EPIC fail

Bobinstein

Seriously. I started on the 18th, got myself three crystals without doing dailies on the 23rd. Ran into craptons of the plague bugging out, had to fix it just as many times. People's own dang fault for not finishing DNA collection if they're not willing to do the simplest of things to help themselves.

I got bugged a few times and wouldn't blow up. but if you noticed it you could fix it pretty easily. just apply vaccine and deactivate its buff. Is that what you did?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I got bugged a few times and wouldn't blow up. but if you noticed it you could fix it pretty easily. just apply vaccine and deactivate its buff. Is that what you did?

Yep. It was annoying, but was twenty minutes and 2k credits wasted at most. Seemed pretty obvious to me; if your debuff is stuck, get rid of the debuff.

Yep. It was annoying, but was twenty minutes and 2k credits wasted at most. Seemed pretty obvious to me; if your debuff is stuck, get rid of the debuff.

i thought i had lucked out. no one told me that exploding gave you dna samples. i didnt even know about the event until the 3rd day.

I remember playing WoW, they had this luna festival thing for the first time and I wasn't paying attention until the very last minute. Ended up not getting all the outfits with leftover tokens. I was unhappy camper for a while then stashed the tokens in the bank and completely forgot about it. Year later, event returned and had a jump start with tokens from year before.

TLDR: Save the tokens. There's no way this event won't return.

You seriously think they would throw away the time & effort put into making this event after one use?

okay let me explain. There was an option to become immune, but many willingly decided to ignore that, in favour of getting more of the event currency. But I think good stories (and BioWare claims that this game is about story) have consequences to the decisions that are made. By willingly not perventing invection and instead spreading it on your fleet and other worlds, the game should make a difference how the world will continue on this. That's why I think there should be a drawback for the faction which did that the most, otherwise why should the people care about not becoming a plague carrier. And then there is another part, stories are also about lessons, and to fail in teaching people that it is not a good idea to let deadly diseases spread, would mean that BioWare has not even grasped to basics of storytellung.

The vaccine was for people who were doing ops/flashpoints and didn't want to blow up, say, during a boss fight.

Exploding was part of the event, meant to be an easy way to get the DNA required for getting the event items. You could get infected from ANY infected mob, especially Rakghouls. Why would BW then penalize people for using a mechanic they built into the event?

Your logic is severely flawed.

The vaccine was for people who were doing ops/flashpoints and didn't want to blow up, say, during a boss fight.

Exploding was part of the event, meant to be an easy way to get the DNA required for getting the event items. You could get infected from ANY infected mob, especially Rakghouls. Why would BW then penalize people for using a mechanic they built into the event?

Your logic is severely flawed.

Haven't read the forums in the last days? Many people were really annoyed of getting infected, and even called it grieving. This could happen for all kind of reasons, like don't want that for your character (character oriented rolepayers) or not seeing it fit the story they would like to experience (story oriented roleplayers). So it is for some part of the story of this game, and not just a game mechanic (and I cannot blame them for thinking that way, especially since BioWare said that this game is story focused). So I hope they better get their story right and give us some consequenzes for our decision we made.

Haven't read the forums in the last days? Many people were really annoyed of getting infected, and even called it grieving. This could happen for all kind of reasons, like don't want that for your character (character oriented rolepayers) or not seeing it fit the story they would like to experience (story oriented roleplayers). So it is for some part of the story of this game, and not just a game mechanic (and I cannot blame them for thinking that way, especially since BioWare said that this game is story focused). So I hope they better get their story right and give us some consequenzes for our decision we made.

Are these the same people who refused to purchase a vaccine because they felt they shouldn't need to? You want consequences...well there's your consequence for not getting vaccinated.

i read that the event would run through the 24th, which is today. i thought i would be able to get the last samples i need today. and they were selling at 75k each on my server. i dont have that kind of cred

I saw people spamming DNA samples for 1k on my server.

Are these the same people who refused to purchase a vaccine because they felt they shouldn't need to? You want consequences...well there's your consequence for not getting vaccinated.

It goes in the right direction, but it has currently no larger consequence. Should BioWare punish the faction who had more deaths caused by the plague, then more people might think that they should have better used the vaccine. Since it had no drawback not to vaccinate, no it had only benefits in game, so they story BioWare can tell with it should also show that it is not just a good idea to spread diseases.

No, skip. These were the people that, rather then buy a vaccine, wanted to option to kill your arse and toss you out into space for trying to infect us, with the option to loot your sorry corpse for the 2k I had to pay for the immunity. ;p

Put that in game so that I can grief you right back and I promise that you will have no further worry about us "complainers". LOL

Edited by Blackardin

No silly. There should only be consequences for those who took part in an event. Not those who wanted nothing to do with it. :p

i read that the event would run through the 24th, which is today. i thought i would be able to get the last samples i need today. and they were selling at 75k each on my server. i dont have that kind of cred

75k each on your server ?

You either play on a dead server with 5 people making the DNA xtreme rare or you forgot to put a dot and say 7.5k.

Edited by Kirameki

I can't even understand this line of thought.

You 1: take the vaccine and don't participate in the event. or 2: Allow yourself to be infected and blow up to get DNA. Not hard to understand. There was even a mission/quest for blowing up and infecting people. BW encouraged it.

I can't even understand this line of thought.

You 1: take the vaccine and don't participate in the event. or 2: Allow yourself to be infected and blow up to get DNA. Not hard to understand. There was even a mission/quest for blowing up and infecting people. BW encouraged it.

I participated in the event but I can see the point of view of players who did not want to participate. The vaccine only lasts 6 hours of gametime. Forcing someone to pay 2k every 6 hours for not wanting to participate in the event is a bit ridiculous.

It goes in the right direction, but it has currently no larger consequence. Should BioWare punish the faction who had more deaths caused by the plague, then more people might think that they should have better used the vaccine. Since it had no drawback not to vaccinate, no it had only benefits in game, so they story BioWare can tell with it should also show that it is not just a good idea to spread diseases.

They won't punish anyone...they included a quest to infect 10 people.

No, skip. These were the people that, rather then buy a vaccine, wanted to option to kill your arse and toss you out into space for trying to infect us, with the option to loot your sorry corpse for the 2k I had to pay for the immunity. ;p

Put that in game so that I can grief you right back and I promise that you will have no further worry about us "complainers". LOL

That would have made for a more interesting event for sure. Would have been total chaos on the corresponding fleet stations though...along with so much complaining that the forums would crash.

I participated in the event but I can see the point of view of players who did not want to participate. The vaccine only lasts 6 hours of gametime. Forcing someone to pay 2k every 6 hours for not wanting to participate in the event is a bit ridiculous.

Not sure if serious.

It is not ridiculous at all. If you were really bent about having to spend 2k a few times, you could have asked nicely for someone to provide a stim. You would have very likely gotten one. Not to mention that if you would have unpuckered yourself for a little while and enjoyed the content, you would have been awarded free stims.

75k each on your server ?

You either play on a dead server with 5 people making the DNA xtreme rare or you forgot to put a dot and say 7.5k.

seventy-five thousand. and they were selling fast.

and how was i supposed to know blowing up provided dna samples? i never blew up. what i read from bioware here didnt mention it, and no one said anything in game

Edited by Bobinstein

It is not ridiculous at all. If you were really bent about having to spend 2k a few times, you could have asked nicely for someone to provide a stim. You would have very likely gotten one. Not to mention that if you would have unpuckered yourself for a little while and enjoyed the content, you would have been awarded free stims.

True this, I'll bet I'm not alone in that I was vendor trashing stacks of serum after getting them as rewards and only ever using them when bugged.