Bioware dont change a thing for Marauders!

whatthefett

You know its pretty annoying listening to all the Inquisitors complain about a class that takes a LOT of skill to be effective. I have a BH and an Assassin, and getting medals is a whole lot easier. To nerf a class that is difficult to play to begin with, just because the skilled players can do things that others cannot... to me... is like saying theres no gold medals to physically fit handicaps at the special olympics.... you just dont do that.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing about Marauders and being overpowered. We are a MELEE class. That means we are in the thick of the action. And you know what happens when I start burning people down? 8 other people turn and beat the crap out of me ******y-split. And if I wasted my super-duper cool downs on that beating, guess what? They are gone. Balance addressed. And if the other team is smart enough to neutralize me then all those cool downs just sit there looking pretty because who is going to waste them on a 6 second fight that is 2, 3, or 4 on 1?

All of this talk of overpoweredness is in context to a warzone battle that is hopefully 8 v 8. Everyone keeps addresing one aspect out of context that means nothing. That is not to say if you stand in front of me and do nothing I wont be super elite and "overpowered" and crush you. Who wouldn't?

One more thing about Marauders and being overpowered. We are a MELEE class. That means we are in the thick of the action. And you know what happens when I start burning people down? 8 other people turn and beat the crap out of me ******y-split. And if I wasted my super-duper cool downs on that beating, guess what? They are gone. Balance addressed. And if the other team is smart enough to neutralize me then all those cool downs just sit there looking pretty because who is going to waste them on a 6 second fight that is 2, 3, or 4 on 1?

All of this talk of overpoweredness is in context to a warzone battle that is hopefully 8 v 8. Everyone keeps addresing one aspect out of context that means nothing. That is not to say if you stand in front of me and do nothing I wont be super elite and "overpowered" and crush you. Who wouldn't?

So being Melee = OK to be OP

This has been addressed a million times. Saber ward? Once per match? Thats OP?

Look in pasts posts regarding the actual use of undying rage. Its not a god power. People read "Invincible" but ignore the context.

Cloak of Pain is our bread and butter. Doesnt every class have one?

There are so many variables to succesful game play, but to suggest with the minor changes last patch that Marauders are suddenly the greatest over powered class ever is ridiculous and just whining. It just stresses more of the real issues with the imbalance in gear, groupings, rankings, and player ability which is what really needs to be fixed.

You miss the big picture. WZs are stacked with sents/maras and the frequency of these abilities being used is ridiculous. What would an infil Shadow be like with these CDs? Why not give these to Powertechs? If they are used only once in a WZ then it should be ok for Powertechs to have these defensive CDs right?

You fanboys can say what you want, but there's no mistaking this class is offering too much as far as dps and survivability in WZs.

I laugh at all these guys saying "omg undying rage how do you handle it". Smart players dont even let marauders use that skill. Keep being clueless, I enjoy cutting you down repeatedly in WZs :D

I can't tell if you mara fanboys are being serious or satirical. You basically ousted yourself here anyway suggesting you cut everyone down that doesn't prevent you from using Undying Rage. Is that balance? That you have 1 ability that allows you to "cut" everyone down?

It comes down to the well roundness of the class. They are doing too much damage for the amount of survivability they have.

Guarded By the Force/Undying Rage - 1.5 min CD = 50% dmg reduction for 5 seconds spending 50% of current health

Rebuke/Cloak of Pain - 60 second CD = 20% dmg reduction for 6 seconds and doing dmg to the attacker(could last 30 seconds)

Saber Ward - 3 min CD = 50% increase in melee and ranged defenses and reduces force/tech attacks by 25%

Come on guys be honest with yourself. This is way too much defense for such a bursty class. If specced correctly these CDs can be reduced as well. It's always nice to play the FOTM class, but maras/sents are not helping with the PvP imbalances.

My 50 sent is on the shelf until he is fixed.

DPS doing damage is...bad?

Honestly you talk like other classes dont got no defensive CDs.

If you're complaining about a 6 second god mode with 1.30 min Cd and 50% health panelty, god help you.

bursty class?

Do me a favor and go to the BH forum. There's a screenshot there somewhere that displayed a 8.3k killing blow using heatsink missile.

When a mara is capable of doing that, then I'll be right with you asking for a nerf.

Til then I'll enjoy pwning on my mara.

I can't tell if you mara fanboys are being serious or satirical. You basically ousted yourself here anyway suggesting you cut everyone down that doesn't prevent you from using Undying Rage. Is that balance? That you have 1 ability that allows you to "cut" everyone down?

If you get cut down in 6 sec by any class you need to either:

A: Get better gears

B: Get a healer

C: L2p.

Edited by hyuplee

If you get cut down in 6 sec by any class you need to either:

A: Get better gears

B: Get a healer

C: L2p.

