Increase FPS update method !!!! works 100 %

Wardrope

not that this wont/doesnt work..

but im trying to figure out why starting the launcher from the START command would give it any benifit from starting the launcher by double clicking the icon on the desktop/start menu.

you've gave laucher.exe no extra priority, no special parameters.. effectivly all you did was make a different shortcut to the launcher and start it by batch file rather than the default LNK file that gets created after install.

*shrugs*

Listen friend. a lot of ppl that i gave the code have play atm with 110 - 100 fps very improving for them.

the idead of this code is to give to your proccesor of your pc on Swtor much focus than other tasks.. also when u save the File as .bat u will Run it from your bat file ! not from your launcher as before! , trust im not not lier or something like that. it works perfectly.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen friend. a lot of ppl that i gave the code have play atm with 110 - 100 fps very improving for them.

the idead of this code is to give to your proccesor of your pc on Swtor much focus than other tasks.. also when u save the File as .bat u will Run it from your bat file ! not from your launcher as before! , trust im not not lier or something like that. it works perfectly.

i understand that.. and again, since im at work i cant verify anything other than it does launch the game..

im just wondering why it would run better by starting the launcher from batch file, than from shortcut.. thats all :)

ANOTHER EDIT: i didnt rename the file i created launcher.exe as specified in step 3, i named it launcher.BAT

exe's are compiled, dont think you can just put exe on the end of a file and it miracously works. again *shrugs*

That worked ^^ had to set to .BAT instead of .exe

I must be a simpleton. I created a text file, copy/pasted the code and saved that text file as launcher.exe.

All that happens when I double click is that it opens the text file. Can you descriibe more simply what I'm supposed to do?

I must be a simpleton. I created a text file, copy/pasted the code and saved that text file as launcher.exe.

All that happens when I double click is that it opens the text file. Can you descriibe more simply what I'm supposed to do?

your computer doesnt show file extensions, so when you thought you put an EXE extension on the end of the file the actual file name was something like Launcher.exe.txt

so when you click on it you open the text file with the name "launcher.exe"

right click start > open windows explorer (or if in xp click 'explore")

press ALT, then click TOOLS, then click OPTIONS, then click the view tab, then find the option that says "hide extensions for known file types" and unmark that radio box. then click ok, ok, ok, ok, ok...

now look at the file you created, you'll see the TXT extension..

your computer doesnt show file extensions, so when you thought you put an EXE extension on the end of the file the actual file name was something like Launcher.exe.txt

so when you click on it you open the text file with the name "launcher.exe"

right click start > open windows explorer (or if in xp click 'explore")

press ALT, then click TOOLS, then click OPTIONS, then click the view tab, then find the option that says "hide extensions for known file types" and unmark that radio box. then click ok, ok, ok, ok, ok...

now look at the file you created, you'll see the TXT extension..

Remember to save the txt file as : Launcher.bat

Ps : thnx for answer of my post and im happy if any 1 use it and see the difference :)

/koryn

If you do it this way, might be better to use the program files path variable instead of using the absolute path:

START /d "%PROGRAMFILES%\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\" launcher.exe

If you installed SWTOR somewhere else, you will have to use an absolute path if you didnt make an environment variable for it.

If what you are trying to accomplish is just giving swtor more processing time, just alt tab out, push ctrl+alt+del to bring up task manager, click on the processes, find SWTOR.exe, right click, Set Priority, Above Normal.

You have to do that every time you run swtor though, but i found that worked in helping swtor run smoother if you have a lot of background processes that are active. I used this on Mass Effect 3 when origin would non-stop use 25% CPU...

Question about the FPS, SWTOR ingame info says my FPS is 30-50(depends what I do) while Fraps is saying 60/70+ average.

I however dont notice any delay or graphic issues or what so ever ingame. I'm not even sure the ingame information is correct.

Edited by Kirameki

Change the name of your text file you created to Launcher.BAT

not that this wont/doesnt work..

but im trying to figure out why starting the launcher from the START command would give it any benifit from starting the launcher by double clicking the icon on the desktop/start menu.

you've gave laucher.exe no extra priority, no special parameters.. effectivly all you did was make a different shortcut to the launcher and start it by batch file rather than the default LNK file that gets created after install.

*shrugs*

My thoughts exactly. It isn't doing anything fundamentally different than using the ordinary shortcut. The start command (as invoked) just spawns a new window and runs a designated program in it. No magic there. Not saying that it doesn't work, just that there is no apparent reason that it would provide any benefit.

Edited by EyeRekon
Changed word

If what you are trying to accomplish is just giving swtor more processing time, just alt tab out, push ctrl+alt+del to bring up task manager, click on the processes, find SWTOR.exe, right click, Set Priority, Above Normal.

Now that's a really interesting approach. I never would've thought of that in a million years! Thanks for that suggestion, think I'll give that a try.

We have some smart peeps on these Forums.

;)

A more clear instruction:

1) Open Windows Notepad

2) Type

echo @ off

START /d "--YOUR SWTOR PATH HERE" launcher.exe

e.g. for D:\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\ it would be

echo @ off

START /d "D:\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\" launcher.exe

3) Save as:

a)Type: All files

b)Name: launcher.bat

4) Use the created batch file to start TOR

I hope this helps.

My thoughts exactly. It isn't doing anything fundamentally different than using the ordinary shortcut. The start command (as invoked) just spawns a new window and runs a designated program in it. No magic there. Not saying that it doesn't work, just that there is no apparent reason that it would provide any benefit.

You guys are correct.

My guess is that the intended purpose was to include the /abovenormal or /high parameter to raise the execution priority of the task. However, this wouldn't work since, afaik, swtor.exe would not inherit the process priority from the launcher anyway.

Not to mention that raising the application's priority would only have an effect if your background processes were consuming a serious amount of cycles.