Unify colors not working at all

Tspawncamper

Looks like it's working for me. What do you think is wrong with what it's doing?

It is entirely possible that there will be SOME outfits from the game (especially if they're matched sets) that will not change colors at all when you unify them, because they're already harmonized together.

Remember, it isn't "RECOLOR AS CHEST PIECE" it's a sort of harmony of colors and shades that are supposed to make them look good together without simply painting everything identically.

Edited by Kubernetic

Notice the brown spot on the pants? The boots and bracers are complimenting that. The colours are 'unified' in that they don't look out of place together.

Whether or not that looks good comes down to personal opinion and Bioware won't be able to please everyone until some proper appearance customisation comes out.

The way it works is that not all gear does work with the unify colors feature.

From the gear that works, only certain areas of that gear are masked to tint / change color, while the rest of the piece will retain the original colors.

Sometimes the masked bits are small and doesn't really help much, sometimes on other gear it's the majority of the surface which works better.

That's actually a pretty reasonable color scheme. Now, if there was some random green then red pieces, I could see where the complaint is warranted. Yet, in the end, the unify colors only changes non-chest pieces to an *available* (key word: available. If the model has only one skin or color, there are no other available colors) color that does not conflict with each other and would be in a reasonable *color scheme* (key word: color scheme. Not the same color. A green chest-piece can make gloves and boots turn yellow because green-yellow is usually a good pair to match).

A perfect match is also not guaranteed.

I reckon the unify "feature" is pretty terrible to point i wonder why TF it was implemented it in the first place. I mean i even dont particularly understand the point about pieces of armour from a "set" being unchangeable because my armour isnt a full set by choice as i found a good look with various different armour components but cant unify the helm (T visor merc hat). As for the low level stuff, well why would a tramp want colour coded clothes? because thats what low level gear effectivly looks like anyway matching colours or no.

They should have took the time to implement a decent colouring system rather than this nonsense.

More like the opposite

It doesnt change at all when I unify.

Looks unified to me.

Could it be that you are already wearing a matched set, so there is nothing to change in the form of coloring when you unify???????????????

I honestly don't know what your talking about. Your gear is unified. I have had no problems with it especially since they fixed the helmets. My marauders breather has purple on it but my chest is a silver grey and it changed the purple on my breather to silver grey no problem. The system works fine so you may want to go to the eye doctor.

They are two complete different sets and different shades of colors, obviously you don't know what your talking about. THAT BROWN IS NOT A SHADE OF BLUE.

As I said earlier, it isn't about "RECOLOR EVERYTHING LIKE MAIN CHEST COLOR", and they said as much during the Guild Summit broadcasts. This is an interpretive thing. The modeling artists chose fields that would harmonize with certain colors or complementary colors in the main chest piece.

True, Brown is not Blue, but certain shades of brown look good with certain shades of blue.

In my own case, I just did this with my Scoundrel. I had a blue jacket with the red padding around the neck area and red highlights on it. When I went to "Unify Colors", it recolored the dark brown pants I was wearing into a lighter shade of brown, almost exactly like the shade of your boots.

This is working as intended. It may not give you EXACTLY the look you're going for, but it's a hell of a lot better than nothing, and it's a lot easier if you ask me than other games that require you to dredge up paints and dyes and then find a colorer, etc.

I reckon the unify "feature" is pretty terrible to point i wonder why TF it was implemented it in the first place. I mean i even dont particularly understand the point about pieces of armour from a "set" being unchangeable because my armour isnt a full set by choice as i found a good look with various different armour components but cant unify the helm (T visor merc hat). As for the low level stuff, well why would a tramp want colour coded clothes? because thats what low level gear effectivly looks like anyway matching colours or no.

They should have took the time to implement a decent colouring system rather than this nonsense.

Check again. Helmets and headgear color switching was enabled just this morning. If you have the headpiece still turned off in the "Unify Colors" panel, you aren't seeing the updated color switching for the headgear.

Looks unified to me.

Could it be that you are already wearing a matched set, so there is nothing to change in the form of coloring when you unify???????????????

This was my question. It looks pretty unified to me as well.

Unify isn't really unify, first of all, it's "match to chestpiece".

And it does indeed work just fine, but as people have noted it's not an in-your-face total conversion of the pieces, you still should strive to get a full matching set of gear if that sort of thing is important to you (too, as it is to me.)

What it does is recolor some bits so that there are areas that match to create a look that isn't an utter patchwork of different colors; before 1.2 it was common to see troopers that had red, green, yellow and blue armor pieces on at the same time for instance, that scenario would be alleviated a lot with this functionality.

It even works properly with headpieces since yesterday's patch; my Sage has a white/gold chestpiece and white pants, and unifies the rest to be gold and white, and it works fine. The headpiece is normally wine red and blue (a tiara style look) but unified it converts to gold and white (and awesome). The belt and gloves still have brown areas, however, and those don't go away even with unify - but the other color on those pieces do get unified to white and gold, and it all looks pretty spiffy.

It's working just fine to me. The feature causes your gear to match, not to become all one color. A lot of gear maintains its primary colors while the highlights change to match the chestpiece. It's not nearly as versatile as a dye system or an appearance tab, but I think it works well.

If you can call the white Voss Mystic chest piece turning all other armour a deep dark blue unified, then I dunno what to tell ya...

http://i46.tinypic.com/oqygli.jpg

That ain't unified.

It makes PARTS of it white, which is right, but it shouldn't make the rest of it that dark blue. It should make it the very light grey around the ribs and chest area on the top, if anything, since that's the second most used colour on the chest piece... Either way, the Voss Mystic robe has -NO- dark blue like what it's doing to the rest of my armour.. It just doesn't exist on the robe. There's a few thin black lines, but that's black, not blue, in case anyone thought that might've been it.

If the parts on the other armour that currently turn dark blue for no reason, just went that super light grey colour on the robe, i'd be all kindsa happy.. Not all that easy to get white armour imp side, was hoping Unify Colour would make it a bit better, but nope.. I used the one robe that unify just poops all over.

/barbie rant

Seriously....its unified. so silly to see a complaint about colors. Next thing you know, guild houses will be added and people will complain about not being able to have toilets

It's not silly at all to want to not look like a clown.

Until 1.2, it took incredible effort to maintain a cohesive look - it could basically only be done by being or being good friends with an armormech/synthcrafter. After 1.2.... well, you still need to be an armormech/synthcrafter and have a high tolerance for ugly and quantity-limited armor models but you have a little more leeway with the color matching functionality...

To some, maxing out stats and playing the game with all the enjoyment of double-entry bookkeeping is a priority - to others, having your character look really thought-through and attractive is a major thing.

If you can call the white Voss Mystic chest piece turning all other armour a deep dark blue unified, then I dunno what to tell ya...

May just be teething problems. Prior to 1.2 there was no unify, perhaps the social Voss mystic set has some design quirks (ie, some blue hidden somewhere in its guts...) that's being reflected in the other pieces.

I LOL'd at this thread.

Seriously....its unified. so silly to see a complaint about colors. Next thing you know, guild houses will be added and people will complain about not being able to have toilets

First take that snooker ball outta your mouth :D

Second, this is a character driven game, how you look is pretty important to a helluva lot of players. Getting things like this right is what bioware should be concentrating on and telling the PVP cry babies to Shut their whinging faces.

I played lowbies yesterday and I should have taken a couple screenshots of some of the unified results I got. I haven't noticed it on my higher level characters but most level -10 pants are split in half. Like the pants were light brown with colored stripes, and unifying them to a dark gray/black chest would only change the front of the pants to gray/black, and the back would stay light brown. I felt very silly like that :o