The Big hits, what's the deal?

Arox

My aim is to get the 5k Annihilator medal as often as possible. I want to know what other players either sorc/sage who have better stats and are able to obtain the 5k single hits on a regular basis. What more do I need to do?

I'm sick to death of Guardians hitting me for almost 7k. when i can barely hit 4.5k

Deathfield base damage is 1706-1777

With Adrenal/Relic base damage is 2110 -2181

Even with the Red berzerker buff i still barely reach 4.5k with it.

Spec 7-3-31 with Force suffusion (10% dmg bonus to deathfield) and Creeping death (30% crit bonus to deathfield).

My stats:

Bonus Damage 685.4

Willpower 1528

Crit Chance 29.35%

Crit Multiplier 78.14%

PvP Dmg Boost 21.07%

So basically I want to know why on earth it's so hard for me to break 5k when ive got pretty good gear, war hero, augmented on everything I can. all BM/WH gear.

why do marauders/sentinels, guardians/juggs, operatives, mercenaries.. etc etc.. all seem to crack the 5k so much easier.

Heck about 10 minutes ago a Guardian crit me for 6.8k !!

Help me out here guys im running out of ideas!!

Edited by Arox

Because pvp isn't balanced around big numbers, but overall dps. You don't need that one 5k medal to reach 8 medals.

Not so much about the medals, I just REALLY want the 5k damage hits on a regular basis. and ill try anything to get it!

It is simple, you don't. Not as sorc/sage.

To break 5k you need sentinel/marauder 15% damage buff, 15% expertise buff, relic+damage buff and a very bad equipped and debuffed target. Oh, and luck, because he is going to die before you can even think of annother try.

There is just no way to hit over 5k on a regular basis as sorc/sage.

I have 748+damage 78% surge 22% expertise and did 5.2k just once since the surge nerf.

Edited by Karenai

It is simple, you don't. Not as sorc/sage.

To break 5k you need sentinel/marauder 15% damage buff, 15% expertise buff, relic+damage buff and a very bad equipped and debuffed target. Oh, and luck, because he is going to die before you can even think of annother try.

There is just no way to hit over 5k on a regular basis as sorc/sage.

I have 748+damage 78% surge 22% expertise and did 5.2k just once since the surge nerf.

I break 5k dmg every second hit on my operative, on average. But I will not see it on my sorc, under normal conditions (not vs 0 expertise players).

My aim is to get the 5k Annihilator medal as often as possible. I want to know what other players either sorc/sage who have better stats and are able to obtain the 5k single hits on a regular basis. What more do I need to do?

I'm sick to death of Guardians hitting me for almost 7k. when i can barely hit 4.5k

Deathfield base damage is 1706-1777

With Adrenal/Relic base damage is 2110 -2181

Even with the Red berzerker buff i still barely reach 4.5k with it.

Spec 7-3-31 with Force suffusion (10% dmg bonus to deathfield) and Creeping death (30% crit bonus to deathfield).

My stats:

Bonus Damage 685.4

Willpower 1528

Crit Chance 29.35%

Crit Multiplier 78.14%

PvP Dmg Boost 21.07%

So basically I want to know why on earth it's so hard for me to break 5k when ive got pretty good gear, war hero, augmented on everything I can. all BM/WH gear.

why do marauders/sentinels, guardians/juggs, operatives, mercenaries.. etc etc.. all seem to crack the 5k so much easier.

Heck about 10 minutes ago a Guardian crit me for 6.8k !!

Help me out here guys im running out of ideas!!

You just cannot get them with sorc/sage. No-one what you hit is that crap geared in pvp.

roll a marauder then.

Marauders/Sentinels never hit 5k. I've hit 5k once or twice since launch. I know in the eyes of eveyrone we hit for 10k everytime, but unfortunately it's not the case.

Edited by Derian

If you want burst you should play a burst class, like someone mentioned already the scoundrel for eaxmple.

Sorce/Sage is good for doing amazing sustained dps, but for high burst spikes in a short time window you have picked the worng class :)

Edited by Twor

Marauders/Sentinels never hit 5k. I've hit 5k once or twice since launch. I know in the eyes of eveyrone we hit for 10k everytime, but unfortunately it's not the case.

Get better gear.

/end

Edited by Dmasterr

I think you are misunderstanding what a Sage/Sorc does at the moment with dps. Bioware intended us to DoT and then do sustained dmg on top of that, with some AoE talents. Even if deep lightning/TK turret spec we are still supposed to DoT, though less DoTs along with the nukes. Way it goes dude, you need to re-roll a burst melee dps class for PvP to get that medal. Edited by Ewgal

You could try stacking a lot of top end PvE gear for the raw increase in base stats. Of course, you will also become quite squishy as a result and geared players will mitigate a lot more of your damage if you drop your Expertise too low.

Essentially, you picked a DPS class that can no longer DPS. Reroll as an underpowered healer or a new class?

You could try stacking a lot of top end PvE gear for the raw increase in base stats. Of course, you will also become quite squishy as a result and geared players will mitigate a lot more of your damage if you drop your Expertise too low.

Essentially, you picked a DPS class that can no longer DPS. Reroll as an underpowered healer or a new class?

Sorcs can no longuer dps? lol

Sorcs can no longuer dps? lol

With the buffs to DPS and the nerfs to healing, PvP is now a burst festival. Since Sorcerers bring no burst, they don't really bring anything to the fight as a DPS class now.

You may find some on premades for the utility, but in the Starburst Wars game we currently play they aren't really a DPS class anymore since every other DPS class outpaces them in the only important factor (burst).

I've seen some Sorcs with just over 1600 willpower. You seem to be about 100 off of that mark. Make sure you're grabbing all the PvP pieces with the highest amount of Willpower available ie mixing Master, Mystic and in some cases, Stalker pieces.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.