If you get cut down in 6 secs your

A: Playing a Healer

B: Facing a Marauder

C: Just died from such Marauder even after blowing all CDs so your CDs are not refreshed.

DPS doing damage is...bad?

Honestly you talk like other classes dont got no defensive CDs.

If you're complaining about a 6 second god mode with 1.30 min Cd and 50% health panelty, god help you.

bursty class?

Do me a favor and go to the BH forum. There's a screenshot there somewhere that displayed a 8.3k killing blow using heatsink missile.

When a mara is capable of doing that, then I'll be right with you asking for a nerf.

Til then I'll enjoy pwning on my mara.

"don't got no defensive CDs" = great English

You suggest Maras/Sents are not bursty? Aren't the Focus/Rage/Combat/Carnage built around burst?

We all know BHs are not pulling off 8.3k crits regularly. You need to prepare yourself for your upcoming...mmhmm (clear through) "adjustment."

I have an ability that allows me to cut down all the clueless enemies (that bring my HP low enough for me to want to use it - many times I don't even bother cause I don't need its safety). It's not hard to prevent a marauder from using undying rage at all; or even plan for it and minimize its impact.

However, be assured that I'm not gonna hold your hand and teach you how to counter my class. So either get better and learn, or keep getting killed.

I have an ability that allows me to cut down all the clueless enemies (that bring my HP low enough for me to want to use it - many times I don't even bother cause I don't need its safety). It's not hard to prevent a marauder from using undying rage at all; or even plan for it and minimize its impact.

However, be assured that I'm not gonna hold your hand and teach you how to counter my class. So either get better and learn, or keep getting killed.

The easiest way to prevent a marauder from using undying rage is to watch him blow it on a team mate, wait 6 seconds, the proceed to kill the marauder within the next minute and thirty seconds.

Edit : This ability will continued to be complained about until Bioware shortens its duration, increases its cooldown, or removes it completely. The ability is only marginally useful in pve and other games have shown that such an ability isn't needed for pvp. I'm not advocating for it's removal or change but merely saying it should've been a pve tank ability.

Edited by Mythicrose

I have a Sentinel so no hand holding needed. I have yet to complain about killed by a mara so keep up your illiteracy.

Once again, you fanboys are proving you are...mmhmm... over adjusted by saying things like "I have an ability that allows me to cut down all the clueless enemies (that bring my HP low enough for me to want to use it - many times I don't even bother cause I don't need its safety)." The only thing I can think of for responses like this are you are either clueless as to how much damage you are doing in such a short amount of time, or you are lying.

Don't be so ignorant to think the issue is that everyone is bad and you are good.

The easiest way to prevent a marauder from using undying rage is to watch him blow it on a team mate, wait 6 seconds, the proceed to kill the marauder within the next minute and thirty seconds.

That's one way to do it...ill advised...but it is successful.

"don't got no defensive CDs" = great English

You suggest Maras/Sents are not bursty? Aren't the Focus/Rage/Combat/Carnage built around burst?

We all know BHs are not pulling off 8.3k crits regularly. You need to prepare yourself for your upcoming...mmhmm (clear through) "adjustment."

Talking about someone's english - relevant to pvp?

how many carnage/rage you know?

There's like 3 on my server? How good are they?

most mara with carnage/rage i know tend to suck big time.

And dont worry about me. I'm fine with mara getting nerfed.

Ive been playing the class since day 1 and i sure as hell aint gonna change it cuz its nerfed.

Dont assume everyone who plays mara is fotm rolling.

PS.

What's clear through? and you think my English is bad?

Edited by hyuplee

This is what friggen happens when nerfs to healing occur because of nerf whines... DPS artificially gets increased and professions who were balanced vs the ability for equivalent healing get god mode. The next prof to get hit with the nerf bat is the DPS. Always happens. Great job bads. Do yourself a favor and stop queing non factors. Edited by Brittaany_Banks

I have a Sentinel so no hand holding needed. I have yet to complain about killed by a mara so keep up your illiteracy.

Once again, you fanboys are proving you are...mmhmm... over adjusted by saying things like "I have an ability that allows me to cut down all the clueless enemies (that bring my HP low enough for me to want to use it - many times I don't even bother cause I don't need its safety)." The only thing I can think of for responses like this are you are either clueless as to how much damage you are doing in such a short amount of time, or you are lying.

Don't be so ignorant to think the issue is that everyone is bad and you are good.

You've obviously not played your sentinel in PvP, or you woldn't be here whining, would you?

What I wrote is exactly what I mean. If you don't have a clue and don't know what you're doing, I'm gonna smash your face and laugh in the process. I know perfectly well how much damage I do while UD is on. I kill people while UD is on. Not my problem if you don't know how to prevent me from doing it.

