suggestion on how future events avoid the failiure of rakgouls event

Starcheif

Starcheif,

The WHOLE purpose of this event was to explore. In order to get one of the pets and a part of the codex for the title, you have to find 12 ship parts spread all over Tat. I could have googled it to find their locations (I didn't) , and when I first got the quest, I opened my map and when I didn't see them marked on it thought "wow - people are going to whine about this". I mean - how dare they require that you actually explore to find the quest area and 12 parts not on the map?

And to the comment that this is "so americanish", with the horrible use of English and spelling by StarCheif, I can only assume he is under 18 or not native English speaking (I hope)

starcheif,

the whole purpose of this event was to explore. In order to get one of the pets and a part of the codex for the title, you have to find 12 ship parts spread all over tat. I could have googled it to find their locations (i didn't) , and when i first got the quest, i opened my map and when i didn't see them marked on it thought "wow - people are going to whine about this". I mean - how dare they require that you actually explore to find the quest area and 12 parts not on the map?

And to the comment that this is "so americanish", with the horrible use of english and spelling by starcheif, i can only assume he is under 18 or not native english speaking (i hope)

exactly!

[quote=Eric-Mi;4100445

And to the comment that this is "so americanish", with the horrible use of English and spelling by StarCheif, I can only assume he is under 18 or not native English speaking (I hope)

dude i wasent the one who wrote that make sure you have all facts before you point fingers i was queteing another user

Edited by Starcheif

every think of doing a /1 and ask where the event started?

or doing a search in on the web?

or looking for blue glowing things that look like Lore objects?

yes i could have done that and thats exatly what the post is about i shouldent have to... except the part with the blue objekts and mine dont glow until i mouse over

dude i wasent the one who wrote that make sure you have all facts before you point fingers

Ummm, I am fully aware that you weren't the one who wrote that (you simply quoted it). I wasn't (notice the spelling) pointing fingers at you for the statement, but questioning it's merits as I don't think you are a native English speaker.

I hate this event with a passion. Anyone who has read the forums over the last few days knows that. But this is not about that.

However, I like how they made you find the quests. There have been multiple threads on the forums on how to do everything. There is an entire daily blog devoted to it. Every time something got found out, or added, it was posted. I read about it, never did it, but I took the time to read it.

Why do I like the way they did it? If I was into the event, I would like to try and find stuff on my own. I don't like the devs holding your hand every step of the way. The option is there if I get stuck to ask for help, but it is not handed to me on a silver platter.

So the information was out there, very easy to find. I am sorry you didn't feel like taking the time to find it and read it. That is not the dev's fault. That is your fault.

Ummm, I am fully aware that you weren't the one who wrote that (you simply quoted it). I wasn't (notice the spelling) pointing fingers at you for the statement, but questioning it's merits as I don't think you are a native English speaker.

dude if my spelling is all you got to bash with your arent very well equipped

Wish people would learn to play/spell properly.

Really? You had a problem with GETTING THE QUEST? First off, there was no "quest" there were several dailies. And also, plenty of people liked Rakgoul Pandemic, including myself. Theres nothing wrong with a bit of exploring.

L2spell and l2p

I hate this event with a passion. Anyone who has read the forums over the last few days knows that. But this is not about that.

However, I like how they made you find the quests. There have been multiple threads on the forums on how to do everything. There is an entire daily blog devoted to it. Every time something got found out, or added, it was posted. I read about it, never did it, but I took the time to read it.

Why do I like the way they did it? If I was into the event, I would like to try and find stuff on my own. I don't like the devs holding your hand every step of the way. The option is there if I get stuck to ask for help, but it is not handed to me on a silver platter.

So the information was out there, very easy to find. I am sorry you didn't feel like taking the time to find it and read it. That is not the dev's fault. That is your fault.

Finaly a grown up worth debating good to see :-D i can understand that i dont want them to hold my hand either but what i would have liked is some more pointers thats it

yes i could have done that and thats exatly what the post is about i shouldent have to...
And that attitude RIGHT THERE is why this game is not suited for you and NEVER will be. Lose the sense of entitlement that tells you something is FAIL or broken when you cant get something in-game handed to you in less than 5 minutes....

I doubt very highly that anyone will agree with you about this so if you are looking for people to agree with you, you came to the wrong game.

I got my codex entries, my green/black lightsaber crystals and ALMOST got everything needed for the pet, but you dont see me QQing and crying cuz I had to work my butt off this weekend for it only to almost get it, because I had fun doing it.

Edited by Niccali

And that attitude RIGHT THERE is why this game is not suited for you and NEVER will be. Lose the sense of entitlement that tells you something is FAIL or broken when you cant get something in-game handed to you in less than 5 minutes....

I doubt very highly that anyone will agree with you about this so if you are looking for people to agree with you, you came to the wrong game.

I got my codex entries, my green/black lightsaber crystals and ALMOST got everything needed for the pet, but you dont see me QQing and crying cuz I had to work my butt off this weekend for it only to almost get it, because I had fun doing it.

yes and again another of my points this game is supposed to be FOR EVERYONE not just hard core i only got 3-4 hours to play a day so if this is supposed to be for all not just hardcore players,,,, more pointers would be nice not all got the entire weekend to spend on a game you know

yes and again another of my points this game is supposed to be FOR EVERYONE not just hard core i only got 3-4 hours to play a day so if this is supposed to be for all not just hardcore players,,,, more pointers would be nice not all got the entire weekend to spend on a game you know

And again, that is why people posted so much information out there for people to see. Not for their own enjoyment. They found the stuff already. They wanted to make it easier for people like you who did not have time to devote to finding everything on their own. It is your own fault for not asking.

And again, that is why people posted so much information out there for people to see. Not for their own enjoyment. They found the stuff already. They wanted to make it easier for people like you who did not have time to devote to finding everything on their own. It is your own fault for not asking.

yes i could have done that... but if i had done that i wouldent have done it myself and before you start.. yes i know its an mmo.

yes i could have done that... but if i had done that i wouldent have done it myself and before you start.. yes i know its an mmo.

So, having BW tell you where everything is located is doing it yourself? I, like many others, are glad that BW, rather than spoon feeding people, made those that didn't want to work on it, do one of the following:

a). Find it on the internet

b). Ask in chat/guild/friends

or

c). For those too lazy to do either of those options, come here and QQ about it on the forums.

As far as attacking your spelling, I wasn't attacking the spelling - only that I felt by looking at your spelling you weren't native English speaking. If that is not the case, I apologize. It wasn't meant as an attack on you but the person that made the generalization about it being "americanish"

As far as attacking your spelling, I wasn't attacking the spelling - only that I felt by looking at your spelling you weren't native English speaking. If that is not the case, I apologize. It wasn't meant as an attack on you but the person that made the generalization about it being "americanish"

apologi accepted :-P