Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Rakghoul Plague Outbreak Ended - Surprised by this?

Arjin

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some harm to the player economy ;) the item cannot longer be obtain anymore, leaving the vendor in will create a "inflated market" for unscrupulous people who want to sell DNA for 10k a piece (why not, can't get it anymore) people who still have 200 or whatever will be tempted to sell it.

This may cause a different group of people to cry out saying it is not fair to have an item that is no longer obtainable and can be traded. People will complain one form or another. I think you should just bank it for now and maybe it will come back (more than likely on another planet I'm hoping)

No one will pay 10k per piece if they dont think it is worth it. So if you think a 41crystal (green/black) is worth 830k then what BIO did pre 1.2 to sell crystals for 1mil+ is a complete rip off. So what players may be able to do is "bad", but if it is done by the game devs, it's ok?

I dont see why ANYONE would complain if someone sold a piece for 100k each. There are literally only two people affected in this transaction; the guy who got the money, and the idiot who paid it. How is that affecting you in ANY way? it is not like the selling of DNA sample is going to create credits that weren't available in the economy anyways. It's a simple supply and demand.

I have an [unusual Eff] that I cant sell for 100k. Two nights before, some lucky guy sold one for 1mil. Did that affect me in any way?

I actually was one of those that sold DNA for 5k a piece in the beginning of the event. On Sunday, people were selling them for 500ea. since everyone knew by then how easy it is to farm them. A lot of people just wanted to farm as much as they can and see how much they ended up with and on their own time decide which crystals to buy.

because they made the date of the event's conclusion perfectly clear, stated that we would need to complete all the event content before that date, and Bioeare should not cater to entitled, self-important users who cannot bother to inform themselves about the game when the developers go to the trouble of making information readily available.

That is YOUR opinion that it was made very clear. If it WAS very clear, why did they come on the forum just the night before to tell people to spend all their DNAs? What % of the playerbase go on the forum? Out of that, what is the % of them checking the thread and seeing the April23 update? You are assuming that everyone plays and follows up with things exactly like you do. And you know what they say about ASSUMPTIONs.

I dont feel this is an unreasonable request at all. Specifically because the quest did end so upruptly and recently. You can say it was in the forums or people on your server said blah blah. But obviously some people were unaware and unhappy.

I don't feel it is unreasonable for it to NOT be added in, because the event is OVER!.

Regardless of what Bioware does, people will be unaware and unhappy. Bioware is under no obligation to extend the event, bring back the vendor immediately (which they did say vendor will return), NOR are they obligated to keep the vendor parked.

Bioware will do what Bioware has planned to do in regards to the event, and honestly, I see them bringing the vendor back... but not right now. So I woudl hold on to those DNA, and be ready to spend them when the vendor comes back.

That is YOUR opinion that it was made very clear. If it WAS very clear, why did they come on the forum just the night before to tell people to spend all their DNAs? What % of the playerbase go on the forum? Out of that, what is the % of them checking the thread and seeing the April23 update? You are assuming that everyone plays and follows up with things exactly like you do. And you know what they say about ASSUMPTIONs.
Except we've known the end date of the event for almost a week. It was readily available. As to those who chose not to visit the webpage, forums, or simply use Google to find out about the event, it's their loss. If they can't take the time to stay informed about coming changes, they have no reason to object when those changes are implemented on the servers.

Thank you for your constructive posts... you've made many constructive posts so far on this thread....

All of them beginning and ending with stop QQing

No worse than your posts of "I didn't spend my items in time (for whatever reason), bring back the vendor QQ".

This thread is full of QQ about not having spent items in time, and QQ about people wanting to bring the vendor back, and QQ about the notifications of the event.

Everyone in this thread in some way is QQing about something.

You must be joking. The end date was all over both internet and forums since Thursday. The date was also in their official sticky thread for the event. Four days aren't enough for you? How much do you want them to warn you ahead ? Two weeks or what?

A valid reason for not adding it back in?

Cause it''s over. No other reason is needed. It was told and repeated when the event would end.

You don't go back into best buy on Sunday and say, "Hey I was at a funeral and missed the special sales that ended yesterday. Start them up again so I can get the same deal."

That doesn't happen and nor should it. Timed event is timed. You missed it.

The special is over. You're done.

No you got the analogy all wrong. A more appropriate one would be:

Best Buy puts a big sign in EVERY store saying that anything you buy in the stores earns you 10 points. Collect 100 points and get a free Laptop. This points program is only good for a week. Then the night before the program Ends, Best Buy puts a add in the newspaper that the program is ending, and by the way, you need to use your points by the end of that night.

Also those who got the free Laptops are standing outside the store gloating, cheering and booing refusing to let the others try to talk to customer service. LOL

I think some people are confusing the end date of "the event" to "when the vendor dissapears".

