Need a way to change advanced classes

DonMarko

Dear Bioware, If you want to keep players here and playing this game you need to add a a way, a tool, a device, that will allow players a chance at changing their advanced class. I know most the people who come to these boards and post will have 100 bad things to say about it, but they should not have any voice in my game EXP, only I should. Just as I should have no say in theirs.

Please add this and save me from deleting a toon I already that I already have so much done on.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would vote for at least a one time only choice to change your AC at level 50.

Or perhaps, through Legacy, an easier way to level up an Alt of the other Advanced Class. Since one of the most annoying things, especially if you level the other AC, is that you're repeating the exact same content again for weeks.

or you could, you know, do some research. so sick of people who feel they are entitled to whatever they want whenever they want without having to think or plan.

To be fair though, you can research all you like but that doesn't compare to playing the class for a bit.

Dear Bioware, If you want to keep players here and playing this game you need to add a a way, a tool, a device, that will allow players a chance at changing their advanced class. I know most the people who come to these boards and post will have 100 bad things to say about it, but they should not have any voice in my game EXP, only I should. Just as I should have no say in theirs.

Please add this and save me from deleting a toon I already that I already have so much done on.

I actually agree with you, but think this should be a one time thing, or a fee to do it... in game 100k, or something.

dear blizzard,

i leveled up my mage to 85 and am now tired of playing a mage. i want to play a warrior but dont want to spend weeks redoing the same content. please let me change my mage to a warrior so i can play the game the way I want to, not the way you designed it to be played.

thanks

I have to agree with the above poster about research versus experience. There are some games over the years that the class just didn't live up to my expectations based on research. That being said I would settle for 16 slots per server so you could make 1 of each class. That would suit me better than changing my AC.

Seriously, this is an MMORPG. It is a community experience not a single player experience.

Another thing that makes MMOs different from other games, is the decisions... you cannot go back to that last save and change things.

Giving people a AC change is simply a terrible idea and deletes the purpose of having AC in the first place. You want to play the FOTM, reroll.

having you in my game effects my game exp. please stop.

To be fair though, you can research all you like but that doesn't compare to playing the class for a bit.

Which is why you reroll. Not expect to be handed a lvl 50 toon of a different class. You just proved my point.

This game and all MMO classes are based on playing a class from the beginning, learning it, and investing in it. Not being able to switch when you get bored.

Also, ACs are basically their own classes. It's not like switching specs. There are 4 base classes because bioware didn't want to design 8 completely different structures (can't blame them), but each AC is unique enough that they are extremely distinct playstyles, and should not and will not be interchangeable.

dear blizzard,

i leveled up my mage to 85 and am now tired of playing a mage. i want to play a warrior but dont want to spend weeks redoing the same content. please let me change my mage to a warrior so i can play the game the way I want to, not the way you designed it to be played.

thanks

Knew someone would come out with this argument, as if it was remotely the same.

Think up something more relevant would you?

Your AC isn't that different to your base class, just a new skill tree and extra abilities. I mean you can even level up to 50 without ever choosing one, which just goes to show there's not a huge amount of difference in what you get once you choose one.

AC's are like Red Apples and Green Apples, not Red Apples and Oranges as you put it.

So you're saying say a sorc plays more like what you expected when you read the description of an assassin? are there really people who wanted to play a caster and selected the melee DPS AC? I'm curious, do you believe in WoW a rogue should be able to change into a mage? :rolleyes:

True that. I did a LOT of research when trying to decide between a Jedi Guardian or a Jedi Sentinel, and finally decided to play Sentinel. After 5 levels of actually playing, I felt it didn't suit my play style so I switched to a Guardian. This entailed levelling from 1-10 all over again before picking my AC.

I think it will be helpful to allow one AC respec before level 20. This gives people a chance to explore the two AC's before making a final decision. This is especially useful for new players who are still learning the game mechanics and haven't grouped much with others before to see how other classes function.

It's been discussed several times by the developers, including well documented coverage of the Guild Summit. Advanced Classes are considered separate classes.

You are also prompted by a window in the middle of your screen telling you this change to AC is permanent, and by clicking on that window, without hesitation on your part, is your own fault.

It takes 2 hours to make another character, if even that if you're going back to the same starter planet, since you already know most of the quests and locations.

I have never seen an MMO that will let you change your class. If they did allow it after you change you should be put at level 10 again and have to re choose.

Or

They could just make a totally customizable game that you can do whatever you want. You can just make a lvl 50 char with all gear and stats. You should be able to make your char lvl 55 if you want and just run through the game with ease. They should also make the ops soloable and if you want you can make any class in the Star Wars universe even if it is not intended. They should give everyone unlimited adrenals/stims of thier choice, and you should be able to turn on invicibility.

I pay for the game and this is what I want.

So you're saying say a sorc plays more like what you expected when you read the description of an assassin? are there really people who wanted to play a caster and selected the melee DPS AC? I'm curious, do you believe in WoW a rogue should be able to change into a mage? :rolleyes:

Out of interest, you've never done a theory test and then a driving test have you?

Edited by chaosdefined

You're just stretching chaodefined's post to make his point sound invalid.

You can do research and find out, in your example, a sorcerer and an assassin play differently. You might think, based on research, you would enjoy an assassin's melee DPS. But when you actually play it, you don't like it. You still like the core mechanics of the inquisitor though, and want to give the other AC a try.

Theory and practice is different. Not that hard to understand.

Knew someone would come out with this argument, as if it was remotely the same.

Think up something more relevant would you?

Your AC isn't that different to your base class, just a new skill tree and extra abilities. I mean you can even level up to 50 without ever choosing one, which just goes to show there's not a huge amount of difference in what you get once you choose one.

AC's are like Red Apples and Green Apples, not Red Apples and Oranges as you put it.

My main character is a Sniper, the alternate is a Operative. Those two classes play NOTHING like each other... not even remotely... Sniper = Hunter and Op = Rogue in WoW terms.

Sorcerer and a Assassin... explain to me how these are the same?

Marauder and Juggernaut? They could not even wear the same armor....

I would point out the BH AC but I have not played them, so I won't... but for 6 Classes in the game (Knight, Warrior, Smuggler, Agent, Inquisitor, Counselor) their AC are completely different in every way.

And I am sure trooper and bounty hunters are as well, but I will leave that for someone who actually have played them.