful

Edited by Eternalnight

When you have this you get instantly healed 10% of your max health, which is a lot more heal than you get from the "increased rate of dark charge applying it's effects".

Never, ever underestimate how useful this can be. Combine this with a PVP adrenal and you just healed 45% of your health. How demoralizing it can be to a Sent or Smuggler that's blown all his CD to drop your health only to see it jump back up.

Just time it with a 3 HD Force Lightning.

10% + 3% + Dark charge healing + 3% + 3% + DCH + 3%

Even funnier if you get one of your defensive CD (Force shroud in particular) active to effectively get about 25% of your health back in 3 sec.

Compared to the DPS tree, Darkness's Overcharge Saber is awesome.

Deception and Madness only get a boost to their proc damage :)

Never, ever underestimate how useful this can be. Combine this with a PVP adrenal and you just healed 45% of your health. How demoralizing it can be to a Sent or Smuggler that's blown all his CD to drop your health only to see it jump back up.

which pvp adrenal do you mean? i don't use them but i can make reusable rakata adrenals through biochem.

Im not a fan of Hollow. If you do the math on it, your dark charge heals you more then the 10% every 2mins. Can it be a life saver? Sure in a 1v1 fight, but when it comes down to being FF by more then 2 people it doesnt buy you much time at all. I put those 2 points into Endurance. More Endurance = More our FL heals us for since its based on total HPs.

Im not a fan of Hollow. If you do the math on it, your dark charge heals you more then the 10% every 2mins. Can it be a life saver? Sure in a 1v1 fight, but when it comes down to being FF by more then 2 people it doesnt buy you much time at all. I put those 2 points into Endurance. More Endurance = More our FL heals us for since its based on total HPs.

Not really, since its only 3%.

Making the quick calculation :

3 HD FL = 12% self heals

So:

0,12 x 0,03=0,0036. Lets be nice and round it up to 0,5% more healing per FL.

you'd need to cast a 3 HD FL as soon as its off the CD in order to even equal the healing done by Overcharge Saber when you invested in Hollow.

And the kicker is : Hollow also boost your absorb.

Nice uh?

Not really, since its only 3%.

Making the quick calculation :

3 HD FL = 12% self heals

So:

0,12 x 0,03=0,0036. Lets be nice and round it up to 0,5% more healing per FL.

you'd need to cast a 3 HD FL as soon as its off the CD in order to even equal the healing done by Overcharge Saber when you invested in Hollow.

And the kicker is : Hollow also boost your absorb.

Nice uh?

Im not using a shield at the moment, so I would only benefit 1800-2000 every 2mins. I wasnt comparing it to the FL heal, I was just saying the endurance HELPS with the FL healing, not to mention an extra 550-600 HP. I was comparing it to dark charge's heal. And Yes, If i used a shield then I would greatly benefit with Hollow. Im really considering going with a shield since 1.2, I am typically focused down on my server which I could deal with prior to 1.2, but since 1.2 I can really see a difference in my surv and it could be because of the 1.2 changes.

Basically, My point is if your using a focus, then Hollow isnt all that great imo.

Rakata med pack (+15% Max health) + Overcharge is a great way to save your raid from a wipe.

Between the med pack and the proc its around 8k health.

Im curious about the 8k heath. Lets say my max HP pool is 20000. 20000 x 25% = 5000 HP. I would need a pool of 32000 HP to hit a 8k heal.

All in all, with that trick of using OS + Rakata is probably worth me to spec into it again even if it is a 5k heal.

Edited by Skorpeo
mistype

Im curious about the 8k heath. Lets say my max HP pool is 20000. 20000 x 25% = 5000 HP. I would need a pool of 32000 HP to hit a 8k heal.

All in all, with that trick of using OS + Rakata is probably worth me to spec into it again even if it is a 5k heal.

then i guess it is a question of what you would be pulling points out of to get it.

I should have been a bit more detailed. With endurance stim and raid buff My Tank assasin sits at 24000 ish health.

The med pack heals on average 4300 damage. 4300Hp + (27600hp x10% = 2760) = 7060. Now it varies and im not sure what else is effecting the overcharge heal but I have seen it heal for 3500+. By 8k heal I was referring to the Medpack + Overcharge.

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Thegriss