High Res Textures a lie?

Spankyjnco

So, I know they were suppose to put them in the game with 1.2, but theres a problem.

Even with it turned on, it is still showing low res... unless of course your camera is within like 3 meters of the target.

Heres what I'm talking about. This is with ALL settings to max and simply scrolling the mouse wheel out one time.

Zoomed in all the way

Zoomed out one time

Comparison Shots

As you can see it reverts to a LOW setting, which looks LOWER than what it was pre-1.2 .

Wow..... just wow. Really? It's 2012 and this is the kind of stuff our Triple A game companies put out? ::sigh::

Edited by Spankyjnco

Think its a bug, you will always see high res textures, unless someone / something is in between the camera and object. As you can see in your picture, your character is in high res, but not the character infront of you beacuse you are between the camera and him

There are not hi res textures on the character models, they never said they were, they're improved textures not enabled hi-res textures.
Well, that may be the case for you, but it's certainly not my experience. After the 1.2 update I'm viewing the conversation models in the open world. I'd chalk up the OP's experience to a bug; I can't even force the results you're seeing, Spankyjnco.

I also see the remenants of an exploding person in your pic. So if you were piled up passing around the virus then yes I'm sure you saw a bit of a decrease in clarity b/c the game is trying to render 100 people standing on top of each other. That is the only place and time since this patch came out that I have noticed my gear not looking great since 1.2. The new level of detail on most of the gear is what people have been asking for since launch and it renders it without literally making my video card blow up. I'm pleased with this as I was in beta and know how it was when you ran the game max back then, sounded like a plane was landing inside my pc tower. Edited by solidkjames

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.