Trauma 1.3

Militum

Please remove it.

Uncork the bottle and let us heal. Give us a chance to mitigate burst damage.

At least then when (and if) my 2.2 cast heal lands it will heal for a tad more...

The only time you should be using the big 2.2 second heal in PvP is to top a person off when the heat is off. With the changes in 1.2 that big heal is just too slow to react to the speed of PvP burst. Since the changes I use healing trance a lot more and I am still tossing 300k+ in WZ's and keeping ppl up just fine as long as they dont have 3+ ppl on them, which we shouldnt have been able to do in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
trauma's fine. I just wish the debuff didn't show up on ops frames or could just be hidden when you're in pvp.

Incorrect. Trauma is NOT fine.

For one, please explain to me why I as a healer, should receive a 30% decrease to my healing ability just by being in a warzone, yet DPS classes get to attack at 100% effectiveness?

Also, since my most worst heal (dark healing) is the only one that has a fast activation time, I am often stuck with that (which is useless unless i use a relic to increase crit/surge/alac) or attempting to use innervate. The downside of innervate is that it has no burst mitigation. It is a steady heal that works well when others are healing the same target.

As of this moment in time, it is almost impossible for a sorc healer to stand up to a reasonably gear dps class. I do have expertise (over 600) which I know is not a lot, but its not like i'm walking around with all bad pve gear. I have no way of mitigating the burst damage output of BH classes and often have no chance against the stuns of an Agent.

So, justify to me why healers should effectively by handicapped in pvp. If you can.

For one, please explain to me why I as a healer, should receive a 30% decrease to my healing ability just by being in a warzone, yet DPS classes get to attack at 100% effectiveness?

PVE. We're intended to maintain tanks through boss damage, which is usually higher than player damage. (Usually)

If healers could maintain a single target through coordinated burst, they'd be completely off the scale.

Please remove it.

Uncork the bottle and let us heal. Give us a chance to mitigate burst damage.

At least then when (and if) my 2.2 cast heal lands it will heal for a tad more...

Trauma is a joke. Why in name of god do healers should suffer. I vote trauma to melee 0/

PVE. We're intended to maintain tanks through boss damage, which is usually higher than player damage. (Usually)

If healers could maintain a single target through coordinated burst, they'd be completely off the scale.

So you think that if they removed trauma we'd be able to keep a person up through a coordinated burst? Trauma was fine when expertise affected healing and damage by the same % but now that healing is gimped trauma needs to go.

Incorrect. Trauma is NOT fine.

Also, since my most worst heal (dark healing) is the only one that has a fast activation time, I am often stuck with that (which is useless unless i use a relic to increase crit/surge/alac) or attempting to use innervate. The downside of innervate is that it has no burst mitigation. It is a steady heal that works well when others are healing the same target.

As of this moment in time, it is almost impossible for a sorc healer to stand up to a reasonably gear dps class. I do have expertise (over 600) which I know is not a lot, but its not like i'm walking around with all bad pve gear. I have no way of mitigating the burst damage output of BH classes and often have no chance against the stuns of an Agent.

So, justify to me why healers should effectively by handicapped in pvp. If you can.

The problem is the current damage or lack of damage reduction not the healing output in pvp. The 30% Trauma debuff is needed, because if it wasn't there you would be topping people off too fast and thats a bad thing. It should take a while to drop someone, but it should also take awhile to top someone off. Right now, damage is coming in way too high, but bioware has already stated that the TTK in 50 PvP is too fast and that they will be changed it, probably reducing the damage % players gain from expertise.

I agree, sages/sorcs (and scoundrels/operatives for that matter) need a defensive cooldown even if damage was reduced across the board.

Don't get me wrong, right now the damage people take in PvP is stupid, but getting rid of trauma would be a bad change.

The problem is the current damage or lack of damage reduction not the healing output in pvp. The 30% Trauma debuff is needed, because if it wasn't there you would be topping people off too fast and thats a bad thing. It should take a while to drop someone, but it should also take awhile to top someone off. Right now, damage is coming in way too high, but bioware has already stated that the TTK in 50 PvP is too fast and that they will be changed it, probably reducing the damage % players gain from expertise.

I agree, sages/sorcs (and scoundrels/operatives for that matter) need a defensive cooldown even if damage was reduced across the board.

Don't get me wrong, right now the damage people take in PvP is stupid, but getting rid of trauma would be a bad change.

Good changes are:

1) BYE EXPERTISE you are a waste anyway. Even attempting to prop up the bads, you fail at your job.

2) Take a blanket trauma away from heals. Take little used DPS abilities and allow them to APPLY trauma to encourage teamwork.

:D