Legacy Rocket boost

stevmed

Ok so today I bought the rocket boost for two million from legacy tab. What i thought it would be is an ability players could use inside buildings to move faster when they could not use a speeder. What i laerned is that the rocket boost is treated like a vehical itself that lasts 15 secounds. The ability is stored in vehical tab and completely useless gameplay wise.

I am not trying to flame or anything but bring up a possible solution to make this ability actually worth something and an item players will want. Turn it into an ability that can be used indoors and only out of combate. Also an important note is to make it so one cannot use it inside a warzone to give players an unfair advantage.

At its current state the rocket boost is a money whole with no practicle application and if the one simple change is made it will be a ability players will truely enjoy using.

Does it have a channeled activation like a vehicle (regardless of whether or not it takes the same time, does it require you to stop to activate)? Does it cause your companion to store? If yes, yeah I could definitely see it being pretty useless

I bought this as well. I was doing an instance that recently disallowed speeders, and decided to give it a shot, as I figured it would help speed things up. I expected it to be more like force speed. I was very disappointed, and actually went so far as to put in a ticket asking for my money back. I don't need another speeder. This is useless in pvp and pve. Its only real use would be in lvling a toon to 25, before you get a real speeder that doesn't go away after 15 sec. My problem is that with 5 50s, l don't have to many more toons to lvl, so getting abilities that are only useful at low level is a waste. I would also like to point out that in 1.3, your supposed to be able to buy an unlock that allows a toon to use a speeder at lvl 10, making this skill even more useless.

There are many things that can be done for this game that will keep me playing. Implementing redundant abilities and hyping them is not one of those things. Building a Deathstar...flying a starfigher, leading an army...Sure. Lets hope for more in the next patch.

The base cooldown is 1 min, so with both extra ranks it would have no cool down and could be spammable.

The base version is pretty lame, I wished I had saved 2 million toward the ship GTN, I really thought it would be like a short term sprint function, but basically the base version is a 12 second duration instant cast speeder with a 60 second cooldown, and getting into combat instantly ends the channel, so say you pass too close to a mob, and that's it.

I wouldn't recommend anyone getting this skill unless they are so ludicrously loaded with credits that it wouldn't even make a dent.

Apparently you can request a refund of in-game purchases regarding legacy providing it is made with 24 hours of purchase.

I saw that some fella bought a Imperial skin specifically to make it look like Darth Maul (as 99% of most players want) on Republic side. But the imp skin options are not available or some such, so he was told by a cust rep to lodge the ticket.

Hope it helps you mate. But thus far most of this Legacy stuff is too expensive for the gimmick or few minutes it provides or saves.

I'll wait until 1.3 which looks like the implementation of the Comming Soon legacy options which will be great for levelling alts.

I can see uses for the rocket boost (like speeding through an area where one cannot use a speeder, like the tunnels to the dune sea on Tatooine or the bases on various worlds). But I think it is far to expensive for what it is doing, so I can understand that people are not to happy with it when they find out (at least it could tell one more clearly what you will get when buying this).

How fast does it make you go? If it's potentially spammable or close to it, I can see it being useful. It's an instant cast mount, good for moving short distances like between mobs, vendors, quest locations, etc.

I can see uses for the rocket boost (like speeding through an area where one cannot use a speeder, like the tunnels to the dune sea on Tatooine or the bases on various worlds). But I think it is far to expensive for what it is doing, so I can understand that people are not to happy with it when they find out (at least it could tell one more clearly what you will get when buying this).

Too bad it only works in areas that you CAN use a speeder.

That actually makes a lot of sense. This way it cannot be used in Warzones or create a PvP advantage for players with the rocket boost.

I'm glad I didn't buy it. :p

They could have done it like the heroic moment, so that it can only be used when you have an active companion, that would prevent the warzone issue without making this completely useless.

Legacy

The Rocket Boost ability can now be used inside and isn't restricted by areas that do not permit vehicles. It cannot be used in combat or in Warzones.

From Patchnotes. Just in case folks are too lazy :)