The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I have horrible luck.....

murlo

hey all,

Wondering if you wouldn't be kind enough to offer some feed back. I have this awful tendency to roll a class and have it get nerfed when I finish my gear grind. It happened a lot to me in wow too. First class priest, nerfed hard, next class warrior nerfed harder, next class shaman nerfed. Obviously there were some buffs involved but nothing mechanics changing, and now i fear it will happen in this game too.

Right now, I play a bodyguard merc, which many of you know took a tough hit. I still play it and enjoy it, but I would like an alt that is not going to get nerfed hard right when I start getting gear with it. I have never been a FOTM reroller, but just rolled what i thought was cool. I was thinking tanksin, but some argue that is a FOTM and i don't want that to get nerf batted right when i ding 50. My priority is a pvp class with high survivability (weather that be heals/tank/dps), that is fun to play, has high utility, and is balanced so it won't get nerfed into the ground. also, I que solo quite a bit so factor that in as well. Your thoughts are appreciated!

I'd take operative heal any day, it's really fun to play and you won't have problems like other healers when a single melee's jumping on you. sadly if you change your mind and wan't do respec to damage - forget it.

Stop rerolling and just find a playstyle you enjoy.

well rerolling is part of the fun in the game, you know, leveling thru a different story, different flavor of play style, differnt profession, different roles ect ect but thanks for the input, it would be great if I could get you to weigh in on my original question though, all input is valuable.

To clarify this is not really a qq post, more of I enjoy my bh, I've been debating putting time into an alt, the nerf seems like a good time to do it.

I'd take operative heal any day, it's really fun to play and you won't have problems like other healers when a single melee's jumping on you. sadly if you change your mind and wan't do respec to damage - forget it.

thanks for the input, I was thinking about this too. but there is nothing really wrong with my bh heals. Sure they took a hit and they are the anit FOTM, but they'll get a buff sometime. So, I'm hesitant to put in the time to lvl an op for healing, but it remains one of my top options just because of the mobility of the heals, it makes my bh damn jealous.

I'd take operative heal any day, it's really fun to play and you won't have problems like other healers when a single melee's jumping on you.

Unless they know how and what to interrupt and aren't so bad as to be unable to outdamage the ~3k max on a crit per GCD Surgical Probe spam. :rolleyes:

"Operatives: We roll bads. :cool:"

"Operative healers: We troll bads. :cool:"

Unless they know how and what to interrupt and aren't so bad as to be unable to outdamage the ~3k max on a crit per GCD Surgical Probe spam. :rolleyes:

"Operatives: We roll bads. :cool:"

"Operative healers: We troll bads. :cool:"

haha I like your style, thanks for the input

hey all,

Wondering if you wouldn't be kind enough to offer some feed back. I have this awful tendency to roll a class and have it get nerfed when I finish my gear grind. It happened a lot to me in wow too. First class priest, nerfed hard, next class warrior nerfed harder, next class shaman nerfed. Obviously there were some buffs involved but nothing mechanics changing, and now i fear it will happen in this game too.

Right now, I play a bodyguard merc, which many of you know took a tough hit. I still play it and enjoy it, but I would like an alt that is not going to get nerfed hard right when I start getting gear with it. I have never been a FOTM reroller, but just rolled what i thought was cool. I was thinking tanksin, but some argue that is a FOTM and i don't want that to get nerf batted right when i ding 50. My priority is a pvp class with high survivability (weather that be heals/tank/dps), that is fun to play, has high utility, and is balanced so it won't get nerfed into the ground. also, I que solo quite a bit so factor that in as well. Your thoughts are appreciated!

There is no survivability in pvp currently except for marauder. It is a game of glass cannons and one class you can't take take with two people (marauder).

well rerolling is part of the fun in the game, you know, leveling thru a different story, different flavor of play style, differnt profession, different roles ect ect but thanks for the input, it would be great if I could get you to weigh in on my original question though, all input is valuable.

To clarify this is not really a qq post, more of I enjoy my bh, I've been debating putting time into an alt, the nerf seems like a good time to do it.

I gave you my input and you're welcome.

Classes get nerfed, it comes with the territory in mmo's. Good players will still continue to dominate regardless of nerf's or buffs. Only bad players reroll to the "fotm"

I totally agree with that at this point I'm just curious what class fits my description, because I think it would be fun to lvl an alt, and I'd like one with high survivability and high utility, I want a class that makes a difference, not puts up numbers against bads.

It could also be somewhere in your past you ganked a player that now is a BW dev and he holds this against you to this day just nerfing whatever you roll. :)

I never thought of that, it's very possible. I advocate ganking in all forms during the liking process. But please when u hit 50 please do not spend any time ganking 20s

My advice to the OP: play whatever you want regardless of whether its been nerfed or not. Eventually things even out. Someone who plays 1 class through thick and thin will be a more skilled player than another who keeps rerolling.

My advice to the OP: play whatever you want regardless of whether its been nerfed or not. Eventually things even out. Someone who plays 1 class through thick and thin will be a more skilled player than another who keeps rerolling.

I knew this info before you said it, but for some reason the way you put it hit home in a good way. You should consider opening up a motivational speaker firm or counseling firm; maybe you have a guiding aura or something. Simple, to the point and true, thanks for the feedback.