Is it reasonable to assume they are one in the same? Yes.

Is it reasonable to assume the vendor stay around after the event for those with IRL engagements? Yes.

So let's all get on the same page here, and stop talking about two different things.

Why is it that when some players neglect to become informed on things, it turns out to be BioWare's fault?

OP, the event could have lasted a year and you would have been surprised by it's ending if you never take it upon yourself to search out the info or at minimum ask around.

I think that BioWare should do its best to inform players. This should include information on the launcher. I know quite a few players that avoid the forums and for good reason while I know others that simply just don't check the site at all. This makes the site not the most effective way to transmit information, especially for an even with absolutely no advertisement. In addition, every player sees the message on the launcher. There's little reason not to inform players that the event is ended through that medium.

Best Buy puts a big sign in EVERY store saying that anything you buy in the stores earns you 10 points. Collect 100 points and get a free Laptop. This points program is only good for a week. Then the night before the program Ends, Best Buy puts a add in the newspaper that the program is ending, and by the way, you need to use your points by the end of that night.

Also those who got the free Laptops are standing outside the store gloating, cheering and booing refusing to let the others try to talk to customer service. LOL

ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON. I'm /thread'ing this right here.

I think some people are confusing the end date of "the event" to "when the vendor dissapears".

Is it reasonable to assume they are one in the same? Yes.

Is it reasonable to assume the vendor stay around after the event for those with IRL engagements? Yes.

So let's all get on the same page here, and stop talking about two different things.

That is correct. The issue if the assumption that the vendor would or would not stay.

Now, Bioware made it clear that, after many inquiries as to the status of the vendor after the event, that the vendor would indeed go away at the end of the event.

Some people in this thread assumed (incorrectly) that the vendor would stay. They did not (for whatever reason) seek any clarification on that assumption, and went on with the belief that their assumption was correct.

Now that they realize that their assumption was incorrect, and regardless of the fact that Bioware clarified that exact thing after many inquiries, they are upset that they were wrong, and want the vendor brought back to correct their mistake.

Those players who were aware of the vendor going away are trying to make these posters aware that Bioware made the clarification, and that it was their mistake for making an assumption without taking the time to seek clarification, and while they are sorry these players were unable to spend their DNA, they missed the end of the event, and that is the way it is.

Um, yeah ... and your point is ....?

The defined period of time, in this case a week, would have passed passed. Customers would have had the full advertised period in which to claim their prize. There's nothing wrong with this.

Do you even read the pages or just claim to; here are several reasons for those of you too lazy to read the posts but eager to post more ignorance.

-They had a RL issue come up where they were unexpectedly unable to turn it in for whatever reason.

(Funeral <-mine, grounded, work/job emergency, didnt read the notes, unknown that vendor was gone too)

-They were unable to turn it in because they play on a pvp server and its in a pvp open fighting area and one side wouldnt let the other side use it (you think its unlikely but for sure it happened on my server the last day)

-They lost internet/power/cable the last few days ( i do know someone this happened to)

There is several reasons why they didnt get it done. now someone explain to me a valid reason why they shouldnt add the vendor for a week? Tell me how this hurts you?

Remember nobody here is asking for the quests to be active or world bosses respawned just the vendor. You might have gotten all the joy you wanted while the event was up, but why forsake the others who didnt?

Life is not fair, deal with it. If they were too lazy to spend the dna when they had a chance instead of trying to hoard it for some reason then that is the risk they took. No other game keeps an event vendor up after the event ends. The fact some people are crying is proof of this idiotic entitlement society that we live in today.

ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON. I'm /thread'ing this right here.

Except Bioware made it perfectly clear in a location that is accessible to ALL players when the event woudl end, and what the status of the vendor was. And they did this with many days left in the event to go.

if this had been clarified the day before the event ended, then yes, I woudl be in agreement with you, but it was not, so we are at odds.

Obviously it was. It was posted in this very forum. In fact, I believe it was stickied. Don't blame others for your failure to read.

Failure to read? As you in you FAILING to read that this point was brought up over and over like a broken record and made very clear that the vast majority of the playerbase do NOT read the forum. If you can show me that this forum gets 2mil+ unique IPs every day, I'll be quiet. Hec show me that it gets 10% of that.

Failure to read? As you in you FAILING to read that this point was brought up over and over like a broken record and made very clear that the vast majority of the playerbase do NOT read the forum. If you can show me that this forum gets 2mil+ unique IPs every day, I'll be quiet. Hec show me that it gets 10% of that.
And this matters how, exactly? Bioware cannot be held responsible for players that choose to remain uninformed.

On Mandalore, I had 20 and I was not able to use them up after i bought my crystal.... 80 Sith decided to camp the vendor the last 2 hours it was up, and would not let anyone buy anything.... Way to make the game fun idiots

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.