Do crit and surge rating affect my burns?

Kingopersia

Hey guys, got a simple question for yuh. I have a watchmen sentinel and I'm just starting to get my Rakata gear. I've noticed that they seem to focus on strength and power rather than crit and surge ratings. My crit rating has gone down about 3% - 4% since changing to Rakata. My question is...do crit rating and surge rating affect the crits on my burns? If so, I think I'm going to somehow find a way to get them back up. Do crit and surge mods drop in any ops or fps? The reason I'd do this is because watchmen focuses on burns and I have an ability that jacks up the crit rating for my burns so I thought I'd work on that. Please give me your input. Thanks :)

Hey guys, got a simple question for yuh. I have a watchmen sentinel and I'm just starting to get my Rakata gear. I've noticed that they seem to focus on strength and power rather than crit and surge ratings. My crit rating has gone down about 3% - 4% since changing to Rakata. My question is...do crit rating and surge rating affect the crits on my burns? If so, I think I'm going to somehow find a way to get them back up. Do crit and surge mods drop in any ops or fps? The reason I'd do this is because watchmen focuses on burns and I have an ability that jacks up the crit rating for my burns so I thought I'd work on that. Please give me your input. Thanks :)

As watchman every crit has a chance to heal you for i think some 2% of your health so if you have 18000 hp that crit can have a change to heal you for 360 hp, if you crit every 2 or 3 secs thats about 1000 hp every 3 secs so i guess yes, every crit is good

But if you are in a raid with a healer i would take power over crit since you dont need the heals so much but want to keep as much dps as possible

I did and spent like 500 k switching mods here in my gear until i felt confortable with crit and power and healing for watchman and i tend to confirm that having crit close to 30%, maybe in the 27-29 range gives me the most dps and also heals me a lot during combat even without zen (Using my combat dummies and logfile of course)

Just saying

Edited by khsolo