You say I shouldn't assume people are bad, I'll keep that in mind the next time some gunslinger kicks me and then runs more than 10 meters away without going in cover, or when a sage backpedals from me while I use UD, or when I use gore and then ravage on a tank and they just stand there staring at me, or even when I use obfuscate on a sentinel and they don't switch to force attacks.

I hope no one here defending mara/sent ever went into a "nerf sorc" thread before 1.2 to qq about sorc being op.

If you did, your coming nerf is ironic justice.

At this point I actually WANT them to nerf marauder so people would leave the damn class alone.

Also, it'll stop all these noobs from rolling the class thinking how they can pwn anyone without trying and end up being a liability to the team.

So please, do nerf marauder.

You've obviously not played your sentinel in PvP, or you woldn't be here whining, would you?

What I wrote is exactly what I mean. If you don't have a clue and don't know what you're doing, I'm gonna smash your face and laugh in the process. I know perfectly well how much damage I do while UD is on. I kill people while UD is on. Not my problem if you don't know how to prevent me from doing it.

You say I shouldn't assume people are bad, I'll keep that in mind the next time some gunslinger kicks me and then runs more than 10 meters away without going in cover, or when a sage backpedals from me while I use UD, or when I use gore and then ravage on a tank and they just stand there staring at me, or even when I use obfuscate on a sentinel and they don't switch to force attacks.

Stop man ur making too much sense.

Whiner's gonna whine.

"sob sob" I get killed under six seconds and I donno whats wrong bawww

obviously a l2p issue, like you have pointed out. But then not everyone enjoys listening to facts. :/

Edited by hyuplee

Talking about someone's english - relevant to pvp?

how many carnage/rage you know?

There's like 3 on my server? How good are they?

most mara with carnage/rage i know tend to suck big time.

And dont worry about me. I'm fine with mara getting nerfed.

Ive been playing the class since day 1 and i sure as hell aint gonna change it cuz its nerfed.

Dont assume everyone who plays mara is fotm rolling.

PS.

What's clear through? and you think my English is bad?

Lol I meant Clear throat. I'm at work and must have bee sidetracked :)

I'm republic and don't converse with any maras. I have no idea how many there are and if I did I would probably need to set some real life priorities straight.

I don't assume they are all rolling because they are the FOTM. My sent was created in January as mys first toon when I knew nothing about the game, and I know others have done the same.

I'm not crying for a nerf. It is just irritating me how much time the mara/sent fanboy club is spending on defending themselves by saying they are not OP and everyone needs to L2P. This is a clear sign your class needs adjustment. How do we know you are so good? How do I know your not a scrub, but you do well in WZs because your class was over adjusted?

Lol I meant Clear throat. I'm at work and must have bee sidetracked :)

I'm republic and don't converse with any maras. I have no idea how many there are and if I did I would probably need to set some real life priorities straight.

I don't assume they are all rolling because they are the FOTM. My sent was created in January as mys first toon when I knew nothing about the game, and I know others have done the same.

I'm not crying for a nerf. It is just irritating me how much time the mara/sent fanboy club is spending on defending themselves by saying they are not OP and everyone needs to L2P. This is a clear sign your class needs adjustment. How do we know you are so good? How do I know your not a scrub, but you do well in WZs because your class was over adjusted?

Well if ur worried about that i can come out flatly and said I don't do as well as most other mara claim to be.

300k dmg is rare for me.

But when talking about classes you have to understand each class is designated to do a job. Maras are there to stop healers. Its why we get so many - healing debuff and dots cuz we can counter them heals. Let the sniper top dmg board.

Mara only ever top dmg if all they did was farm, which is not how you're supposed to play the class at all. I've said this before and I'll said this again, the majority of mara suck. Period. This is a fact I can proof with screenshots. Most Mara don't do well in pvp and if they do insane dmg they usually dont get any objectives.

With that said, seriously, if you think its easy for mara to cut someone down in 6 second, maybe play wz more.

Unless the guy getting killed is in green gear without defensive CD, 9 time out of ten it cannot be done. The only thing mara can do during that 6 sec is :

1: run away hoping they dont catch u. This is good when you have ur stealth.

2: interrupt more caps.

3: if in 1 on 1 apply some dot hoping the next person sees him will finish him off. (or her)

4: buy you time to call inc if you got ambushed.

On my server a good scoundrel can bring my hp down to 50% in 1 hit. All issue with every single class (except operative at launch cuz there was actually a bug) are L2p issue, with a small portion of them being bugs.

There is no OP class nor any UP class if you know how to use it.

Edited by hyuplee

Your illiteracy is making it difficult to continue a conversation. I didn't say "people are bad", I said, "don't assume everyone is bad."

Providing input is not whining. I have yet to say maras/sents need a nerf.

At this point I actually WANT them to nerf marauder so people would leave the damn class alone.

Also, it'll stop all these noobs from rolling the class thinking how they can pwn anyone without trying and end up being a liability to the team.

So please, do nerf marauder.

You said it not me ;)