The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sweltering Heat Bug?

Philosomanic

Is Sweltering Heat bugged for you guys as well? For Vanguards, the slow isn't applying when it should. It appears (based on my experience) that it only applies once to any given target, and then won't apply again. Have you guys had similar issues? I've started a thread over in the Vanguard forums, so we'll see what other players have experienced.

You guys seem to have issues with slows. Like our Slow for PFT works but yours for your Pulse Cannon doesn't. Might be same type of bug. Last I checked when I was pyro the slow did work.

Short answer: Mine is working fine

Longer answer:

I have not had an issue with that at all, actually just last night I was using it to kite and burn an elite to death.

What I noticed though it doesn't constantly refresh the slow affect, which I believe shorter than CGC (it has the same debuff icon as force slow so Im assuming same default duration). So when the slow runs it waits to reapply until the next tick of damage.

Granted this could also be from spamming flame burst at the target which refreshes the CGC dot, but not the slow which is on damage so the slow and dot get out of sink IDK but to me judging from the buff icon and watching its more the first case.

Edited by BloodyTracer

Short answer: Mine is working fine

Longer answer:

I have not had an issue with that at all, actually just last night I was using it to kite and burn an elite to death.

What I noticed though it doesn't constantly refresh the slow affect, which I believe shorter than CGC (it has the same debuff icon as force slow so Im assuming same default duration). So when the slow runs it waits to reapply until the next tick of damage.

Granted this could also be from spamming flame burst at the target which refreshes the CGC dot, but not the slow which is on damage so the slow and dot get out of sink IDK but to me judging from the buff icon and watching its more the first case.

Yeah, from what I can tell it should be up 2/3 of the time. CGC/PC ticks every three seconds, and the slow lasts for two seconds. For us, the slow is applying on the phantom first tick (which does no damage), then on the second tick (after three seconds), but not on the third tick or any subsequent ticks.

Well, something is really messed up with Vanguards. I submitted a ticket about the first tick not doing damage, and the response said the dev team was aware of it and was working on a fix. I'm hoping that the slow bug is part of the damage bug, so that this'll get fixed with the damage bug.

This thread is displaying oddly for me, as well as your thread on the vanguard boards. dunno what that's about.

Anyway, only really noticed the slow not applying in pve when i get real kite abusive vs an elite. Not really a big deal.

This thread is displaying oddly for me, as well as your thread on the vanguard boards. dunno what that's about.

Anyway, only really noticed the slow not applying in pve when i get real kite abusive vs an elite. Not really a big deal.

I've been having it fail to apply in PvP as well, which is a huge deal. Only way I can take down a marauder/sentinel is by kite-strafing them. Toe-to-toe, they'll win.