The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How strong was Luke Skywalker?

Rezianse

Well depends. Because affinity with the force (that, I mean the quantity of Midi-chlorians one has) does not always translate in being stronger. As far as I know Anakin Skywalker was the Jedi who had the most midi-chlorians and an amazing connection with the force - that did not stop him from being defeated.

Luke Skywalker was probably NOT the strongest Jedi as Anakin was only defeated by his own feelings/choice. A prime example is that Luke could not have killed the Emperor by himself, but Vader had it in himself to do so.

through all the various sources of any major star wars character, the consistency makes no sense.

there are novels that sorta make everyone from the movies like damn goku or something. yoda is suddenly ultra powerful despite his character was just supposed to be about being wise and against conflict. palpatine is suddenly made ultra powerful despite his chracter was just supposed to be all about being manipulative and deceptive and evil completely being against direct conflicts.

the "power levels" of all the force users isn't really important at all. it'd only really play a small role in actual fights. so being "super powerful" and having your force power go over 9000 doesn't exactly mean they'd automatically win in a fight. its like saying stone cold steve austin would beat bruce lee in a fight cus his strength level was higher. its silly and doesn't mean anything at all.

luke was very powerful with the force, but its not as important as the fact that he was a free thinking force user and instead of blindly following old dogma he came up with his own. thats real strength.

Luke was in no way as strong as Anakin who was described as having the force connecting to him not he connecting to the force by Qui Gon.

But the fact that he was a strong Jedi after only limited years of training, he was in fact incredibly strong, but certainly not as connected as Anakin, the emporer, or Yoda. I would say certainly stronger than Obi Wan and probably around the Windu level. But I may have no idea.

Luke was in no way as strong as Anakin who was described as having the force connecting to him not he connecting to the force by Qui Gon.

But the fact that he was a strong Jedi after only limited years of training, he was in fact incredibly strong, but certainly not as connected as Anakin, the emporer, or Yoda. I would say certainly stronger than Obi Wan and probably around the Windu level. But I may have no idea.

What? Lucas stated that Luke had the same potential as his father. In the EU this potential is realized. Luke was able to move faster than the eye can see. Manipulate black holes with the force. Warp objects. Pilot Starships with the force alone. Tear apart and entire citadel and rebuild it piece by piece with no effort and so much more. For the person who claims he couldn't take on Sidious.. yes he could and he did. He fought Sidious after he returned in a far more powerful younger body and defeated him at every turn.

• 3 weeks later...

he could make illlusions that made the enemy see an entire fleet of ships outside their windows. (legacy series)

he could cause the vongs miniture black holes to collasp on themselves (vong series)

he could suspend him self in midair adn float down to the grond fro m50 feet (cortship of princess leia_

he was proably the best swordsman ever (the unifing force book)

and there was a lot more that was either hinted at or i forgot

• 1 year later...
The more I read about Luke the more I like him lol. It is just so funny how he started out so irritating and whiny but became the thing the dark side fears lol. Inventing lightsaber forms that use a second lightsaber for defense only. Learning and mastering lightsaber forms that had all but gone extinct and some of which he only mirrored what the old order trained at but not because he knew of them but because they came naturally. When he was dealing with having to defeat Jacyn as the Sith Lord and knew because he foresaw all the different things he was going to do, he allowed Jana to fight him but controlled her body, how can you "possess" someone elses body remove their arm and then allow the host to finish the battle, amazing. As others have said, and so much more.He has my vote :).

The more I read about Luke the more I like him lol. It is just so funny how he started out so irritating and whiny but became the thing the dark side fears lol. Inventing lightsaber forms that use a second lightsaber for defense only. Learning and mastering lightsaber forms that had all but gone extinct and some of which he only mirrored what the old order trained at but not because he knew of them but because they came naturally. When he was dealing with having to defeat Jacyn as the Sith Lord and knew because he foresaw all the different things he was going to do, he allowed Jana to fight him but controlled her body, how can you "possess" someone elses body remove their arm and then allow the host to finish the battle, amazing. As others have said, and so much more.He has my vote :).

At the end of RoTJ, I consider Luke probably slightly stronger than Ob-wan when he beat Maul and became a Knight.

As time goes on, he just evolves into somebody had it been the time of the clonewars would of been on the council and been a master QUITE quickly.

No Luke became an AMAZING jedi.

At the end of RoTJ, I consider Luke probably slightly stronger than Ob-wan when he beat Maul and became a Knight.

As time goes on, he just evolves into somebody had it been the time of the clonewars would of been on the council and been a master QUITE quickly.

No Luke became an AMAZING jedi.

I just consider him The Jedi to compare all other Jedi's to. I know some/many will disagree, but that is just me.

I just consider him The Jedi to compare all other Jedi's to. I know some/many will disagree, but that is just me.

No he is a benchmark. Whether old or new, when you think of jedi, who's the first that always comes to mind to compare to. Luke Skywalker.